The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Colored Vapor

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by talmadgemonroe, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. talmadgemonroe

talmadgemonroe Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2009
    Kalamazoo
    Would it be possible to make colored vapor? Food coloring?

2. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Perhaps. Try red dye 2, 3, 5, 40.... Let us know how that goes.

3. Elokin6

Elokin6 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2009
    Denver
    I know it's not possible to get colored vapor out of a fog machine, and a pv operates on the same principal. The only way to get colored fog on stage is to shine a colored light on the fog. Adding colors to the fog juice doesn't do a darn thing, except for potentially jacking up your fog machine.

4. talmadgemonroe

Jul 16, 2009
    Kalamazoo
  5. callousparade

callousparade Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2009
    Virginia Tech, VA
    i've done a lot of research into getting colored fog out of a fog machine and colored smoke out of a hookah... basically the research came up empty.
    there were some chemicals that could be added, but every single one was a "suspected cancer causing agent"

6. Applejackson

Applejackson Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2009
    Albany, NY
    I find that the vapor naturally has a slightly pink hue when compared to the relatively blue cigarette smoke. Thought it was watermelon flavoring with dye, but seems to be all flavors.

7. Harry Crazington

Harry Crazington Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2009
    Las Vegas
    The only natural element known on Earth that has a colored vapor is Iodine, however I wouldn't recommend vaping Iodine just to see a pale violet tinted vapor.
    You can not 'paint' or 'tint' water molecules.

8. framitz

framitz Moved On

May 24, 2009
    RSM, CA
    You might shine a bright colored LED on it. In subdued light it would be pretty.

9. happily

happily Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2009
    anchorage, ak
    proper led's can do it in dimly lit settings...........that would be the purpose of these mods

link.... Accessories

10. Keef

Keef Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2008
    Scotland
    Tropical Bob tried it.

All the colour ended up in the atomiser none in the vapour.

Said it was a real mess.

11. talmadgemonroe

Jul 16, 2009
    Kalamazoo
    Thanx all,

Glad I asked before I tried. Gotta love the forum...

Talmadge

12. vconrad

vconrad Full Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    I heard that there is a battery with a black light on the end now. THat might make your vapor look funky cool.

13. Majestic

Majestic Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    N.E. Wisconsin
    Unfortunately the addition of colored vapor and blacklights will do nothing more than fuel the FDA's argument of trying to attract the kiddies in my opinion.

What would be a benefit to the world of vaping would be an odorless and vaporless e-juice that still had a good throat hit. That type of juice would come in handy when you're situations where you need a vape, but don't wish to draw the attention. Couple that juice with a non-lighted power source and it would be the perfect nic inhaler as I see it.

14. Reillj

Reillj Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Boston, MA
    I'm using the flavorless TW liquid @ work with my 510. I just hold it in my lungs a little longer and hold the 510 cupped in my hand, and it is essentially the same thing. People think I am chewing on a pen.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.