Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
How long are you home for this time, magnus?

Just a day and then back out. Late July through October is a high-cycle for my business.

You can try what the others suggested. It's worth a shot, but I'd be prepared to take a few extra trips to the restroom. ;)

And if people start to wonder it's always about a kidney infection... just sayin'.

-Magnus

Splinter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
New York
Thank you all for the advice. I've been trying to educate myself more on e-cigs so I have the right come back answers for them. When I was smoking analogs once in my own backyard at my daughters b-day, my sister asked me to stand in the front of the house out to stop smoking for the day. I told her no, MY house MY rules. I do like the bathroom trick and I might do that. I can always say I drank a lot of coffee before I came. HeHe. As far as not going, I would LOVE to do that but my 10 year old niece would be upset. Like I said, I understand about the house but the porch or driveway.... Come on. Thanks again.

TroopX

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Mpls
www.ThePlumeRoom.com
Tell her it's just like making soup. When you heat it up- it makes a nice smelling vapor, just like when you boil stock. That's all it is- water vapor and a bit of flavoring. Does she make soup in the house? In addition, PG is an anti-bacterial- so you are also disinfecting her house.

Thank you all for the advice. I've been trying to educate myself more on e-cigs so I have the right come back answers for them. When I was smoking analogs once in my own backyard at my daughters b-day, my sister asked me to stand in the front of the house out to stop smoking for the day. I told her no, MY house MY rules. I do like the bathroom trick and I might do that. I can always say I drank a lot of coffee before I came. HeHe. As far as not going, I would LOVE to do that but my 10 year old niece would be upset. Like I said, I understand about the house but the porch or driveway.... Come on. Thanks again.

renstyle

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Boone, Iowa
Ok, looking for some advice with a strange situation. Short story, my hubby and I started vaping about a year ago before going back to analogs do to bad experiences. While at my sisters house during our first vaping experience, she didn't understand what e-cigs were and wouldn't let us vape inside. We understood and went on her covered but not enclosed deck with no complaints. Keep in mind it was poring out. She opened the door and said she didnt want us smoking there and asked us to stand in the street. (she wouldnt even let us stand on the driveway, near the garage where there is an overhang) So we went in our car. When we went back inside she harped on us for "smoking" and told us to quit, yadda yadda yadda. Also keep in mind, shes a reformed smoker. This Saturday is her daughters b-day. I know we will be there long because she is the only person I know that really drags her kids parties for hours. I mean like 6-8 hours. Takes hours between getting there and eating, eating and cake, cake and gifts. HOURS. Is there a good way to try to explain to her what e-cigs are all about so we won't have to stand in the rain or go to the car? We are expecting the hurricane to hit here that evening and really bad rains for the whole day. Any advice to help us stay dry and get through this really long event would be appreciated. Thanks

I know this sounds kinda silly, but holding in your "puffs" until you can't see them? Not really a solution, but it is something I've done in the office when I couldn't get away and didn't want to cause a stir...

Splinter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
New York
Tell her the truth. Its a miniature version of the vaporizer she uses when the kids have chest colds. It makes the same water vapor.

I told her that once but she came back saying it contains nicotine. But her family does eat eggplants & tomatoes and they contain nicotine. I'll bet I'll still lose. :(

renstyle

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Boone, Iowa
I'd like to say that based on all of the great noise I've heard about VR juice, I jumped in headfirst once the sampler pack arrived. Normally I'd sample some juice via dripping, but this time I dedicated a carto to each flavor before I ever tasted any of them.

I was NOT disappointed!

I got all of the Kentucky Blends, and each one is great. Applewood, Cherrywood, Maplewood, Vanilla and regular. These could each be all-day vapes. All are very similar, but yet just different enough!

My other two flavors: Hard Lemonade - DOES taste like an Arnold Palmer lemonade/tea drink (my fave from our local Caseys). Blueberry - excellent flavor, not too sweet, no perfumey taste like I've had from other sources.

:thumbs: well done!

Splinter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
New York
I know this sounds kinda silly, but holding in your "puffs" until you can't see them? Not really a solution, but it is something I've done in the office when I couldn't get away and didn't want to cause a stir...

Very good idea..... It would be a lot easier if people would understand the product better. Well see what happens. I'm not sure if we are even going due to the hurricane hitting LI then.

Pamdane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2011
Cleveland area, Ohio
I told her that once but she came back saying it contains nicotine. But her family does eat eggplants & tomatoes and they contain nicotine. I'll bet I'll still lose. :(

EITHER YOU PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN, OR YOU WONT HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON. I'm not sure you really want our advise :)
It seems you know the situation fully. If your sister has all the answers, and you cant use logic on her, there is nothing we can help you with? ;)
Good luck there.

Splinter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
New York
EITHER YOU PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN, OR YOU WONT HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON. I'm not sure you really want our advise :)
It seems you know the situation fully. If your sister has all the answers, and you cant use logic on her, there is nothing we can help you with? ;)
Good luck there.

I really do want your advice. I want to make sure I go to her with the proper info to make her understand. With putting my foot down, my sister needs to be treated with padded gloves. She's older then me but acts younger when to disagree with her. Everything is very touchy with her and once she gets something in her head she doesn't budge. I was thinking of having some info sheets to bring to her but I'm not sure what the best place would be to get the most informative info. It urks me that she's like this. I'm sorry, I just needed to vent and get advice before I go. Thank You everyone for being so understanding and helpful. :)

Splinter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
New York
Hi everybody, sorry for not being here a lot of late, very busy fixing our screw up. A lot to read, thanks all, and have a great day.

No worries, just got your e-mail that the replacements went out. I placed an order today and put what we spoke about on the phone in the comments. I'm hoping you didn't send a double order of the replacements. If so I'll call you to let you know so you can bill me for it.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
I'd tell the sister you're only staying as long as the nicotine stays in your system. "Not standing out in the rain so when it's time to vape we are out of here." The vape is the only thing standing between you and cigarettes. Another option, for the girl's sake, would be to wear a patch while there.

Splinter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
New York
I'd tell the sister you're only staying as long as the nicotine stays in your system. "Not standing out in the rain so when it's time to vape we are out of here." The vape is the only thing standing between you and cigarettes. Another option, for the girl's sake, would be to wear a patch while there.

Thanks.... My husband says the same thing about leaving. I always congratulate people when they quit smoking and I did with her as well but I really can't stand the reformed smokers who claim I'm still smoking even if I'm vaping. I'm just going to go there with enough knowledge to explain to her that she is in no harm if I stand on her porch and if that's not enough for her then it will be time to leave. Thank You all for your input and advice. :)

renstyle

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Boone, Iowa
I really do want your advice. I want to make sure I go to her with the proper info to make her understand. With putting my foot down, my sister needs to be treated with padded gloves. She's older then me but acts younger when to disagree with her. Everything is very touchy with her and once she gets something in her head she doesn't budge. I was thinking of having some info sheets to bring to her but I'm not sure what the best place would be to get the most informative info. It urks me that she's like this. I'm sorry, I just needed to vent and get advice before I go. Thank You everyone for being so understanding and helpful. :)

Another thing I would mention, especially if your sister won't budge on the property question, is to vape in your car. You'll stay dry, and hopefully wouldn't have far to walk (I'd hope she'd accept you hiding away in your vehicle while it was in her driveway).

We all know this sounds kinda crazy, but the main point of the visit is for the little ones and in this specific situation, I'd keep a low profile and not rock the boat. If it was more of a 'neutral territory', such as a parent's anniversary at a community center or other, it would change the tack considerably.

I have not been in this type of situation, mainly because the family that I visit have not completely quit smoking, so having me stand outside with the smokers doesn't really bother me (I'd be out there even w/o my PV, alot of chatting goes on out on the deck, as all of us former smokers know well).

Hope this helps, and I do wish you luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread