Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Hello guys,
    my fav. berry is a common strawberry which is also called a forest/wild strawberry.
    not that many ppl tried it or even saw it I guess. It smells differently than strawberry (and tastes much better to me). It looks like this:
    fresh-red-forest-strawberry-picture_csp20274615.jpg

I'm trying to find a common strawberry flavour concentrate for DIY ejuices or at least a good mixed ejuice with it for a long time now. Tried different "wild strawberries" but non of them was good and at least close to the original smell.

If anyone knows where to get a concentrate for DIY or juice I'm looking for, let me know pls.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Just an FYI-- in all the time I have been using flavorings, I have never seen strawberry using or even describing what you are looking for. All flavorings for strawberry always show for the normal strawberry. so I am not sure that what you are looking for has ever been made OR pics don't always tell the whole story. Maybe email any flavor maker and ask if they make the flavor you want? Can't hurt.

:)

• Agree
    Reactions: madstabber

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    My guess is that you are going to need to mix a few different strawberry flavors to get a blend you like or that comes close that what you're looking for.

I don't use flavors that much, but in my experience, to get a well-rounded strawberry, orange, grape, etc requires mixing a few different strawberry flavorings to get what you want. Many fruits I have tried are better when blended with other 'types' of strawberry, etc.

In other words, I doubt you are going to find a single flavor or flavor shot for DIY that is what you want. Don't let this deter you though. Why not get a small amount of a few different flavors after looking at a few strawberry recipes and experiment a bit? You might come up with something you like ever better. :)

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Inawera Poziomka
    Nice! this looks like it. Poziomka is a common strawberry in Polish. Do they make it in Poland?
    Never used the Inawera flav. yet.

mixing a few different strawberry flavorings
    tried it, I'm ending up with a normal strawberry/yogurt flav. which are also nice but not the one I was looking for. Katya found the real one I hope.

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Nice! this looks like it. Poziomka is a common strawberry in Polish. Do they make it in Poland?

tried it, I'm ending up with a normal strawberry/yogurt flav. which are also nice but not the one I was looking for. Katya found the real one I hope.
    Good luck, I hope you found it. :)

I've gotten very interesting effects blending a VERY small amount of raspberry or blueberry with strawberry as well. Just enough to deepen the berry flavor a bit, but not be prominent. Strawberry flavors are very hit/miss, I've never found one I like as a stand alone flavor. I've always had to blend a few or add just a touch of blueberry or raspberry to it to round it out. Sometimes, just a subtle touch of something else to compliment the primary flavor completely changes it for me. Especially with fruits.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    I've always had to blend a few or add just a touch of blueberry or raspberry to it to round it out.
    I'm not an experienced mixer yet and I try not to use more than 3 flav. per juice which usually works.
    Tried 5-6 few times and never had a good ejuice from it.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I'm not an experienced mixer yet and I try not to use more than 3 flav. per juice which usually works.
    Tried 5-6 few times and never had a good ejuice from it.
    Mixing requires patience and a lot of trial and error. Once in a while we get it right the first few times. But since all of our tastes are different(perceive flavors differently unique to our taste buds) it is hard to find a profile of basic flavors. In other words, one size does not fit all. Its kinda like cooking. No one is expert at it until much practice, tasting and such. Most of us experience blah flavors no matter how long we have been mixing. It just is all part of the journey. Expect to have failures so start with small bottles and recipes so if it is blah tossing it does not cost as much as mixing a larger bottle. Remember to also start low in % as you can alway add more flavoring but getting a lower % from a higher one means doubling a recipe and that is not always a good idea.

:)

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

Yes and yes. Inawera is a Polish company and it has quite the following here. Their Shisha Strawberry is very popular. There's a huge Inawera thread here--you may want to check it out--ask questions.

Inawera- a few reviews

Last edited:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    Made my first batch of diy a little over a year ago. Strawberry cheesecake. I used tfa strawberry ripe by itself for the strawberry component. Gotta say i was impressed. Success on the first try leads to overconfidence and this leads to making a juice that i couldn't even give away. But i didnt give up. And since then, ive made some amazing juices. I still can make amazing juices but currently im low on flavorings and just too lazy to order more when i can get some equally awesome juices at my local b and m's. Between three stores near me, i have a wide variety of flavors to choose from at ready disposal. No doubt, ill mix again but for now im enjoying what the vape stores have to offer and this also gives me ideas for later experimenting

• Informative
    Reactions: dreamvaper
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread