Compatible Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
Please forgive me, but am getting back into vaping for the first time in a long time.

First experiments show I need new liquid and coils (I like to change coils when I change flavour,)

So I have new liquid and coils ordered, but got a few days before they arrive.

So I thought I would look at local vape shops to see if they had coils locally.

But there is no one offering the same brand of coil.

So the question is, what coil can I use?

My mod is a joyetech elitar. What coils are compatible with this?

Or do I have to wait till I get back home next week?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome.
ANY of the Joye "BF" coils should work.
Capture.JPG

FYI: The elitar is a 510 threaded device. Almost any 510 threaded tank (99% of the market) can be used with the "pipe" battery.

HTH
I

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
So I thought I would look at local vape shops to see if they had coils locally.

But there is no one offering the same brand of coil.

I just want a to find out if I can get a compatible Coil locally

Any vape shop that is local to you, wherever you are, that carries Joyetech Cubis or the eGo AIO coils will work.

If none of them carry those then you will have to wait till you get back home next week.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I don't think there are any cross compatible coils for that tank. That Elitar is such an obscure device that the vape shop may not even know what it is. If you take that list of coils back to the shop they may find an old Dusty box of coils in a dark corner of the back room somewhere. Otherwise you'll just have to wait until you get home.
Which coils did you order?

Reactions: Baditude

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
But I don't want another tank, I just want a to find out if I can get a compatible Coil locally
No one said you had to buy a new tank. :lol::lol: As noted, it was for information purposes only.

Local to you?
You would need to tell us where you are.

Here, it is Sunday and most shops are closed.
The one shop that is open, does not carry those coils.
You could try the Store Steam location in Inca on Monday. They are an authorized Joye distributor.

Cheers
I

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
Thank you all....

Well, may not get much time for vaping at all till next week.

When I asked about buying coils locally....

I was not referring to a specific locality, I meant not online...

I have got some Juice... But my coil will still have the flavour of strawberry milkshake for a bit....

I have stopped at a couple of vape shops trying to find a new clean coil. They all told me that I had to order online.

So, as far as coils and 50/50 liquid, I shall wait till my online shopping orders arrives.

I have a short bent drip tip coming, so my kit will have a familiar feel physically.

I have some max VG liquid, bought because of the smell rather than any consideration of viscosity.

It is a lot thicker than I thought, so may have to add a little DI water.

It is Crucial Vapours Bavarian Custard.

Smells wonderful.

I was chatting to the chap in the shop and he actually listened to me... I told him what I liked, and so I now have this liquid.

I have added a NIC shot. I have used NIC salts because it is less harsh, from what I have been told.

It works out at 9mg. But think I do have to add the DI.

If it turns out that this liquid works, I shall refine my flows and power till I get the best out of it. If that best meets my requirements, then I shall stay with the same ''formula"

If the best does not give me the flavour and vapour I want, I start again.
I shall post updates as I try.

I am a chain vaper once I get the setup right. So I do have to think about wicking. As I am using a prebuilt atomiser, I cannot change the wick characteristics, I can only control that by controlling the liquid.

I hope that this setup process is not long.

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
Thank you......

I know sometimes it may seem that I focus on specific details a bit too much, I also know I use the wrong words.

It is hard to put what I am looking for into words. I need to find a flavour that I like, and so Custard seems to fulfill my needs.

Many years ago, when RY4 first came out, I tried a bottle and loved it. But I ended up having to change brand, and I never liked it after that.

This time, I will keep notes, keep as many constants as possible and I will find the flavour I like.

Then sort out the vapour characteristics, with the liquid now a constant.

Then I can forget all about settings and equipment, I can just vape completely automatically.

In some ways, I understand some of the old stories about people like Tesla who had a wardrobe filled with identical clothing, then he did not have to waste time thinking about what to wear.

Do not want to have to think about vaping, I just want it to happen....

So as I need to minimise variables, I need to try and understand what each one does. Then set them, so I can compare liquids on an even playing field.

I am also slightly OCD, so I have to follow a set routine. I hate things not having a set pattern. At the minute, my vaping does not have a set pattern......

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
Once again, thank you all. Before I even consider an RBA or anything else, I need to remove liquid as a variable.

So initially everything will be based on a fresh clean atty/coil. Once I have a vape that I enjoy, I can then look at attys then.

Even so, as long as I have a vape I like, and as long as I can get replacement coils, I will probably keep everything the same.

I like the current setup, from an aesthetic point of view. The tank matches the body perfectly. Just need to change the tip, so that I have a setup I like.

Like with any new pipe, the physical feel of it is as important as everything else. Also like any new pipe, it will take a while to feel right.

Even two supposedly identical factory made pipes such as Petersons feel different somehow.

So as well as getting my flavor and method sorted, I need to be in a position so that I have the comfort blanket effect that is the unspoken need behind every pipe smoker.

So, am now back in Scotland, need to just connect 4 wires, write some code, then go home....

Tomorrow after a serious lay in, I shall stats experiments

Reactions: Mordacai

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
Well physical connections were not so much of a problem....

But the big problem was a rogue denounce value.....

I shall be somewhere near home by the early hours of the morning.....

Then by the time I manage to drive past the office (once o get out of bed ) all my new coils, drip tips and juice will have arrived.

I may not use this Max VG...

Will see what the 50/50 is like first.

Reactions: Mordacai

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
So, about to start working out where I am with all of this.....

New coils have not yet arrived..... And a search of local vape shops proved unsuccessful......

Until someone told me that Totally Wicked have just become the main UK agent for Joyetech.....

So half an hour later, I am sitting at home with a couple of new coils (TW BF1.5 LVC), not joyetech by name......

The drip tips did arrive, but they are pipe stem lookalikes .

They look the same as the my pipe mouthpieces, but really are not right for me.

I have spoken to a chap who used to make my pipe stems. He made a master for me in 1989, when I had my pipes. He has never made one for an e-pipe, and I must admit to never even thinking about asking him before. Not that he would ever be a major manufacturer. Partly because he is in his 80's and has been custom making pipe stems by hand for 70 years. And takes 2 months to tune it to the customers satisfaction. He is going to get everything ready, then when I get to Harrogate next week, he will fit it to my mod....

Some of his customers have been customers longer than I have been alive

They are not cheap, but it will make everything feel more natural.

The problem being that a pipe stem is not made from just ABS.. it is a a form of vulcanised rubber I believe.
These are also custom shaped to a design I have been used to smoking for years. The master gets modified only when a customer is happy, maybe over a couple of years.

The only bit he now has to change is where it now first a tank, rather than my old Peterson.

I also got a another bottle of 50/50 custard today as well.

I have kept this bottle of custard at 0mg.

I now have a cleaned out tank with a brand new coil filled with this.

The plan is to spend the next couple of hours playing with settings to get the best flavour out of this liquid. Once I am happy with that, I will then add a nicotine salt shot to take it to 6mg and see what difference that makes.

Tomorrow I shall spend a couple of hours playing with the flavour that the 6mg creates and see what settings are best for that.

(Am thinking about getting another identical bottle of liquid and using a clean coil again try an normal(not salt) NIC shot in that, just to see what difference that makes)

When the next bottle of custard arrives, I shall then use those same settings to give be a direct comparison. I can play with those settings over the next few days.

That should get me to a base point.

Now some of you will be wondering by all this fuss? (They will be the non pipe smokers!)

I guess part of that is not only trying to recreate my past vaping experience, bit it is also part of being a pipe smoker.

Because of the way pipe tobacco burns and flavours the bowl of the pipe, a bad choice can mean the replacement of the bowl and stem.

Because of the way the flavour of the wood develops, you are looking at a process that will take years to get right.

As I typically pay up to £130 for a pipe stem, that is not something I want to do often.
I used to pay even more to have a Peterson bowl modified to how I wanted...

For my pipe, it HAD to be, and only could be Petersons Irish Whiskey. I would only use Swann Vestas matches, never a lighter, and if I did not have the right brand of matches, I would not light my pipe.

The flavour of different matches not only changed the flavour of that specific bowl of tobacco, but again would change the flavour of that bowl forever. Again leading to the potential loss of a few hundred pounds for a new bowl.

But even a new bowl takes time to absorb the oils and carbon, so it still takes months to get back to a state of normality.....

I hope you do not find this boring, but it partially so you will understand some of the reasons for the way I am approaching this.

Over the years, I have never found an eliquid that is the same as what Petersons Irish Whiskey provides. So I do not use tobacco flavours.

I like vaping custard.

I do not want to try different things, because what I am after is that same feeling of picking up my pipe. I never thought about what the tobacco was, as it was always the same. I now need to find that one thing that does not change as far as possible.

Also the mouthpiece also absorbs flavours. So I do not want to be changing flavours as far as possible.

Why am I so obsessive? Well, I still have pipes that I have owned for 30 years, and they are still developing. They flavour differences are so subtle, that there is no way of describing it, other than to use the same tobacco and bowl and matches and mouthpiece 20mins per smoke, only a maximum of 3 smokes in 24 hours from that pipe and a minimum of 12 hours drying in a stand every 24 hours for 30 years. (Even then i had favourites,)

As can be seen, pipesmoking is designed to satisfy OCD...

So I guess I am trying to say that pipe smoking is a very peculiar mind set, and not only develops over decades, but is typically passed on from a mentor.

It really is a strange mindset, and seeming more strange when I try to explain it.

I remember it was an old guy in the 1980s who taught me how to appreciate a pipe.
And the initial learning from care and appreciation took maybe a couple of years before I dared take the bold step of finding my own taste in tobacco. And I have smoked Petersons Irish Whiskey since the early 1980's

As far as ''drip tip', you would laugh if you could hear my chap saying "electronic what? Well I shall make it as your usual model and then I will see what it connects to..... Am sure I have never heard of electronic . .(mumble)"

Last edited:

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
This is the current kit, obviously the Elitar is the prime focus.

Happy with the format at present, although not so happy with the the fullness of flavour..... (Not burned or low, just not rich enough.. )

New coil in place the tank cleaned and filled with Crucial Vapours.....

Will give it some steeping time and see what happens

Attachments

• IMG_20190205_193233.jpg
    IMG_20190205_193233.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread