The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Competition builds

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasers' started by rodeo302, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rodeo302

rodeo302 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    Like the title says I'm looking at setting up one of my drippers for cloud contests the only rules are they have to be safe my mod is a mutant clone I have a 26650 tobh, an infinite clt, a helios, and a 454 big block. I appreciate any and all advice. Oh and for wire I have 30, 26, 24, .5x .1 flat wire.

2. MattyB1503

MattyB1503 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2012
    OC, CA
    What batteries do you have?

That is the all important question. If you're not thinking of the limitations of them, best not enter one at all.

3. rodeo302

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    I have the mnke 26650 I've been in a few but I never built the coils for them it was the workers at my local b&m.

4. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    How accurate is the ohm meter are you using

5. MattyB1503

MattyB1503 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2012
    OC, CA
    Not gonna win any cloud comps w/ mnke's. It is fun to play around tho.

Vape safe brotha.

6. rodeo302

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    My ohm meter goes 2 places to the right of the decimal(can't remember what that is off the top of my head) and mattyb1503 what batteries would you recommend then I can't find any sonys around otherwise id have them.

7. SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
    right of the deci you have tenth's then 100th's.

im not 100% im quite new to 26650 but i hear keeppower might be good but dont take my word for it, best to do some homework, they are also 5mm longer than efest & mnke sooo.....

8. rodeo302

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    Thanks the added length would be nice considering to get everything set right the top post screws are almost falling out.

9. eyerhere

eyerhere Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2013
    Warren Mi
    If the rules say your build must be safe, did they define a definition of safe?

10. rodeo302

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    At or below the pulse amp limit of the battery you are using but if you are pulsing your limited to a 3 second drag

11. eyerhere

eyerhere Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2013
    Warren Mi
    Who is putting it on?

12. rodeo302

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    It my local b&m I just want to set it up and perfect it before the comp gets announced so I am ready and another shop is considering having one every 2 weeks and I wanna show them you don't need a coil built to .01 to blow massive clouds

13. Kaezziel

Kaezziel Supreme Overlord of Everything Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2014
    Houston, TX, USA
    For info on the KeepPower 26650s you can check my blog post. rtdvapor carries the 50A ones... it is 50A pulse, 30A continuous... I posted the full spec sheet and the link to KeepPower in my blog post if anyone is interested in reading up on them. :)

14. wonkeypickle

wonkeypickle Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2013
    'murrikka
    one word: deep breathing exercises.

15. rodeo302

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    I can drip 24 mg is that good enough lol and kaezziel ill have to check that out I looked them up and saw the continuous amp limit already thanks

16. WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Wrap a sick 26g parallel and load it with 100% VG and win it all. Do a 3/4 wrap around a 2.5mm. Your atty and batty will make massive difference as well. Your coil, airhole and wick positioning will also affect your clouds. So get that setup in optimal position. Most super airy drippers should do the trick. Do the same build around a 2.5mm or a 3mm mandrel and see what that does. Try tilting the coils up. Use Rayon. I think shoulder wicks give the biggest clouds since there is so much air under the coil where all the vapor is spitting out. Don't pack the atty with wick---that's where people blow it. You need plenty of air with that 100%VG. At the very least, you will not embarrass yourself with a version of this setup. Don't take any vapor into your lungs. The cloud winners only do massive mouth pulls....Leave all the vapor in your mouth before you blow your clouds...The guy with the best setup and the most massive squirrel cheeks will win it. Good luck.

Edit: I would use the Helios...

17. DaPopeLP

DaPopeLP Senior Member

Sep 3, 2014
    United States
    use the 24 ga. Parallels, 4 or 5 wraps (i prefer 5) on a 1/8th bit. Even then, you are gonna be at a disadvantage to anyone running nichrome 22, 20 or 18ga. But the 24 should do OK if you practice your breathing and use straight VG.

18. SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
    sounds like some cheek strecthing is on the cards then :D Some good advice though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And they do 50A continuous?

19. Kaezziel

Kaezziel Supreme Overlord of Everything Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2014
    Houston, TX, USA
    No, they are 50A pulse... continuous is rated at 30A... here are the specs: Current draw is highlighted in red

Specs from KeepPower's website:
    1. Typical Capacity: 4200mAh (0.2C Discharge)
    2. Minimum Capacity: 4100mAh (0.2C Discharge)
    3. Nominal Voltage: 3.7V
    4. Standard Charge: CC/CV,1000mA, 4.20V
    5. Standard Charge Time: 2hours
    6. Maximum Charge: 6A
    7. Full Charged Voltage: 4.20V±0.05V, 50mA end-off current
    8. Discharge End-off Voltage: 2.50 V
    9. Max. Plus Discharge Current: 50.0A
    10. Max. Constant Discharge Current: 30.0A
    11. Initial Impedance: Max. 25mΩ
    12. Weight: Approx. 90.0±1.0g
    13. Dimension(D*H): Max.(D)26.20mm*(H)67.50mm
    14. Operating temperature