Completely New - Have a Few Questions - Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

starstx

Dec 8, 2010
Arlington, Tx
Ok ... I just locked on and started researching (about 4-5 hours) e-cigs. I am ready to purchase and try so I am hoping some more experienced people can help me out.

I live in Arlington, Tx and naturally the first thing I came across was njoy and they have an NPRO Duo 2n1 that is claiming a 3X larger cartridge etc. for $70-80 and I guess each cart has an atomizer which was a big problem in the past. Then I stumbled across this forum and it seems everyone likes the Joye 510 and eGo? and needed some help.

So does anyone vouge for the njoy NPro 2n1? I have read alot about Joye 510 and eGo. I don't quite understand the difference between cartridges, cartos?, and dripping or the differences between these 3 starter kits. The 2n1 is a 2 piece are the others a 3 piece and what is the difference? Where do you suggest purchasing for where I live?

Right now I just feel like it is informational overload and I need help getting started out for something that is worth the money and easy to use right now. If I could get some more basics, differences, and a little advice to go off of that would help.

Thanks

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
Skip the Njoy. A cartomizer is a cartridge and atomizer rolled into one. You can get cartomizers for the 510 and eGo. The eGo is just a bigger battery 510.

Cartridges go on top of atomizers to hold juice. IMO they're the worst way to vape.

Dripping is where you use an atomizer and just drip 2-3 drops directly on it and vape 10-12 good hits and drip gain. Sometimes it's easier and gives you a better hit. But sometimes using good cartomizers like the 510 boge soft tip low resistance carto's will get just as good or a better hit. Personally i like the carto's better than dripping. But dripping is really good in some scenarios and better for some liquids.

Last edited:

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
I can't give you advice on the Njoy, never owned one. I do love my Joye 510.. for it's versatility and overall fantastic functioning. I recommend you read more posts here.. And the model-specific forums (Model Specific Discussion).

A lot of kits will sell you the 3 piece model. Battery + atomizer + cartridge. You can buy cartomizers (cheap -- less than $2 each), which are disposable (refill and use them a couple times, maybe a couple weeks or months and throw away). Great for when you're on the go, and they hold more liquid than a standard cartridge. Easier to use, fill, and you can clean and re-use or just toss them. I love cartos for the simplicity and space-saving qualities.

I use the 3-piece system at home -- I replace the cartridge with a drip tip, which is essentially just a mouth piece with a hole that you can drip your e-juice through. Simple enough.

You might want to check out the videos Mistress Nomad made -- they are fantastic!! Read the stickies at the top of the newbie forums too. Good info there. :)

(MN's vids): http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-videos-newbies-particular-broke-newbies.html

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
First off, welcome to ECF! :) You are correct, 2 piece models come with a cartomizer, which is an atomizer wrapped in filler in a single tube, and a battery. The 3 piece is an atomizer, cartridge which holds the juice, and battery. Cartomizers are more of a disposable than the atomizer/cartridges. They were initially said to be one use, but many of us clean and reuse them. Atomizers, or attys, can last for months or even longer if they're well made and taken care of.

I really haven't seen anyone that's a big fan of the NJoy products. As you've seen though, there are many, many fans of the eGos and/or Rivas. The 510 is a smaller version of the eGo, same connection, less battery life.

The easiest way to learn everything you want to know in only a couple of areas is to check out http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/36180-wonderful-world-vaping-illustrated-guide-e-cigs-part-1-6-a.html and http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/120044-i-made-videos-newbies-particular-broke-newbies.html?highlight=video+newb both excellent resources.

Also, if you'll let us know your cigarette habit and what you're looking for in an e-cig, we'll know more about what type of equipment to steer you toward. Then you'll get a lot of recommendations for the eGo anyway. :p :laugh:

rogerdugans

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
A house in the US
Welcome and well done to ask here BEFORE buying, unlike me.

I have never used a 510, but I find myself recommending them anyway-
I don't think there is any e-cig model with parts that are used in different models and the upmarket "mod" devices.
More places seem to have 510 attys, carts (juice cartridges for a 3 piece unit) and cartomizers (for a 2 piece unit) and varying different batteries than any other model.

Many people seem to be completely satisfied with 510s, others move on to more powerful/fancier devices- and re-use the 510 parts they already have which saves them a few bucks.

For those reasons alone I think it is the best choice to start with.

Getting started with this stuff is confusing at first, but keep reading and watch some of of the videos (I'm another fan of MN's work) and pretty soon it will start making sense. :)

ETA- roxics makes a good point. I think she needs to get back to work, lol. ;)

starstx

Dec 8, 2010
Arlington, Tx
Thanks for all of the quick replies. All that Atty Carto Drip talk seems to make sense now and yes ... it does seem like everyone recommends toe eGo here lol. Well my background is I have smoked in the past for about 16 years ... I'm 32 now. The last couple of years I have had it down to an off and on thing. But I cheat. I have been using Snus for about a little over a year to keep me from heavily smoking. I have mainly been not smoking during the week but on the weekend I would get a pack or two. I tried to get off both, didn't work, back to smoking for 2 weeks ... felt like crap ... back on the Snus. Haven't smoked in 3 weeks but eat Snus like crazy!

The problem is I like smoking but I hate smelling and tasting like an ashtray, lungs hurt etc. I am still spending entirely too much money on Snus and smokes. So when I came across the FDA news today I started reading articles, watching videos, reading reviews and I would like to give it a shot. It looks economical compared to the other tobacco products I use now and so many smokers that tried it and liked it ... add-on you can use it inside your house for instance has got me interested. So all of that to tell you I am a long time smoker that smokes moderately (sometimes heavy) and hates all of the downside to those nasty tar-infested chemical sticks that are so hard to get off of.

I am going to go read the links and articles you linked to ... I get how it works so I most likely will start with a Cartomizer to start trying it out and go from there.

The big question I have is can someone recommend a reputable supplier to make my purchase in the US? I really don't like going to random sites and would like to use a place that people have been ordering from with good customer service, shipping etc.

Going to do some reading tonight and let you know what I go with. So far the 510 and the Rivas get a lot of nods for starters around here aside from the eGo.

humarock

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
MA
Go to Best Electronic Cigarettes - Freedom Smokes Inc. order the titanium Ego starter kit, put in the coupon: Codes are as follows:

Freedom - for hardware

New - for new custom ejuice

Liquid20 - for flavored and unflavored DIY nicotine
(may still have free shipping too), you won't be disappointed, if you want order the 900 battery as well for longer power....but like the longer atomizer so it will fill with a little more, I have the Ego Mega Cylinder and atty as well. Started with a 510 look alike but didn't like it...like the ego w/manual battery and wouldn't switch and Myfreedomsmokes has the best prices and OUTSTANDING customer service~! Chris is great and will help you with any questions you may have.

Welcome to a great new world! I love vaping MORE than I enjoyed smoking (40 years)! And for juices, you can try Ms. T's Bakery, she has some great juices, but THAT is all personal preference, you'll have fun testing different vendors....

Much success!

Last edited:

joeright

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
NJ- USA
I haven't used a Joye 510 / eGo but from what I've learned since, I wish I had started with that (been vaping 2-3 months) I agree with roxics, cartridges just don't work well. Dripping is a little bit of a nuisance sometimes but flavor and vapor are much better and more consistant. I'm currently dripping a 901, manual batt with a LR atomiser (which are great). I know you're not supposed to use Low Resistance on batteries this small because it kills 'em early but I'm getting the juice-fed Reo as soon as it's available again. Good luck startx, it's SO much better than real cigs when you finally find the setup and juice that works for you.

beentheredonethat

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2010
Texas
Welcome to ECF and hats off for getting some advice before spending any money. I don't know anything about the models you mention, I started with a simple 510 kit from cignot and never looked back. The standard starter kit comes with fairly small "standard" 510 batteries that when combined with atomizer and cartridge are about the same size as an analog. Having smoked for over 30 years I found the "normal" size to be helpful at first. My first few days I swear I had a silly grin plastered on my face as I couldn't believe that getting off analogs could be this easy. I moved up to bigger eGo batteries now but I still like the size and feel of the "standard" 510. So far I am content carrying around a small sample size bottle in my pocket and either topping off a 510 cart or dripping. In my limited experience the difference in topping off a cart and dripping is that a drip tip just give you a much more unrestricted airflow path so it pulls differently than a cart with a small 1/6" hole.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Starstx all suppliers posting here on ECF are vetted by the board owners/moderators and reliable. Some have their own sub-forums, and some list in the general E-Cigarette Suppliers sub-forum. Personally I tend to agree with those suggesting Liberty Flights. I own a set of their Rivas (eGo-alike) and can attest to their excellent prices, product, and customer service.

starstx

Dec 8, 2010
Arlington, Tx
Hey all,

Thanks for the advice so I wanted to come back and give an update. I went ahead with Joye 510 to get started from Cignot which was a really good price. I figure this would be good to get started. I received mine today so I started getting it charged and will start using tomorrow.

Thanks for posting the videos which are a big help getting started. I ordered the small sample sizes (6.5ml) of e-liquid from Cignot too. I didn't realize most of them were the BASIC line which is mostly VG so I will have to try out the PG too. Seems PG is better for throat hit and VG good for vapor so I will have to try out.

I checked out the Liberty Flights web site which is very informative and well done. The prices were more expensive than Cignot but I like the look and detailed information on the descriptions.

So there ya go ... I ordered some pre-filled cartos to try out as well. Got the drip tips to give that a try and will try the straight cartridges as well and see how I like it.

I think from watching the videos I got how to refill, clean etc. The only other thing I am wondering is if those Boge soft cap empty cartos will work with the Joye 510? Anybody know?

Once again thanks to all ... going to start out with Joye 510 and may check out the eGo or Rivas down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread