The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Concentrate nicotine question

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by MrCloudMaker, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MrCloudMaker

MrCloudMaker Full Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Paphos, Cyprus
    quick question I bought some concentrated nicotine vape wild 100mg in a100ml bottle it states it is highlyconcentrated and should not be vaped directly etc. But wouldn't 100mg/100ml not be the same as 10mg in a10ml?

I was vaping 36mg pre made juice wouldn't that be 3+ times stronger? Or have I missed something?

2. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    You've missed something.

Strengths are measured "per ml". So your 36mg e-liquid would be 36mg per ml. The DIY base you purchased is 100mg per ml which should not be vaped "as is".

• Like Like x 3
  3. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Your 36mg/ml juice is approximately 1/3 as strong as the 100mg/ml nicotine. So yes, the 100mg/ml would be close to 3 times stronger.

100mg/ml nicotine is meant to be used in DIY juice mixing. If you were to use the 100mg/ml nic solution to make 10ml of ejuice you would add 3.6ml of 100mg/ml nic to a 10ml bottle containing the PG/VG and flavorings to make a 10ml bottle of flavored juice at 36mg/ml.

100mg/ml nic can be dangerous if you spill it on your skin and don't wash it off immediately. It probably won't kill you, but it would absorb and give you a nic OD. It's a 10% solution compared to pure nicotine. Pure 1000mg/ml nicotine can kill you in a matter of minutes if a drop gets on your skin. 100mg/ml or 10% nic is nothing to play around with and certainly not something you want to vape without cutting it down to your normal nic level in a juice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrCloudMaker

MrCloudMaker Full Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Paphos, Cyprus
    Thanks I got it now, :) it is the things just under your nose that are the hardest to work out

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.