Concept: Clip Coil Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technocrat

Dec 12, 2008
I've seen a lot a threads about rebuilding atomizers around here because so many brands seem to die in less than a month. Anyway, I came up with this concept so that you can buy 10 metres of NiCr wire and never have to buy another atty again.

Red - Outer Shell
Blue - Resin/High-Temp Epoxy/Glaze (High Temp Non-Conductor)
Grey - Electric Terminals
Orange - Metal Clips
Black - Coil

It shouldn't take longer than 2 minutes to wind a new coil, pop out the onld one, and pop in the new one.

To be completely solder free the wires on the underside of the electric terminals should be attached with crimps, (small) screw posts, or clips like on the top.

I don't know if it can be done so small but a better design would be a pseudo hinge on one side of the clip so that only one side has to snap, and you won't accidentally lose a clip. ;)

Last edited:

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I've seen a lot a threads about rebuilding atomizers around here because so many brands seem to die in less than a month. Anyway, I came up with this concept so that you can buy 10 metres of NiCr wire and never have to buy another atty again.

Red - Outer Shell
Blue - Resin/High-Temp Epoxy/Glaze (High Temp Non-Conductor)
Grey - Electric Terminals
Orange - Metal Clips
Black - Coil

It shouldn't take longer than 2 minutes to wind a new coil, pop out the onld one, and pop in the new one.

---

Hmm it changed my pic from an animated gif to a JPEG? Any ideas how to fix this?

To be completely solder free the wires on the underside of the electric terminals should be attached with crimps, (small) screw posts, or clips like on the top.

I don't know if it can be done so small but a better design would be a pseudo hinge on one side of the clip so that only one side has to snap, and you won't accidentally lose a clip. ;)

Winding tiny coils isn't easy. or connecting them electrically. but probably the biggest problem is the reassembly of all the nickel foam parts etc.

A completely different arrangement could make easilt changeable coils possible - but you'd need to figure out a juice flow method!

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
You can't see the pic. It's supposed to be an animated GIF, but the server converted it to a JPEG. It's really simple and based on things I've seen my metal working friend do all the time (although not so small).

Any ideas how to make it an animated GIF?, otherwise I have to resubmit it as a 6 pane illustration.

Animated gifs always a PITA to post, and probably not possible in the forum.
How about a link to where it is hosted?
Or a video? :D

---

HighTech

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
USA
Any ideas how to make it an animated GIF?, otherwise I have to resubmit it as a 6 pane illustration.

I believe you have to be a supporting member to post animated gifs, at least in your signature you do. Click that link at the top of the page "Support ECF" and it should tell you...

Edit: I believe you can only use animated gifs in your signature if you're a supporting member. Do not see anything about regular attachments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread