Condensed Milk Flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2013
Richardson, Texas, USA
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to know that, has anyone had experience with Flavour Art Condensed Milk. I use one, only made three batches of 100ml liquid with it and it is hideous. So too is Flavour West Sweet Cream. But the condensed milk takes the cake. I normally make 3 mg liquids and get add about 2% of condensed milk. But it just ruins all the taste. Both the flavours are PG based.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I use that flavor (sparingly) with black tea and jasmine tea (which is slightly bitter and the condensed milk offsets it.

I actually find it gets this lovely sweet/bitter not too sweet blend but I also use it sparingly.

I don't know of too many people using it ATM. At almost all concentrations it tastes like condensed milk, so you have to find something to make it work.

It's not something I would routinely vape alone, no, but it has its uses.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't think it would go well with fruits? Maybe a tiny bit with some of the melons, like honeydew or Acai berry or whatever, dragon fruit? I could see it being okay. Or, awful.

What percentage are you using? Because with the above I would be leery of going above 0.5% even if you flavor high. Condensed milk IS overpowering that is what it is.

I don't think you get MY point, which is that the cloying sweetness is best DEALT with via some bitter. They balance each other out.

Unless you ADORE condensed milk or something, I would set it aside for now. I really don't think you have the experience to deal with it yet, and I do NOT mean that in a mean way-- my tea is not bitter OR sweet, it's da bomb, because it has the right flavors, in the right balance, to make an interesting mix.

I really don't know what to tell you other than to stick to some easier recipes. I just got done with two, which are some of my go to shake and vapes, and one has a bit of marshmallow and a tiny bit of vanilla cream but it's mostly just all the berries I have ,and it's shake and vape, and great.

Anan

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I use and love what it does to caramel, makes it taste more like homemade caramel. I use 1 drop per 10ml. It's VERY potent stuff. Can't imagine 2%, that does sound like it would be awful.
If you just want a nice cream, FA Vienna or INW Vanilla Cream are both very nice. Use at low % also, I wouldn't go over 2%.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Try boiling a can of real condensed milk for a couple hours and it will turn into this very delicious, creamy, and not sticky caramel.

My mom used to do it as a kid, and she taught us the trick,. It really is very good.

2% isn't terrible with the teas (IMHO) but they are certainly bitter without. I could see it improving caramel flavor, certainly.

As far as some of the more subtle flavors you'd have to use less but how much IDK? I really haven't tried it in much but my tea mix which I found rather heavenly right out of the gate.

Guess I got lucky :)
Anna

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2013
Richardson, Texas, USA
I can gulp a can of condensed milk. Loved it as a kid, something from Nestle. Forgot the name! Okay, next batch with 0.5%! I thought 2% was low! :p

But would the flavour be noticeable at that percentage? The total flavour is around 12-13%.

Man, I should have posted this before making my last batch! :mad:

• Optimistic

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Might try TFA dulce de leche, I get a touch of condensed milk vibe from it.

Try boiling a can of real condensed milk for a couple hours and it will turn into this very delicious, creamy, and not sticky caramel.

My mom used to do it as a kid, and she taught us the trick,. It really is very good.

2% isn't terrible with the teas (IMHO) but they are certainly bitter without. I could see it improving caramel flavor, certainly.

As far as some of the more subtle flavors you'd have to use less but how much IDK? I really haven't tried it in much but my tea mix which I found rather heavenly right out of the gate.

Guess I got lucky :)
Anna

That's exactly what dulce de leche is, by the way.

Good luck and enjoy! :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You should really taste it just fine, even at 13% which is a bit on the high side.

Condensed milk is one of the stronger flavors out there if you ask me. IDK if it's just super concentrated, or like, super noticeable.

Start LOW. It's not like you can't add more if you find it to be too LOW. The reverse is considerably more difficult.
Anna

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2013
Richardson, Texas, USA
One thing i noticed in the past 2-3 months, is that, cow stuff (milk, cream, butter etc) need some steep time to fully bloom. So if i add while I am using the batch, would that be of any use? Mind you, I am only 700 ml into liquid making journey! So very much in my diapers with all of this. I have to build up a collection of flavors etc etc!

• Optimistic

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I'm not a big fan of condensed milk but it does bring back a good childhood memory. My mother made a version of cinnamon toast in the oven. She mixed CM with butter, sugar and cinnamon and spread it on the bread (I think she slightly toasted it first so it wouldn't be soggy) It caramelized and became a whole new experience compare to the ususal way to make it. Yummmmy!
Warning: let it cool a bit before eating.

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2013
Richardson, Texas, USA
I'm not a big fan of condensed milk but it does bring back a good childhood memory. My mother made a version of cinnamon toast in the oven. She mixed CM with butter, sugar and cinnamon and spread it on the bread (I think she slightly toasted it first so it wouldn't be soggy) It caramelized and became a whole new experience compare to the ususal way to make it. Yummmmy!
Warning: let it cool a bit before eating.

This doesn't cut it, need the full recipe, Alton Brown style!!

Boudica

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Auckland. New Zealand
I can gulp a can of condensed milk. Loved it as a kid, something from Nestle. Forgot the name! Okay, next batch with 0.5%! I thought 2% was low! :p

But would the flavour be noticeable at that percentage? The total flavour is around 12-13%.

Man, I should have posted this before making my last batch! :mad:

OMG I could live on it! And yes it's still made by Nestle.
I also remember as a kid nearly cutting my tongue off by licking the opened lid of the can when mum wasn't looking LOL.

I use it all the time as the filling for my lemon meringue pies, mixed with half a cup of lemon juice....yummy. I might get the flavouring and try it with one of my lemon flavours ...:thumbs:
Good luck and cheers.
:thumb:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sounds a bit sickeningly sweet. And that is coming from ME the queen of sweetness (not just my tastes.... but my personality I think:lol::lol::lol::lol:)

But really, you'd need the crunch sensation from the toast to make it work, I don't know if that is doable.

I invite you to prove me wrong and post your recipe, though. I'd give it a shot, but you are the only person who knows how "authentic' you could get it.

Anna

Reactions: smacuser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread