Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Cub, I have a 901 cone and it fits over Smoktech cartos, but it's really short; about 1/2" shorter than the regular cone, so it really doesn't cover much--besides, the Smoktech cartos are a bit longer than Boge 510s. Don't know about the T-Rex cones, though... Only Ty would know for sure.

You can always try to mod your existing cone--sand off ~1/8" of the narrow end (I used #220 sand paper).

cubfanthad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
Rock Island IL
Cub, I have a 901 cone and it fits over Smoktech cartos, but it's really short; about 1/2" shorter than the regular cone, so it really doesn't cover much--besides, the Smoktech cartos are a bit longer than Boge 510s. Don't know about the T-Rex cones, though... Only Ty would know for sure.

You can always try to mod your existing cone--sand off ~1/8" of the narrow end (I used #220 sand paper).

I think Ill give that a try, thanks

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Just out of curiosity...I've been using my Riva from LF for about 4 months now, and never bother to put the cone on it. Does the cone serve a function other than just cosmetic? Thx

It tightens the draw a bit and possibly makes the vapor warmer. If you prefer tighter draw, the cone is your friend. I hardly ever bother.

Keener

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
West Virginia
I'm currently working the SmokTech Dual Coil cartos on the T-Rex and I can confirm the T-Rex cone works fine with them. Even on my 901, I always put the cone on first and then screw the carto in, because it seems on either one that doing this in reverse can do a bit of a rub on the carto body. Which is nothing big, and I'm sure is just the most slight lining issue with threading. Just became common practice for me, and a suggestion.

The draw is tight and warm, just slightly noticeable w/o the cone. Aesthetically, I like it better with the cone.

On a side note, tried both the Boge cartos and SmokTech Dual Coil cartos on both the Riva 901 (via adapter) & T-Rex 510, tried both with each others' cones, and it all works fine. But if you're going for looks, the T-Rex cone looks better with the big dual coils and the 901 seemed to look better with the Boges.

Hope this helps a bit! PS - Lovin' both the Riva 901 & T-Rex. They're both beasts.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Thanks Keener. Good observations.

I use the 901 cone with the shorter cartos (boge 2.0's). I don't like the longer 510 cones, as i tend to hold the carto in my teeth at times.

the 901 cone will allow for more air flow than the trex, while the rex cone allows for slightly more airflow than the riva and ego 510 cones.

ty

tranced

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
Grand Blanc, Michigan
For me (a 901 user) the cone is an essential part of the vaping setup. I'm a messy dripper and sometimes overdrip into the attie - the cone seems to hold that extra juice from making a mess until I realize I need to wipe and keeps my hands from getting juicy. Now if only lib flights would sell those new fangled tank gizmo thingie for 901s so I could switch from dripping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread