Confused & Frustrated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseGurl

Apr 7, 2015
Michigan
Hi everyone, I've been vaping since last year in combination with smoking. I quit smoking cigs 6 months ago and doing good. Anyway I've been buying cheap IJOY ecigs and batteries, cartomizers and they have lasted a long time but the last few months have been a complete nightmare!!!

First off, I'm an all day vape type person, I use a cheap 650? battery and a clear plastic cartomizer, normally all IJOY brands (cheap) I buy my juice from Madtownvape and only vape Cinn danish or cinn anything vape

Every battery I have purchased has "died" within a day or so (lots of $$ down the drain)

All my Cartomizers start to have a "burning taste" after a day

If I try other brand of Cartomizers they don't produce enough smoke

Where they heck do I get a good quality, longer lasting kit that is not super expensive? I know nothing about batteries, carts or anything, I don't understand vape lingo whatsoever!

Why are all the products I get all seem defective? This vaping thing gets more complicated as I go on with it, starting to want to quit vaping, spending more money then I did buying a pack of smokes!

What is the burning smell? If the coils are bad why do they go bad so fast? I just bought a new cart yesterday and it's burning already and tastes terrible :(

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Hello and welcome to ecf.
For Cinnamon type liquids you'd be well advised to move on to a glass topper unit.
Evod glass clearomizer or a nautilus mini might be 2 worth looking into.
If your batteries are rechargeable take them back for a refund, my last ego battery lasted 2 years.

You will need to invest in more research before you just go and drop more cash.

If there is a "decent" vape shop in your area go in and tell them your issues.
"If" they are knowledgeable you should be able to get set-up with something decent for 70$ or so.

Good luck, Cheers.

Edit. if they are automatic batteries if liquid gets in it'll kill them quick.
Grab a battery where you have to push a button to fire it. They are sealed better.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi everyone, I've been vaping since last year in combination with smoking. I quit smoking cigs 6 months ago and doing good. Anyway I've been buying cheap IJOY ecigs and batteries, cartomizers and they have lasted a long time but the last few months have been a complete nightmare!!!

First off, I'm an all day vape type person, I use a cheap 650? battery and a clear plastic cartomizer, normally all IJOY brands (cheap) I buy my juice from Madtownvape and only vape Cinn danish or cinn anything vape

Every battery I have purchased has "died" within a day or so (lots of $$ down the drain)

All my Cartomizers start to have a "burning taste" after a day

If I try other brand of Cartomizers they don't produce enough smoke

Where they heck do I get a good quality, longer lasting kit that is not super expensive? I know nothing about batteries, carts or anything, I don't understand vape lingo whatsoever!

Why are all the products I get all seem defective? This vaping thing gets more complicated as I go on with it, starting to want to quit vaping, spending more money then I did buying a pack of smokes!

What is the burning smell? If the coils are bad why do they go bad so fast? I just bought a new cart yesterday and it's burning already and tastes terrible :(

1: Where have you been buying the IJOY stuff?

2: So have they been lasting a long time, then only in the last few months they stopped lasting a long time?

maybe your charger isn't working.

Hannypoo

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2015
Idaho
Are you priming your coil before vaping? You need to suck on the tank's tip several times before firing the coil. This will ensure that an adequate amount of juice is pulled in and covering the wick to keep it from scorching. It's also a good idea to do this periodically while vaping, as well as tipping your tank upside-down from time to time, if it's a top-coil tank. The use of dark, sweet juices also gunks up coils pretty quickly, and you'll get a burnt flavor. I have a tiramisu flavor that is absolute hell on my coils. I have to replace or rewick the coil a couple times before the tank is even empty.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Gurl, go to youtube and search on ego starter kits. Watch some vids. Also search on evod glassomizer and watch. Cheap way to start. Evod starter kits are available for $15. You will also learn the care and feeding of your vaping equipment on youtube. Lots of knowledge on here but vids are quicker and see to work better for most.

An evod glass tank with a single coil would probably be your least troublesome tank with you using cinamon juice.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Unisex Heated Rider Sports Vest-Black | Blazewear USA The linkee is
mislabeled, it's for the $26 EVOD starter kit , 2 units, from VapeSuperSaver.

This is what I'm using and this one is $13 cheaper before shipping than my set. 2 full setups for $26? Good luck beating that.

One fully charged battery last me almost all day.It only takes about an hour to charge.

No ciggies in 5 days now and haven't even wanted one.

Vape on!

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Last edited:

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I see people here complaining about expensive stuff breaking all the time. Yet the first time something disposably-priced fails, it's "don't buy cheap". If something's expensive, then it HAS to be good or you were ripped. If something's cheap, sometime it's surprisingly good, sometimes not. Some of the cheap stuff never works right, but if you can pick out good advice from bad that can be avoided. Some of the cheap stuff needs tweaking, but by the time one gets more experience and upgrades, usually that needs tweaking too but it's no longer a problem. The big expensive devices do put out a lot more vapor, but if you're just starting out you don't need that, may never need that, and those devices are nothing special when setup for small vapor.

The other day I was powering my dripper (at 1.2 ohms) from my myfreedomsmokes.com $10 EVOD set battery, it's 10 months old and hit the same as my mech. It didn't even get warm. I did have some issues when I tried to go cheap with a B&M shop though -- even though it cost twice as much, it wasn't as good.

Mrbr00ks

Sep 18, 2012
    Under The Dome
    I see people here complaining about expensive stuff breaking all the time. Yet the first time something disposably-priced fails, it's "don't buy cheap". If something's expensive, then it HAS to be good or you were ripped. If something's cheap, sometime it's surprisingly good, sometimes not. Some of the cheap stuff never works right, but if you can pick out good advice from bad that can be avoided. Some of the cheap stuff needs tweaking, but by the time one gets more experience and upgrades, usually that needs tweaking too but it's no longer a problem. The big expensive devices do put out a lot more vapor, but if you're just starting out you don't need that, may never need that, and those devices are nothing special when setup for small vapor.

The other day I was powering my dripper (at 1.2 ohms) from my myfreedomsmokes.com $10 EVOD set battery, it's 10 months old and hit the same as my mech. It didn't even get warm. I did have some issues when I tried to go cheap with a B&M shop though -- even though it cost twice as much, it wasn't as good.

yes cheap stuff might be good , however usually it breaks pretty fast . There is no need to buy only high end stuff but minimal quality vs price should be considered

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2014
    I've never used cartomizers, but the aspire nautilus mini, is a glass clearomizer with replaceable coils its a fairly easy to work with inexpensive tank to use. with cinnamons you really want to use glass since the cinnamon can really mess up the plastic tank. the battery should be lasting you a fairly long time if its not holding a charge you may want to consider an istick 30w as a replacement. it has long battery life, easy to charge and the variable wattage along with power capabilities could last you a good long while before it needing to be replaced.

I would say stop wasting your money go with Istick 30w or 50w. I say 30w is a little better because I have noticed the 50w seems to drop as I vape where the 30w is more consistant. Kanger subtanks are nice you can get the 1.2 or .5 coils you can rebuild those coils or build your own depends what you like. vapesupersaver.com and myvaperstore.com are 2 places I can think of with great pricing. Good luck to you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread