confused newb with 901 ??'s

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i got lured in to vaping by a mall kiosk like many other members on here. After marathon vaping while reading these threads I decided to get a couple of dse901's as it seems everyone tells the newbs to get one. So anyways I bought one from James at thesmokesafe.com and i was really happy with it (still am).

After reading post after post of dying atomizers and batteries I figured i might as well stock up on a some stuff. So I went to thesmokesafe and James was out of stock so I looked around and decided to go with a couple of totally wicked batteries and another atomizer.

the 901 I got from thesmokesafe draws pretty easily and has a nice throat hit to it but the one I got from totally wicked doesn't seem to use the same carts and the draw is really hard. It came with a dummy mouthpeice and I figured oh well i will drip for a few days while I wait for some carts to arrive. But even dripping on this thing I get no throat hit and it doesn't respond at all like my other 901.

Does totally wicked sell the RN4075 or is it really a branded dse901? Im a little confused. 901 atomizer seems to fit on the TW battery and work, but the vapor sucks on it so far. Do I need to break it in or what? Im a little confused. :confused:

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
I believe they are RN4075. I got my atomizer replacement from there today. Facing the back end of the atomizer, if you compare it to another, the connector is far more narrow compared to my official DSE901 I got from Electronicstix, which his descriptions even state, official 901's. You get 2 batteries, and two atomizers with the kit. Essentially, 2 for the cost of one. Anyhow, that's besides the point, you know it's official if it has SLB stamped in both the atomizer and battery connector and serial numbers.

I too have the same problem...but not with the cartridge. It's the replacement atomizer. It turned my hard hitting 901 to a light cig.

the draw on the dse is easier but more vapor from the RN

I am getting very little vapor and no throat hit from the RN I figured the batteries came pre-charged but i didn't get a kit I just bought some batteries and an atomizer. I should have just got the kit so I could charge more than 1 battery at a time. I have a super mini that is an rn4081 and that puts out more vapor than my dse901 but has no throat hit. Well im going to give these batteries the 8 hour precharge I should have done initially. Im beginning to wonder how much that really matters. I guess we will find out when I charge these things up and top off the cart.

So I charged up the batteries and im still getting little if any vapor from this TW atomizer. Ive tried fresh prefilled cartridges swapping out the batteries for my 901 battery. The batteries that came with the TW work ok on my dse901 atomizer but dont seem to produce as much vapor as the ones that have "slb" engraved on the battery. At any rate it doesn't seem to matter which battery I put on the TW atomizer it gives little if any vapor. Any ideas or suggestions before I pack it up and send it back?

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
So I charged up the batteries and im still getting little if any vapor from this TW atomizer. Ive tried fresh prefilled cartridges swapping out the batteries for my 901 battery. The batteries that came with the TW work ok on my dse901 atomizer but dont seem to produce as much vapor as the ones that have "slb" engraved on the battery. At any rate it doesn't seem to matter which battery I put on the TW atomizer it gives little if any vapor. Any ideas or suggestions before I pack it up and send it back?
Have you tried to put a couple drops on to the atomizers bridge? If it still doesn't work...send that crap back. I used my atomizer from TW constantly today and it appears to be getting better after dripping fluid directly on the mesh a few times. So, if the atomizer is not getting hot enough to produce sufficiant vape, there's not much more you can do.

Have you tried to put a couple drops on to the atomizers bridge? If it still doesn't work...send that crap back. I used my atomizer from TW constantly today and it appears to be getting better after dripping fluid directly on the mesh a few times. So, if the atomizer is not getting hot enough to produce sufficiant vape, there's not much more you can do.

Yeah I tried that to no avail. I sent the atomizer back today actually after trying a lot of things. It just sucks because i had to pay to ship it back. And now ive gotta wait for it to get all the way there and for them to send a replacement all the way back to me. If I get another dud im going to demand they give me some free stuff for the money ive spent on shipping. :-x

my vaporstore.com sells the real 901 parts and kit. It took my 901 a little over a day to really start producing good throat hit

ive got a real 901 as well, but the real 901 doesn't come in the cool brushed steel look. I actually called TW and asked them if the mini that they sell is a real 901 or if its a 4075 and they said it was a real 901. A lot of people have said the 4075 produces more vapor anyways, hopefully the replacement atomizer they send me actually works. I am actually kind of liking the way this brushed steel battery looks on my 901b atomizer. I thought it would look kinda ghetto but its not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread