Confused Roughstack newbie... No response from Madvapes customer service, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevenchan

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
Tokyo
Hello all! I contacted madvapes customer service twice but have received no response, so I'm hoping someone here can help with my problem.

I purchased a Roughstack, a Shorty extension, and two types of 510 cartomizers. But none of the pieces fit together. The extension doesn't screw onto the Roughstack. The cartomizers don't screw onto anything. I can't attach my regular 510 atomizers to the Roughstack, either.

Should I be demanding a refund? Did I fail to purchase a key part / connector? Or am I missing something obvious? :blush: Please help!

Sevenchan

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
Tokyo
Almost sounds like you received a 901/808 RoughStack...

901/808 Maxi Roughstack V2

If a standard 510 cartomizer will not fit properly, then something is really amiss. Give MadVapes a chance to answer this thread. They will get you fixed up.

A few minutes after I posted this question, customer service answered my support request. Coincidence?! :laugh:

Anyway, that picture of the 901/808 looks exactly like what I have! That's very helpful JimmyJet. I told them so, too. I will update this thread when I have further information.

Phayah

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
US
I've contacted CS many times. It seems to take anywhere from 1 min to 24 hours for a response, but usually no longer. =D

It does sound like your Roughstack may have a different type or defective connecter. I purchased a box mod a long time ago (not from Madvapes) and nothing would fit. I sent it back to the guy who made it and it was a 510 connecter but it turned out to be defective.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Can somebody post the email for support please? I have a small issue, but I'm getting no response from sales<at> madvapes <dot> com. And I opened a ticket on their site. Not even sure if this is what the tickets or for.

Or, who on this forum is a madvapes person that I can PM?

I've heard such great things about their CS. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong trying to communicate with them.

Sevenchan

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
Tokyo
Pizza2me: Did you ever get a response to the ticket? I got one but it did take a while (about 3 days).

Just to update on my issue: It turned out that I had been mistakenly sent a 901 cap, as Jimmyjet guessed. So they sent me a 510 replacement cap. Good for Madvapes!

They also sent a mailing label so I could return the other cap. That turned out to come in handy because... even with the 510 cap, the Roughstack wouldn't work. Everything fits together, but no vapor. Tried different batteries, atomizers. Zilch. So I'm just giving up on this mod, with no hard feelings. It happens!

My new question therefore: I now have these 4.5 volt Nimh batteries and charger, but no mod to use them in. I know this is the Madvapes forum, so I apologize if this is out of line, but can anyone suggest another mod that takes these batteries -- preferably an affordable one? Thanks!

JimmyJ

Jan 9, 2010
South GA
If you have not sent it back try this. Disassemble and remove the switch, go very slowly and look from the bottom and see f the wire to the atty connector is disconnected. I thought I had bad switch on brand new RS I got about a month ago. MV sent me a new switch, but what was really happening is that the connector for the wire that goes to the atty connector was not wide enough and when the switch is pushed up in to place the wire pops off that connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread