Conjuring some discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Happen to be looking around this morning a bit & come across the VOOPOO Conjure rda. Something that stood out to me is listed below.

2.5MM INNER CHAMBER

For an rda which is born for an overwhelming flavor, Conjure’s 2.5mm tiny chamber allows both top and bottom juice injection.

Doesn't appear there's any discussion of this RDA here at ECF. I'm not saying there expressly needs to be discussion of all things vaping, nor saying there doesn't need to be. I'm saying that I'm not adverse to kicking off some discussion from time to time of vaping products, techniques. :) I think open conversation can be helpful to a few that might be looking for products, new methods and so on.

That 2.5 mm inner chamber seems awfully tiny in my perception. I though build coils that usually run 3 to 3.5 mm inner diameter. Think a coil around 1.5 to 2 mm inner diameter coils would be needed on the Conjure's build deck. Others might see different ways they could build on this particular RDA.

Well, let's see if anyone has different ideas and cares to share. I've not tried this RDA but as someone that window shops a good bit, I can appreciate views on products. Simply because I'm window shopping doesn't imply I'll buy any stated product, or won't buy it. Customer do that. :) We look stuff over.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Looks like they measured the 2.5mm at the base of where the coil sets. With it spreading out as it goes up, I'm sure it will hold a larger coil than 2.5mm.

The design looks kind of counter productive though. It does have a tight space at the base, but it opens up a lot as it goes up, which may not be the best design for a max flavor atty.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Looks like a nice dripper, sucks that it is only available in that crappy kit with built in battery. I have no idea what dimension they are saying is only 2.5mm. The whole thing is a 24mm diameter so relatively large for a single coil dripper. The area between the air inlets looks larger than 2.5 mm.

Reactions: stols001

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
The design looks kind of counter productive though. It does have a tight space at the base, but it opens up a lot as it goes up, which may not be the best design for a max flavor atty.

Not sure I can agree with that line of thought. Been setting here looking over a Wasp & Gorge. To me at least, it seems that is kind of what they both do. Both also then do provide flavor, well if you can consider the subtle sweetness of unflavored max vg juice as flavor. :) Not going to say you're wrong or right, not saying I am either. *chuckles*

I think ultimately, somebody might need to buy one of these to try it out. I would hope you could build a bigger coil on one. I just put a 7 wrap NiChrome 80 3.5 ID fused Clapton on the Wasp 28*2 awg 30 awg. That normally runs me around 0.50 ohm. I got a meter and it reads it at that although if I jiggle it a little it reads it at about 0.30 too. *lol* Seems I keep going through meters.

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Not sure I can agree with that line of thought. Been setting here looking over a Wasp & Gorge. To me at least, it seems that is kind of what they both do. Both also then do provide flavor, well if you can consider the subtle sweetness of unflavored max vg juice as flavor. :) Not going to say you're wrong or right, not saying I am either. *chuckles*

I think ultimately, somebody might need to buy one of these to try it out. I would hope you could build a bigger coil on one. I just put a 7 wrap NiChrome 80 3.5 ID fused Clapton on the Wasp 28*2 awg 30 awg. That normally runs me around 0.50 ohm. I got a meter and it reads it at that although if I jiggle it a little it reads it at about 0.30 too. *lol* Seems I keep going through meters.
I burn through meters quickly too, now i just use cheaper mods as they seem to last longer.

The wasp and gorge both use walls that surround the coil on all 3 sides, the conjure seems to be more open than they are. But without a side by side picture of something I know the dimensions of, I can't say for sure how open it is. It just looks like it from the photos in the link. I can say that the coil is too high for my liking. Since I only squonk, I don't like RDAs that require long tails on the wicks. It is easier to get dry hits since you have to wait for the juice to flow up to the coil between hits.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Since I only squonk, I don't like RDAs that require long tails on the wicks. It is easier to get dry hits since you have to wait for the juice to flow up to the coil between hits.

Yeah, I get that as well. I have to admit though I do like a little bit of tail on my wick. Then again, I like folks having a little tail on them too. *chuckles* But yes, I understand your point in relation to squonking & coils being too high. Maybe I wick a bit different so as to avoid dry hits from higher coils. Figured out the cascading bit for using rayon, somewhat apply it to cotton as well. Let the wick thin down, become tiny tree roots that suck up juice easily. All in I bet it's from me being nucking futs.Seems that never fails being an excuse people hold against me. ;) :) :p

• Agree
Reactions: Zaryk

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Yeah, I get that as well. I have to admit though I do like a little bit of tail on my wick. Then again, I like folks having a little tail on them too. *chuckles* But yes, I understand your point in relation to squonking & coils being too high. Maybe I wick a bit different so as to avoid dry hits from higher coils. Figured out the cascading bit for using rayon, somewhat apply it to cotton as well. Let the wick thin down, become tiny tree roots that suck up juice easily. All in I bet it's from me being nucking futs.Seems that never fails being an excuse people hold against me. ;) :) :p

I use the cascading technique with my rayon as well, in some atties. Some of the tiny single coil atties i like a short bushy tails (starting to sound like a whole new conversation now, lol). But this RDA has that raised platform, and two deep wells, and the tails just seem like they are unnecessarily long. Looks like a good dripper atty though.

Reactions: MyMagicMist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread