Connecticut- Here We Go Again!- Proposed bill wants to remove all flavors, subject e-cigs to same laws as cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
The link to proposed bill : AN ACT REGULATING ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES.

What it wants to do in Connecticut?

That the general statutes be amended to require :
(1) electronic cigarettes to be
(A) defined as a tobacco product,
(B) subject to the same smoke-free laws as cigarettes, as defined in section 4-28h,
(C) subject to the same marketing restrictions as cigarettes,
(D) flavorless,
(E) subject to standards for contaminants and strict quality control of manufacturing,
(F) carry labels disclosing the materials used in the electronic cigarettes and the sources of such materials, and
(G) carry warning labels on the health consequences of inhaling its contents, similar to those warnings required with regard to cigarettes,

and

2) the Department of Public Health to adopt regulations to implement the requirements with regard to electronic cigarettes.

22 Representatives and Senators have introduced this bill.

CASAA should be rolling out a Call to Action soon with contact information lists. If you would like to contact the Public Health Committee members sooner, here is a link to all member's e-mail : http://www.cga.ct.gov/ph/2015-2017 PHC Membership.pdf

Last edited:

Rlrick

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2014
Carl Junction,Mo
I just sent this to all committee members.
To whom it may concern you all need to re-evaluate your thinking on ends products or vaping. I was a heavy smoker for 48 years have had 2 heart attacks because of smoking. I tried all the proposed NRT products which did not work. On December 10, 2013 I had my second heart attack and my last cigarette. I have been smoke free for over a year because of vaping. I have had good reports from my Heart Doctor. And for your information I will not go back to smoking tobacco. This BS you and the FDA along with CDC, WHO and all the other antz liers and fear mongers spreading and misleading the public when you should be protecting peoples health. Cigarettes continue to kill millions of smokers every year yet you continue to allow them to be sold on the market and continue to try and ban the one product that can eliminate smoking within the next 10 years. In my opinion you all are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites trying to protect the tobacco companies and their products along with big pharmaceutical And all the lost revenues, MSA tobacco settlement, the so called sin taxes. These political games you people are playing are doing nothing but allowing more smokers to die each and every year. You all should be praising vaping products instead of trying to take them off the market.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
I just sent this to all committee members.
To whom it may concern you all need to re-evaluate your thinking on ends products or vaping. I was a heavy smoker for 48 years have had 2 heart attacks because of smoking. I tried all the proposed NRT products which did not work. On December 10, 2013 I had my second heart attack and my last cigarette. I have been smoke free for over a year because of Vaping. I have had good reports from my Heart Doctor. And for your information I will not go back to smoking tobacco. This BS you and the FDA along with CDC, WHO and all the other antz liers and fear mongers spreading and misleading the public when you should be protecting peoples health. Cigarettes continue to kill millions of smokers every year yet you continue to allow them to be sold on the market and continue to try and ban the one product that can eliminate smoking within the next 10 years. In my opinion you all are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites trying to protect the tobacco companies and their products along with big pharmaceutical And all the lost revenues, MSA tobacco settlement, the so called sin taxes. These political games you people are playing are doing nothing but allowing more smokers to die each and every year. You all should be praising vaping products instead of trying to take them off the market.

Bolder man than I! (Well I'm a lady...)

I'm not sure how I'll be constructing my letter as of yet. I am planning on handing in testimony. Public speaking, while I've done it, makes me a bit nervous but I may like to be there at least to show solidarity to the cause.

I like your points, I think you make good points, but I would suggest if you decide to give testimony to make sure it's "Professional". Your testimony which you give on proposed bills is public record. I do think the supporters of this bill are atrociously misinformed, probubly led by fringe groups, fear-mongered themselves, maybe simply ANTZ orientated. Insulting people however, is not the way to get them to listen to you. As much as we'd all like to insult them at times and tell them they're idiots. I feel you there. I really, really do.

Lisa Belle

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Sylvania, OH
www.lisabelle-artist.com
Okay tell the stonewall, that it's a beautiful seascape. No, we can keep thinking we will get inroads to the good king and he will pardon us..... it's at the point in my opionion that the truth is readily available and that these politicans are aware of the corruption they engage in. I will not bow down with kindness because it isn't connecting the dots. The dots are already connected and it's a lock down on vaping, their state level thievery is unstoppable with reasoning. I am ready for the next chapter. Million Vaper March, several worldwide. We already know that they know they are lying! :vapor:

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
I will not bow down with kindness because it isn't connecting the dots. The dots are already connected and it's a lock down on vaping, their state level thievery is unstoppable with reasoning.:

I've been to and testified at these types of things. Believe it or not, if enough actual people show up and testify with facts and science surrounding the issue, it can and has defeated these bills. You don't have to act like their best friend or "bow down" to them. Professionalism however, is expected at the hearings.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I've been to and testified at these types of things. Believe it or not, if enough actual people show up and testify with facts and science surrounding the issue, it can and has defeated these bills. You don't have to act like their best friend or "bow down" to them. Professionalism however, is expected at the hearings.

In many (not all) of 'these type of things' pro-vaping advocates are not invited or prevented from making presentations. But yeah, where that is not the case, those in the area should participate. Many times 'professionalism' means not disagreeing with the Anti's views.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
In many (not all) of 'these type of things' pro-vaping advocates are not invited or prevented from making presentations. But yeah, where that is not the case, those in the area should participate. Many times 'professionalism' means not disagreeing with the Anti's views.

I can't speak for everywhere, I just know in Connecticut we have the right to a live public forum on proposed bills. Those for and against are potentially expected because that's what our legislative hearings are for, to hear both sides.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I can't speak for everywhere, I just know in Connecticut we have the right to a live public forum on proposed bills. Those for and against are potentially expected because that's what our legislative hearings are for, to hear both sides.

Re: the bold... that's why I added 'not all' :)

Good for Connecticut. It's just that I've seen others - Bill G., CASAA members, etc. say where they've been restricted from testifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread