Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0xity

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Northern California
problem: general inconsistencies in hitting with minis
using: KR808D-1 manual batteries (VOLT and V4L), bloog-style MF cartos

seems like after a month or so, a freshly charged battery with a fresh cartomizer and fresh juice just doesn't hit like it used to when it was new. maybe it's just me getting used to the experience? i'm not sure. i'm just tired of the inconsistency.

looking to solve that. big battery mod? this will be my last endeavor in vaping. tired of looking for new stuff to replace stuff that's not working or not meeting my needs anymore.

wanted: a mod that can use an 808 cartomizer since i have about 40 something blanks left.
i'm just not a fan of using an atty for some reason. never had one and it seems like an unnecessary evil/cost.

any recommendations? i'm open to using an atty if there's a good enough reason for it but the bloog-style cartos do seem to be the end-all for the atomizer/cartridge aspect - for me, anyway. your help is always appreciated...

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
If you want to get use of your cartos you can get a 510 to 808 adapter at Goodprophets.com for $1.49 + shipping. Now that you can use them with 510 style connections, you can start looking at all the 510 pv possibilities. That will let you also try a variety of 510 cartos while still using your 808's.

I moved to dual coil cartos which give me a lot more flavor and vapor with a light draw. You might want to get an inexpensive eGo clone, like the Riva from Liberty Flights, which provides higher voltage than a standard eGo adn what you've been using. It's not much bigger than a mini and might be an easier transition.

It's worth it to keep experimenting a bit - don't give up, just adjust! I got bored with a menthol I loved and vaped constantly for a couple months, so I added more flavors and carto varieties to keep it working for me. I did start using an atomizer for dripping flavors at home at night just to keep it interesting. Dripping into an atomizer lets you sample flavors and switch back and forth easily.

As for a mod, do you want something small or big, cheap or expensive? Some of these things look like appliances or personal massagers lol! I ended up getting an inexpensive box mod and just got a Roughstack tube mod, which I use at home or for dripping. I use the bigger mods at home for the most part and can have a couple flavors running to keep it interesting.

I don't know how long you've been vaping but we all hit the wall sometime and need to change things up a little.

Don't let all those blank cartos lock you down - you can always sell them or swap them here on ECF if you want to change things.

Good luck in your hunt and keep vapin'!

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...vv-army-tank-variable-volt-bottom-feeder.html

Variable Voltage
Bottomfeeder
Switching Regulator (big battery life increase)
No Amp Cutoff (for dual Coils)
Small and light enough to hang from a lanyard.
Thumbwheel voltage adjust

P7040002.jpg

Every feature anyone would want in a mod and more.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I have to agree with others. What the heck are you still doing using minis? That lasted maybe a week for me.

Sort of depends on what you're willing to spend. Here's what I'm hearing. You're satisfied with you're 808 carto juice delivery system. So, I'm going to say that bottom feeding isn't a priority. Your complaint actually sounds like an issue with the batteries falling off after several charges. Minis will do that more than big bats. Something like a roughstack with an 808 adapter would be an improvement. However, I'm going to say to try a VV. What a lot of people don't realize is that VVs are regulated. That means that even if you don't kick up the voltage, you're going to get a more consistent power supply. Madvapes has one that works pretty well for $35 but, I can't see it holding up long term. Take a look at notcigs buzz pro, if you can spend the money.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
If you're ready to treat yourself, perhaps a Notcigs Buzz Pro 3.5 - 5.5V regulated variable voltage, with 808 fitting? That's what I'm using now, with cartos -- really solid product, good run time. In a couple weeks they'll have an Infinity Pro, also avilable with 808 or 901 fitting -- I have their original Infinity, another rock solid VV, though on it I use a 901/808 shorty adapter. Either device will give you consistent voltage right to the end, and you can adjust it easily, simple single wheel to turn, at any time.
Talking around $160 for the BP with a couple sets of batts and charger, or about $120 for the IP with batts and charger. I get 6 ml, full day of use, from either of them, on 1 set of batts. They have a standard coupon code, ECF Buzzkill.
(If you go with the Buzz Pro, I recommend using the Powerizer batteries, they are what I'm using.)

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
The only mod I've heard of that handles consistency is the Darwin. It uses what is called Variable Watts -- you set it where you want & it maintains that level for the life of the carto/atty. And, the supplier has adapters for 808, I believe.

No battery fatigue with this mod. It is pricey -- but if you add up the costs of several of the mods shown here, charger (or 2) & 3 or 4 good batteries........not so pricey anymore. 2 year warranty on unit.

It's not cute---but it sure has it's benefits.

And, please don't quit vaping because of battery fatigue. Just switching up to any one of the ego styles might just be the ticket! The ego's or riva's are pretty nice looking units & part of my collection.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
A variable voltage regulated mod will maintain constant voltage. Granted, a given carto can change resistance over time, however if it becomes noticeable one would just adjust the voltage up or down, to a new regulated value.
A new BP with 2 sets of batteries, or Infinity with two sets, runs $80 - $120 less than a Darwin. (The Darwin is indeed also a nice mod, but the numbers are what they are.)

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Since I like my e-power, naturally I'm going to recommend it. I also recommend sticking with the 14650 model. It's regulated and provides a consistent performance up until it starts blinking at you. There's plenty of different cartos on the market to tailor to your juices but the only way to determine what works best for you is still trial and error, unfortunately. I don't know of any way to escape a certain amount of "fiddly". Wish I did.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
You will find that you have the same problem with any device. The solution is to have two PV's with contrasting flavors in them.

The problem is inside your mouth, not inside whatever device you are using.

??? This sounds like some kind of Jedi mind trick to me. :)

Btw, that doesn't look like a mini you're using in your avatar. You have to know that there's a very big difference between a 3.2V mini and an HV device. C'mon now. I don't have the problem that the OP describes and I've been using the same VV device with the same flavor juice since December. I only vape my home made Double Chocolate Caramel.

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
+5 on the Buzz Pro:) I have an original Buzz and that's why I have a Buzz Pro. It's an awesome pv, batt life is rediculous and the vendor, Mike @ Notcigs stands behind his mods:vapor: I've been around this forum over 2 yrs and have tried quite a few mods. If I could have only 1 mod, it would be a Buzz Pro:) Waiting on my 3rd notcigs product to be made, a Buzz Woody Pro :vapor: I'm drooling here Mist:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread