VOLT Batteries / Need a Mod Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0xity

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Northern California
Seems like I'm due for a mod. I don't know much about them and the one that aesthetically appeals to me the most is the GLV2. I'm going on a camping trip next weekend and I want to be sure I'm ready to vape if the need arises, which inevitably it will. My issue with my current and only PV (VOLT from SmokelessImage) is that it seems harder to get a good draw out of it than my previous PV (V4L). It's almost like every draw's like sucking a milkshake out of a straw. It takes more effort than it should - maybe it's just me?

My question: I have a bunch of 808 cartos left that I want to use (from Bloog - the MaxxFusion Horizontal coils) on a mod like, say, the GLV2. I notice the GLV2 has different threading: 510, 801, 901 - which would be suitable for these cartomizers? Also, is it worth getting a low voltage GLV2 just for these cartos since they're optimal at 3.7v or would I be short-changing myself?

I just want a mod that has a solid, consistent vape with throat hit and vapor production. So tired of trial and error.

Your help is always appreciated. Thanks!

CloudCuckooMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2011
Nashville
www.reverbnation.com
Yeah you could just get an adapter to finish off all your 808 cartos then just start buying 510's. If you are like me and don't like the idea spending hundreds on a mod Steve at Foxy Box Mods has a whole variable volt box mod package for under 60 bucks with batteries and charger and everything. I just got mine it's fan freakin tastic.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The Volt cartos are 808 threading, as are the Bloog. I've tried the Volt cartos on my 510 mods with an adapter and they are outstanding units, (Bloog are the exact same carto, same Chinese manufacturer). They can take a little jiggling with the adapters to get the draw the way you like it, has to be enough air flow to the vents on the bottom. I've found that hard draw mostly due to a dirty / used up carto (after about 5-6 refills) haven't tried cleaning yet....:)

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
With the Volt, you have to take a light and longer draw for you to get the right amount of vapor from it. But, it's always good to have a mod for a better experience. The VOLT only gets used when I'm out and about but rarely an all day pv for me.

As for your question. You can use an adapter like someone mentioned earlier. Volt cartos are 2.8-3ohms and so it can be used with higher voltages with no issues at all.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
If by chance you do get a 510 connection on a mod, I believe you could always acquire an 808 to 510 adapter to use all of those cartos you have left over ;)

I switched from an 808 to 510 set up.... The adapter needed is the opposite you need a 510-901/808... If going this route make sure the adapter has the air-holes on the thread like on you batts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread