Considering ordering here...quick question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KongsRevenge

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2010
Alabama
Hi there. I'm a fairly new vaper (been at it about 4 months) and I've never ordered from V4L before.

I've heard some great things about this company on other boards here at ECF. I especially paid attention to the couple of stories I read about V4L standing behind their products and making sure customers issues were resolved completely.

My question is this: Does the Vapor King out-perform other KR808 batteries? I ask because I've got half a dozen KR808 batteries from 3 or 4 different suppliers, and I've noticed pretty significant differences in performance from battery to battery, despite each battery receiving the same care and cleaning. Some of my batteries last much longer than others, some have much smoother draws than others, some produce more vapor than others, etc.

So given all that, does the Vapor King manage to put all the best qualities together? I'd especially like to hear from people who have used the Vapor King as well as other KR808 batteries from other sources. I really want to try this company out because I keep hearing good things...just want to make sure I'm paying for more than a really awesome color selection :)

Thanks in advance!

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I haven't used batteries from anyone else in a long time but I can tell you this... they are constantly working to improve their product and since starting here over a year ago, they have continued to amaze me with better batts, better cartos, better flavors, and just a better vape all round. So yeah, this is the only place for me and you are getting much more then just a really awesome color selection! ;)

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
I can say the cut off time has increased on the V4L Kr8 batteries, where my stock Kanger batteries still cut off after 5 seconds. I am a deep vaper, so that was important to me.

Glad you are doing some research and asking questions....you'll make a much better purchase by asking whatever comes to mind.

KongsRevenge

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2010
Alabama
Bornagainst: I'm a deep vaper like you, so I feel you on the cutoff thing. I've found that some of my batteries have cutoff times, some don't. Since they all appear identical (and like I said, I've gotten them from a few different sources) I've never been able to predict which ones will have them and which ones won't.

And Jen- good to hear that you are so happy with yours!

I'd love to hear from some others who can compare the Vapor King against KR808 batteries bought elsewhere. I am mainly looking for a consistently high-quality vape. Battery life is a concern, but most of my batteries perform fairly well in that respect. On thing that I've noticed that bugs me with my current KR808 batteries is that some have better "draw" and vapor production than others. It seems like the airflow holes around the battery threading are smaller in the batteries that have the harder draws.

Strangely, I've had worse luck from my manual batteries than I have from my Automatic ones, which seems to be contrary to the norm here. I like the idea of a a manual battery better, but of the three I've had, one had a hard draw right out of the box, and the other two were great at first, but the battery life degraded to unacceptable levels within a month or so. Now, on one of my manual batteries I get less than 30 minutes of vaping off of a full charge.

Anyway, that's more of a topic for the Technical Issues forum :) I'm more interested in the all-around performance of the Vapor King.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I do remember that a while back V4L did some playing with the hole sizes to improve air flow. All I know is when I first started with V4L, Steve said "It is going to get better" and everytime I think it is as good as it can possibly get, he pulls another rabbit out of his hat and makes it better still. Don't know how he does it, but he does. :)

KongsRevenge

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2010
Alabama
The Vapor Kings are better then my standard KR's by a long shot. I just picked up my normal sized one, and it sucks.

Exactly what I was hoping to hear! I'll be ordering a Vapor King XL here in the next couple of weeks. I've heard a lot of good things about this supplier, so I'm looking forward to giving them a shot!

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
I have a love/hate relationship with some of the batteries, but they are pretty quick to fix issues.

For example:

Love shortie autos. Dislike shortie manuals.
Love Regular Manuals, Dislike Regular autos.
XL's are both great performers, just too long for me aesthetically.

My dislike is simply due to airflow, not performance.

samsmom

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
I have an offbrand KR808 manual that has a tricky button - you have to hold it just right to get it to work - and then it doesn't always work! There is some kind of short in the battery button and it's too much of a hassle to even use it anymore! I LOVE my V4L 808's - never had a problem with them - works every time I push the button! I definitely think the V4L's are better batteries and like others have already said - you can't beat their customer service and their great sales!

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
I've never used anyone elses batteries but have been buying V4L's for the last 17 months, so I've gone through all the styles, changes and improvements. I don't like shorties simply because they don't last long enough. The regular size are great, especially for pre-filled cartos, which don't last as long as ones I've filled myself. I'll get 5 hrs battery time on them. XL's are by far my favorite, because they last me almost 8 hours, with pretty constant vaping. I will admit, that some batteries are "better" than others and it has to do with draw. I don't know why, but no matter how tightly the carto is screwed on, some of my batteries seem to have air leakage, which forces me to take a much harder draw to activate and keep them activated, while others are perfect. The "lifetime" has been pretty incredible for me. I have some batteries that are over a year old and still work and hold charge fine. Now, granted, I don't use them much anymore, as they have the old 5 sec cut off, but still!

CANCHASER

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
LAKE WALES
I have 2 batteries from v4l and 2 from another place. one of the ones i bought from the other place will get stuck on for some reason. I have not had any problems with the v4l batteries at all. I will say I did have an issue with cartos from v4l and they were wonderful. Replaced them without any hesitation, they have awsome customer service and I will be a lifelonger customer because of it. I do have a question for others though. When it comes to the draw of the battery, I prefer it be a little harder because it seems more like an analog and I'm still trying to give those up completely, I don't like it to seem like im taking a puff off of a straw.

KongsRevenge

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2010
Alabama
Got my order a few days ago. The Vapor King XL is the best battery I have ever had, and it's not even a close race. I've tried 7 batteries from 4 suppliers prior to this and it's heads-and-shoulders above the rest.

Jury's still out on the WOW cartos. Some things I like about them- they seem to hold a good bit more liquid than my Gold Labels, despite the Gold Labels being a tiny bit longer. They have a nice, even draw. Then again, some things I'm not as crazy about- vapor production seems a good bit lower than the GL's when tested with the same liquid on the same battery. Throat hit is a tiny bit less, too. So I'm not 100% sold on them just yet...that being said, they are still quite nice and I took advantage of the Free Shipping sale to order another XL battery and another pack of the cartos. Going to see if they grow on me :)
Very happy though with this supplier... they were quick to answer my questions before I ordered, and quick to process and ship my order. I will definitely be buying from them frequently in the future!

that1spazticchik

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
California
I have limited vaping experience, as I've only had two models, but I can tell you this- the Vapor King batteries are SUPERB...my two regular autos last for about two days without me having to charge them. I smoke them throughout the day regularly. They perform great! The flavors V4L offers are so good. There are always discounts and promotions going on, which is great. The customer service is fantastic. Shipping is SUPER quick. What more can a buyer ask for? Oh, and the batteries and cases come in a multitude of colors...never thought I'd get to vape out of a pink battery with a pink LED, but V4L made me a happy gal! :)

KongsRevenge

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2010
Alabama
Oh...do all the LEDs match the battery color? Most of my old batteries had blue LEDs, so I didn't think anything of it when my Vapor King did as well...but then again, my VK is blue :)

My wife isn't a vapor (nor a smoker), but she LOVES pink. If I bought her a Pink VK that lit up pink...hmmmm.....yeah. She'd totally go for it. Of course, that means I'd be sharing all my juice with her. Ok, on second thought...she can never, ever know.

It would be really awesome if there were a way to be able to custom-order a VK in a "Battery Color/LED Color" combination. I'd go broke buying batteries if that ever happened. Black battery w/purple LED just because it looks awesome; I would have to resist the urge to call it a pimpstick...Crimson body with White LED for Saturdays (or Friday, this week)...Ok, I need to stop thinking about this!

Or I suppose I could just figure out how to put a different colored LED on it myself...Yeah, that's a good idea. I'm so clumsy my wife bought me safety scissors. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler and a flat surface. I once had a bull exit a china shop, see me coming down the street, and say "damn, that is a clumsy .......!". Ok, so I don't actually speak cow, but I'm fairly sure that was what he said.

Ok, so probably no DIY E-Cig pimping for me. (Woah- used the word "pimp" twice in one day- last time that happened, I was in like 6th grade.) I'd buy a bedazzler, but that would lead to an entirely different conversation with my wife.

Ok, early morning insane rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread