considering Prodigy purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingenieur

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
I'm a moderate vaper, been using a couple of workhorse 901 batteries & attys for the last 18 months or so. I think it's time for an upgrade! The eGo looks great & is widely available at the right price, however I really want a USA-made kit; I genuinely want to avoid buying Chinese products due to the dismal conditions of human & animal rights in China, plus the issues regarding product safety & the trade deficit.

So maybe I'll splurge & get a 3.7V Prodigy fitted for the 510 attys. Anybody have any insights or suggestions for this mod n00b? Should I hold off for a little while, wait for a sale? Or is there an updated version or new product on the way, worth waiting for? I'm not in the habit of collecting gear; I'd like to get that one, great piece that'll take care of me for the foreseeable future. Any & all help is appreciated! Much obliged.

-Matt

ingenieur

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Thanks, why cartos & not an atty? I started vaping with a KR808D-1 & the cartos were the pits. I went to a 901 atty & direct dripping & never looked back. Are cartos any better these days? I'm quite used to going around with a battery, atty, & a small bottle; getting back into refilling cartos seems daunting.

Just have to say, it will be a sad day when I retire my 901 atty. I lucked upon the finest champ of a 901 atty ever assembled. I've used it for like 18 months or something, real talk. And it's still going strong!

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
First of all, to your original question about whether to get a V3: A resounding yes. I couldn't imagine ever parting with mine. I've had it well over a year and am not even tempted by any other device. Everyone seems to be jumping on the variable voltage or box mod bandwagon (Provari, et al). But they're not for me. I'm perfectly content with my V3. One of the biggest reasons (besides its great looks and dependability): its durability. It's all mechanical, so there are no internal circuits or parts to ever die on you. With a little bit of care, which means just cleaning out the switch assembly every other month or so, it should pretty much last a lifetime. I had a friend ask me if I would ever consider selling mine. I had a mild panic attack at just the very thought. That should show you how much I love mine.

To your 2nd question about cartomizers: The Boges that Cash recommended are worlds better than the 808 cartos. I was never a cartomizer fan until the Boges came along. Now, they're all I use when I'm on the go. When I'm home, I drip into a 510 or 306 at 6v. But on the go, I use LR Boges @ 3.7v. It's a great combination.

Edit: Meant to add that if you're happy with dripping into standard 901 atties at 3.7v, you're going to be just as happy (if not more so) dripping into either a standard 510 or 306 at 3.7v. So if you're still not convinced about the Boge cartos (but, really, give one a try), don't sweat it. Just enjoy dripping. :)

Last edited:

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I've got a prodigy v3.1 & I use it at 3.7V, I tried it at 6V & it was just too much for me.
I'll say a definite YES to this as a first mod, or a mod to have in anyone's collection. This mod is a workhorse. I swear! I've dropped mine in a sink full of water, pulled it out, let it dry, & it still worked. I take it to Galveston Beach with me, & it gets sand all over it, & still works. Excellent choice for a first mod! It looks nice, fits well anywhere you stash it, & fires every time. The Prodigy v3.1 is the 2nd mod I ever purchased & I don't regret it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread