Considering Return to Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

anomoly

Sep 8, 2013
Alberta
Hey all,

I used to vape around the 2009/2010 timeframe, and kinda went back to analogs. I am getting sick of smoking, and with winter coming here in Canada, I am thinking this would be a good time to switch back to vaping.

So, since then, it appears that A) The market has matured a lot, lots of new products and vendors; and B) It looks like it's pretty darn hard to get eliquid with nicotine in it in Canada now.

I used to buy from Pure Vape US, who stopped selling to Canada, then electronic-cigz...who now seem to be mainly out of inventory. I remember using the M600 series, but it seems like they don't make attys for them anymore. Things sure have changed, there are now many different x-omizers, tanks, batteries and such.

Anyhow, I'd like a cigarette sized one to use at work, and maybe something a little bigger to use at home. It looks like joyetech is the way to go from what I have been reading over the past day or so, and the 510 and eGo series seem to be the way to go. With lots on the market, and having no idea about the reliability and quality if the various products out there, along with the dependability of the various new vendors out there...can anyone make any other recommendations?

There also seems to be a huge variety of liquids available now, and would like to stick with a product that uses high grade ingredients, have great tasting flavours (and selection), without gunking up the components too much. Like others, a good throat hit and nice vapour clouds are desired. I know in Canada nicotine is hard to get, but I think every liquid maker makes a zero nic variety. What are some of the brands I should look into (preferably brands that make liquid with and without nic).

Anyhow, looking forward to vaping again, but would like some advice direction since it seems everything has changed, thanks!

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
I like my 510t for the cigalike size. The attys are a bit pricey but seem to hold up well as long as you clean when they first show signs of needing it and dont wait til they are to gunked up. The thicker the juice the more often they will need a short soak and rinse.

Battery life is... let's just say size matters. Access to charging is a must.

I got lamblasted for my opinion on taste but 3 or 4 good hits and then let the atty cool a bit and mine is fine. My apple tastes like apple, key lime like key lime and lt tobacco like lt tobacco. It's not a fog machine so it stands to reason a lighter hit will have lighter flavor.

I'm a new vaper only 3 weeks in so I don't have much to compare it to, BUT I do know it's worked well enough to keep me from touching an analog since I walked out of the store with it 3 1/2 weeks ago. 37 years at a pack a day and nothing else I've tried has worked. I am getting something a bit bigger for at home, and my lil one will be for out and about.

Last edited:

anomoly

Sep 8, 2013
Alberta
Ya, I remembered if they got too gunked up they would just burn out...well, the coils seemed to snap as well. I will definitely want to get a good stock of attys on rotation, because I remember they took a good while to dry out after cleaning.

I was thinking the same thing for the 510 series, something a little more discreet, and a bigger one at home for an overall better experience.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello and welcome back. Yes, the ecig industry has and is growing in leaps and bounds. Maybe if we knew how much of an analog smoker you are, that might help with suggestions.

there is also a forum for the country- Canada, which you can post in after you have 5 post here and wait about an hour for the server to play catch up. Just scroll down the main page of the forum and you will find all the countries listed. We have a good many Canadians on ecf and everyone is always so helpful..

good luck
:)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Welcome to ECF anomaly from another Canuk. You'll find that it's no problem getting nic juice here. When you have another post in and the system clears that through go to the Canada forum, go into the first sticky thread at the top and ask for the list.

I think you'll be very happy with the new stuff on the market these days. I've heard it's so much better than it was a few years back.

anomoly

Sep 8, 2013
Alberta
Oh nice, hopefully someone will help me out there, thank you Ryedan!

So, for the eGo series, the City series seems pretty good, looks like a different more robust atomizer scheme.

What's with the clearomizers, those ones that seem to hold a crap load of liquid...do they last forever or something, or do they wear out over time like the other types?

I am a little bummed they don't make 600 series atomizerss anymore, I have a few batteries that I am sure still work, and probably 100 refillable carts...just need atomizers lol. What well, time to try today's products!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You're welcome!

I don't know the City series eGo. Clearos are good, but are generally said to mute flavor a bit. They also get gunked up quickly, so need a clean and dry burn avery few tank fulls. If you keep doing that they can last for a long time. There are a lot of different varieties. A lot of them now have replaceable heads with the coil in them. I have a Vivi Nova head that has over 60 ml of juice through it.

If you mean the DSE601 attys, they are out there, but 510 is pretty much the standard now. If yours are 3 to 4 years old I would toss them and start fresh. I suspect the technology in them would be so bad you won't want them once you've used the new stuff.

Also, be careful with those old batteries. Li-ion do not store well for that length of time. They can become volatile if miss-handled. Don't know if they can be dangerous when they get too old or just stop holding a charge. I do know if the voltage goes below 2.5 they are toast.

SharonH

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
Ontario, Canada & California
Welcome from another Canadian. There are a lot of Canadian vendors that sell e-nic. Many do not show juice with nic until you create an account. Plus depending on where you are in AB, there are probably some B&M stores.

I'd suggest making sure to check out reviews before ordering from anywhere. Lots of questionable vendors.

I use canadaejuice.ca and have had fabulous service from there. There are some coupon codes floating around to save 10% on first order with them. Plus after you buy, you can get a free 6 ml juice for every review you leave. Reasonable shipping prices and free shipping if you order $100+. There are cheaper vendors but I only use 100% VG juice which limits my options.

If you can vape at your desk, I'd suggest getting a couple of egos. I started with 650 batteries and am sorry - made it harder to ditch analogs. Maybe some ego twists? I just ordered an iTaste MVP myself. Long battery life and pass through. Something like that may be a good solution for you if you go the ego route because you can probably use the same attys.

anomoly

Sep 8, 2013
Alberta
Clearomizers can hold 60ml? Holy crap! Though, I remember sometimes it was a pain to keep refilling the carts, but at the time there were really no other juice delivery systems...carts or direct drip. But yes, must be DSE...it's been a long time, I just know it was 600 series lol. Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the helpful info SharonH! I can probably get away with vaping at my desk at work...all depends on how much attention it will end up drawing. But the few in my area may not mind...but I always have my server room which is private, and I am always in there lol.
I placed an order with electrovapor.com and canvape.com, but I will try canadaejuice the next time...I'll probably spread the love a little with my purchases heheh.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Clearos are good, but are generally said to mute flavor a bit. They also get gunked up quickly, so need a clean and dry burn avery few tank fulls. If you keep doing that they can last for a long time. There are a lot of different varieties. A lot of them now have replaceable heads with the coil in them. I have a Vivi Nova head that has over 60 ml of juice through it.

Clearomizers can hold 60ml? Holy crap!

LOL, if you are referring to my words above in bold, it only holds 3 1/2 ml at a time, I just refilled and cleaned it multiple times :thumb:

anomoly

Sep 8, 2013
Alberta
Hahah, okay...I was going to say it's hard to tell exactly how big some of those things are...but 60ml really is a lava lamp Hahah. 3.5ml makes more sense!

Oh hey, I pulled out my old kit today to show my gf how ecigs work. The last time I went thru the kit (I have tonnes of Batts, attys, white loads of carts etc) it turned out only two batteries would still hold/release a charge, but none of my attys worked anymore. But today I discovered a brand new atomizer, sealed and all! Anyways, for the hell of it I put together a clean cartridge and fill it up with old 3 year old juice. Connected it to the battery and it fired up like new. The juice tasted a tad stale and drier, but still retained flavour and nicotine...good cloudage too! Anyways, vaping 3yo juice probably isn't good, but it'll be great when the new stuff arrives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread