Considering switching primarily to 0nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
I recently switched to carto tanks as my go to topper from clearo tanks. I was already a chain vaper, but I think the increased capacity has only exacerbated that by the fact I don't have to stop to refill as often. I only vape 6mg liquid so I know that makes it less likely for me to have ill effects, but my understanding is the first signs are headache, nausea, flushing but my dilemma is I have these systems on a very regular basis having nothing to do with nicotine.

So to err on the side of caution I'm thinking of switching to 0nic to use the majority of the time. I ordered 0mg once (cinnamon roll) and it just wasn't the same. Do certain types of flavors hold up better than others? Any other tips would be great.

dannyrl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Hillsboro, OR
Did the same after I started dripping. I used to vape all 6mg juices and now I'm down to 0. I do agree with you that the 0mg juices just aren't "the same." Try and ask the vendor you buy from if they can mix you 3mg juice or something. Or if you have a favorite juice, buy a bottle of it in 6mg and 0mg and mix them together.

Personally, my all day vape/to-go vape has nicotine and the rest of my juices are 0mg. So if I need my nic fix, I just drip a little of that until I'm satisfied and then I go back to my 0mg juices. Or since when I'm out of the house, I don't vape as often, I don't get nic sick as fast.

BCRich2204

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Texas
I recently switched to carto tanks as my go to topper from clearo tanks. I was already a chain vaper, but I think the increased capacity has only exacerbated that by the fact I don't have to stop to refill as often. I only vape 6mg liquid so I know that makes it less likely for me to have ill effects, but my understanding is the first signs are headache, nausea, flushing but my dilemma is I have these systems on a very regular basis having nothing to do with nicotine.

So to err on the side of caution I'm thinking of switching to 0nic to use the majority of the time. I ordered 0mg once (cinnamon roll) and it just wasn't the same. Do certain types of flavors hold up better than others? Any other tips would be great.

I've fallen into the chain vaping thing as well. I normally don't feel the side effects, but....

One of the things I enjoyed about smoking was the high I got from the first cigarette of the day. I was a fairly light smoker, 7 a day & the last one was before 7 pm, I didn't smoke until 6 the next morning, so my body normally goes 11 hours without any nicotine. That first smoke of the morning was fabulous.

I don't get that anymore, now that I'm always taking in nicotine.

I'm going to go ahead & order a bunch of 0 nic juice & vape that all day. Then once in a while grab a bit of nicotine Ejuice. I've got enough gear to do it, four batteries, three pro tanks, a drawer full of clearos...

Thanks for sharing & giving me this idea (I know I've probably read this same idea a hundred times on this forum, it just finally clicked).

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I've fallen into the chain vaping thing as well. I normally don't feel the side effects, but....

One of the things I enjoyed about smoking was the high I got from the first cigarette of the day. I was a fairly light smoker, 7 a day & the last one was before 7 pm, I didn't smoke until 6 the next morning, so my body normally goes 11 hours without any nicotine. That first smoke of the morning was fabulous.

I don't get that anymore, now that I'm always taking in nicotine.

I'm going to go ahead & order a bunch of 0 nic juice & vape that all day. Then once in a while grab a bit of nicotine Ejuice. I've got enough gear to do it, four batteries, three pro tanks, a drawer full of clearos...

Thanks for sharing & giving me this idea (I know I've probably read this same idea a hundred times on this forum, it just finally clicked).

I would be a little more cautious about that when it comes to "go ahead & order a bunch"... My normal vape is 24 mg. I ordered a few of my usual flavors at 0 mg to mix down the nic level. I tried several of those flavors at straight 0 mg and the flavors tasted radically different, to the point of being unrecognizable. Stick with some small sample sizes while sorting this out.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
BCRich I really hope that works out and makes vaping that much more satisfying, but agree with Rickajho. As I said in my original post I had tried a 0mg before because of a change insurance that hiked the price for smokers, which they took a blood sample looking for nicotine. It drastically changed the flavor of the liquid to my surprise. I ended up buying another bottle at 12mg to mix it to my standard 6mg

BCRich2204

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Texas
BCRich I really hope that works out and makes vaping that much more satisfying, but agree with Rickajho. As I said in my original post I had tried a 0mg before because of a change insurance that hiked the price for smokers, which they took a blood sample looking for nicotine. It drastically changed the flavor of the liquid to my surprise. I ended up buying another bottle at 12mg to mix it to my standard 6mg

It's all good.

Like I said, I'm not going to give up on the nicotine. I'm going to have one rig ready to go with 12mg/18mg nicotine. When I need a fix, I'm going to grab it & handle it up. But primarily, I'll be vaping on 0 nic throughout the day.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
all I can say is "good luck with that" lol. I vape 12mg and when I go down to 6, I cannot get it out of my mouth craving a base stimulation that I don't even recognize day to day, but that I quickly realize I need to function when I don't have it.

I think you hit the nail on the head. When the nic level of the eliquid is too low or 0, many vapers find that they are vaping way more than they ever did in the past and are not satisfied with their vaping.

SuperLamer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
California, USA
I'm planning on going down to 0mg in the next couple months. It's got to where the 6mg is actually clouding my mind a bit. I love to vape but I think I can do without the nic. Sounds like finding a flavor may be a new challenge to look forward to. I've vaped 0mg Mother's Milk and it was fine. I'm vaping Nicoticket flavors now and he doesn't offer 0mg so I may be posting soon to find a great 0mg juice line.

BCRich2204

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Texas
So since 8 am yesterday, I've been vaping mtbakervapor's Blue Ice at 0 mg of nicotine. & I feel fine.

I've got a 50/50 pg/vg mix, with no extra flavor shot & it tastes great. I was expecting more of a menthol bite as this is more minty than menthol. But it tastes fine, feels fine, vapes great. & I haven't felt any anxiety or jitters associated with nicotine withdrawal.

I've never used a 50/50 pg/vg mix before, but I believe this is the reason I'm able to get below a third of a tank on my Aspire ET-S without gurgling. I'm using it on my eFire battery.

I've got a Kanger Aero tank on my Ego-V fully loaded with a coffee/vanilla mix at 12 mg nicotine just in case I need a fix.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I've been vaping 0mg for months now. I also vape much less than I used to. I was a chain vaper for a good part of my first year off cigarettes. I started at 18mg, went down to 12 mg and stayed with that quite a while. Then to 6 mg for a while, then 0mg.
I didn't notice a huge flavor difference going 6 mg to 0 mg but it is a lighter vape. This lack of taste difference may be dependent on what flavors you like vaping tho.

I think they key thing - it was for me - was to just do it when I felt curious enough and ready to try 0mg. I kept some 6mg vape juice supplies for a back up option. Now I don't bother with nicotine back ups because the 0mg juice does the trick when I need it. I also vape flavourless quite a lot now.

My real point here is that is has been a process without pressure, just something I have experimented with when I felt ready to do so. I don't chain vape now, and that happened naturally too. The one place I feel I can't be without a vape is in the car when driving - I have a real connection in my head with driving and blowing out plumes. :)

Last edited:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I also have problems with being very sensitive to anything which can cause nausea and dizziness. I went to 0 for quite a while, but realized that I need some nic some of the time. My juices range between 0mg and 3mg, and when I do feel the nausea, I either back off or take a meclizine.

Some low nic vapers consider a step between 3 nic and 0 nic, but THAT is really splitting hairs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread