Tobacco tests and 0mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefbob

Feb 6, 2013
Dayton, Ohio
Hi all,
Please forgive me if this question seems silly. After a year or so of vaping 6mg, I've recently started using 0mg nic juice and my question is, if I am having a life insurance test should I be able to vape my 0mg juice without any nicotine or other substance indicating tobacco use? I've switched the T3 clearo head and emptied and washed the tank since switching to 0mg, so there shouldn't be any juice with nicotine still just hanging around. I have reduced the amount I vape significantly and had planned to not vape at all for a few days before the test, but my curiosity is getting the best of me.

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
0nic will not show up. However, I do not know how long it takes for it to clear your system. The test does not measure nicotine per se. It finds and measures a different chemical that your body produces due to nicotine. As a result, I think it has to be 0nic for a month or longer for the test to come back negative. I am not a doctor or in any way qualified so take that into consideration.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I think that if it is just a simple saliva test using a swab, you may be OK (but don't quote me on that). But it it's any other kind of test, you need to wait longer than a couple days. But to be honest with you, I don;t trust 0nic liquid. You have no idea if there is really 0% nic.

But would I would do is I would tell my agent that I have been smoke free for over a year but that I am still using Nic gum or nic lozenges. See what s/he says. It depends on whether or not the insurance company looks at these things as a "tobacco product" or not. Every company will define these products differently.

SteveI

ECF Veteran
    Oct 20, 2012
    NJ
    I totally forgot. It depends on the policies of the specific company. Some categorize vaping as smoking, while considering cigar non-smoking. Tests vary. Policies include, smoke free for 1 year to 3 years to qualify for the best rates in the forms.

Even if you claim vaping 0 nic for 3 years, I know of one that would still call that smoking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread