Consumer's Report report

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrammaCool

Feb 17, 2012
San Antonio
I just spent 20 minutes typing the report published in the May 2012 magazine when the ECF site went hay wired and lost it. Hopefully someone with more computer savvy than I have can post it as has some very interesting observations. Also some false information ("....Each cartridge equals roughly one pack of cigarettes").

Hope this can be posted so everyone can read it, but I'm too frustrated to try again.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Why? Why would you take anything consumer reports says seriously? They are o.k. (just o.k.) when the subject is mops and vacuum cleaners. For anything more complex, I have found that they have no clue. That includes vehicles, computers, cameras, any other electronic device not found at Walmart, and e-cigs. They grossly over-simplify everything and are totally unreliable for any kind of specialized device.

The fact that they repeat the most blatant and ridiculous lie of all (one cart/one pack), should provide a clue that they don't know hat they're talking about and anything they say must be taken with a dump truck full of salt.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I liked Consumer's Report years ago. I really valued their opinion. Now I don't think they are as independent as they used to be, so I look to other resources as well..:)

Yeah. Up until about the early 80's, they were o.k.. But not only did they lose their independence, they couldn't keep up with technology. If it doesn't run on electricity and has fewer than 10 moving parts, they're sorta o.k., but you can do far better by looking at "affinity sites" and forums where people know what they're talking about.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I just spent 20 minutes typing the report published in the May 2012 magazine when the ECF site went hay wired and lost it. Hopefully someone with more computer savvy than I have can post it as has some very interesting observations. Also some false information ("....Each cartridge equals roughly one pack of cigarettes").

Hope this can be posted so everyone can read it, but I'm too frustrated to try again.

*Edit --link removed, faulty information. If anyone desires, check their website

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Yep. Same old tripe. They started off o.k., but sunk into the same old incompetency and nonsense about anti-freeze.

...Bottom line: Our biggest concern is still the unknown safety of e-cigarettes. Unlike other smoking devices, e-cigarettes are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration, and there are concerns that they may contain potentially harmful chemicals, such as diethylene glycol, an ingredient in antifreeze. Despite being met with resistance, the agency continues its push to regulate e-cigarettes. Until more is known, we suggest that if you want to quit smoking, stick with medically-proven cessation aids...

You mean those cessation aids that are medically proven to fail 97% of the time?
Bottom line: Stick to toasters.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Yep. Same old tripe. They started off o.k., but sunk into the same old incompetency and nonsense about anti-freeze.

You mean those cessation aids that are medically proven to fail 97% of the time?
Bottom line: Stick to toasters.

Gotta love that antifreeze line...I didn't see mentioned that there is radiation in smoking tobacco...hmmmm...

GrammaCool

Feb 17, 2012
San Antonio
Thanks for posting the link, caridwen. The new article says much of the same except they left out the misinformation about antifreeze. Yes, I loved the replies, and I plan to write a letter to Consumer Reports with my own success story just to let them know that vaping works for me while everything else failed miserably.

Just my opinion, but if the FDA really cared about the health of the nation, it would take a hard look at the bulk of processed foods for sale in our grocery stores. It's not just fast food places that are contributing to obesity, diabetes and cancer. I now see people using phone apps in an effort to figure out ingredients - sodium, fats, sugars and all of those things I can't even pronounce.

Bottom line is that getting healthy takes research on the part of the consumer; the government isn't much help.

I will continue to vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread