Consumption habits poll

My nicotine & cannabis habits - choose as many as apply!

• I vape nicotine

Votes: 77 96.3%
  • I vape cannabis

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I smoke tobacco

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • I smoke cannabis products

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • I consume cannabis in other formats (Tinctures, food, gummies)

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • I consume nicotine in other formats (Dip, lozenges, snus etc...)

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • I vape CBD

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I consume CBD in other ingested formats

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • I used CBD topicals (creams / gels applied to the skin)

Votes: 8 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
Admin
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    Obviously this is all new to us at ECF, and I've been enlightened and encouraged already by peoples personal stories. I would love to better understand the crossover between the two worlds, even in this unscientific manner, to get a better idea of people who are taking an interest in the subject down here! Thanks for taking part.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    It might be useful to add a question on CBD use. That's likely far more common among the self selected population of vapers here, who are generally older, and more likely to use CBD products for medicinal reasons. The number using cannabis (recreational or medicinal) may not adequately reflect what this forum population is really doing.

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
    Admin
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    It might be useful to add a question on CBD use. That's likely far more common among the self selected population of vapers here, who are generally older, and more likely to use CBD products for medicinal reasons. The number using cannabis (recreational or medicinal) may not adequately reflect what this forum population is really doing.
    Good shout, is the CBD Vaped or not, or should I have options for each?

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Good shout, is the CBD Vaped or not, or should I have options for each?

I would do one for each. I think CBD is more commonly used by ingestion than vaping, so it would break that out for you. I would be curious what that difference was, as if 75% are using gummies or other ingestable versions and only 25% by vaping, it would be good to note in understanding the marketplace. Adding Medicinal versus recreational wouldn't be helpful as CBD is not really a recreational drug.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    @low_tar_neil one other idea. The numbers are small, but about 30% use cannabis. Which is to be expected in a dedicated cannabis forum area. But that is likely not in any sense representative of the general members of this forum. The way I even discovered this forum was the sticky on top of the general discussion board introducing this forum.

Maybe as this is a poll, a sticky of this on top of the general forum would provide greater insight. For one, the overall survey of cannabis use on this forum among all members, and two, better CBD information, as I would not be surprised if the CBD users here don't even connect it with cannabis (as they don't link the use) and also would fail to post in this poll. My prediction would be a lower smoking cannabis rate and a higher rate using a CBD product of some sort. But again, that's guesswork without the data.

I suppose it's all about what you would like to use the information gathered for, but even if just for general interest, it might be more insightful than only those passing through this as a subforum they're not going to regularly engage with, if at all.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
    Dec 18, 2014
    Vancouver Island Canada
    @low_tar_neil Great idea for this poll, the number of categories could be endless.
    I do use topical creams but since it is diy from the whole plant unsure of whether I should check the box for CBD topical since its a whole plant extract I make and use.
    After thinking a bit I think not, as it's a matter of intention but since CBD is in the topical it does create some confusion in how I should answer.
    Think I answered my own question since I did check consume Cannabis in other formats.
    I wonder if some kind of age group if consume Cannabis in any way which would include CBD, thc, edibles etc.
    I did observe while staying for almost 3 months at the Cancer House, my chemo and radiation treatment was a significant distance from home, that the majority of people supplementing traditional therapy with CBD and Rick Simpson extract were above the age of 60, the younger patients, under 30, none to my knowledge were using cannabis to supplement treatment.
    Might be interesting but like I mentioned the catorgories are endless so if not included it would not be an issue with me.

Woofer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2014
    PA, SK, CA
    i smoke thc because there is no efficient way yet of vaping fresh unadulterated green stuff
    when this changes i will vape it

People have been vaping cannabis flowers longer than they have been vaping e-juice.
    Many excellent devices exist.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2018
    UK & much further East.
    I have been vaping flowers for CBD.. and for THC on occasion since vaping became a thing, years. Works very well, combustion is not required. I have >4 devices, some are better than others ofc.

So long as the temperatures for decarboxylation are reached when vaping dry ( a misnomer- it should be cured not dried, too dry is not good) herb the naturally occuring CBDA and THCA ( and others) have the carboxylic acid removed from the molecule and become available to our cannabinoid receptors as CBD & THC. I posted in some detail about that process in another thread on here... somewhere.

This gives some info What Is CBDA (Cannabidiolic Acid)? - CNBS

wheelie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    www.independentont.com
    I have been vaping nicotine six or seven years. I am growing three plants in a grow tent indoors. It is my first indoor grow. I do not vape or smoke Cannabis. I do have a Solo Vaporizer back when my wife had her medical card. Makes my mind race to much when I smoke. I grow it and give it to my kids but I do keep a bag out at my trailer for company to smoke when they come visit my campsite. They don't even have to ask permission. Kinda like a candy bowl. LOL

• Love
    Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    I have been vaping nicotine six or seven years. I am growing three plants in a grow tent indoors. It is my first indoor grow. I do not vape or smoke Cannabis. I do have a Solo Vaporizer back when my wife had her medical card. Makes my mind race to much when I smoke. I grow it and give it to my kids but I do keep a bag out at my trailer for company to smoke when they come visit my campsite. They don't even have to ask permission. Kinda like a candy bowl. LOL
    Ontario? Be there later today :w00t:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread