Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
There's a lot of contests here, I guess people like them. I just checked " New Posts " and 2 out of twenty were contests, so that's 10%. I'm sure that's not very accurate, but that's my preliminary determination.
Just before creating this thread I counted 8 contest threads on the first page. And it seems it's the same ones and they are frequently on the front page. I'm not sure I am complaining or not. I guess I'm just wondering if it is worth so many people spending so much time on a contest thread picking numbers (or whatever they do) to win a $10 bottle of juice. I must be missing something here. Are there really that many people attracted to contests?

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
They kinda have to have that many contests on here, seeing they sort of lure new members in with free-stuff (just log off to see the banners).

I can't say I mind though, seeing I just happened to win a free RTA last week
24462279700_2cc68e3b1d_o.gif

If I see a contest I'm interest in I'll only post once though, I can't be bothered to keep posting. I recon if it's meant to be one post should be enough :)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Is it my imagination or are half the active threads on ECF contests of one sort or another?

Definitely your imagination.

Dozens of small contest in the proper place.
A few Contest Globally - One at a time.

New threads started or responded to several times an hour in different Forums and Sub-forums throughout ECF.

Venture out, learn. :cool:

Reactions: Foggy Road

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Definitely your imagination.

Dozens of small contest in the proper place.
A few Contest Globally - One at a time.

New threads started or responded to several times an hour in different Forums and Sub-forums throughout ECF.

Venture out, learn. :cool:
I'm beginning to see why you call yourself "Grumpy ole man" under your name. :)

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Just before creating this thread I counted 8 contest threads on the first page. And it seems it's the same ones and they are frequently on the front page. I'm not sure I am complaining or not. I guess I'm just wondering if it is worth so many people spending so much time on a contest thread picking numbers (or whatever they do) to win a $10 bottle of juice. I must be missing something here. Are there really that many people attracted to contests?
OH my goodness, you mean there are folks out there who don't enter the contests??:shock::) Well contests aren't what brought me to ECF. But after winning a fantastic prize in the 2nd contest I entered I got purty interested, the second mod I won was pretty neat also but I figgered that was a fluke no way. So I started losing interest and only put in 1 entry among thousands in the contest where I won my 3rd mod. So now, after having won 4 new mods in 9 months, yeah I find the contests kinda interesting. I try to get a couple entries in the worthwhile ones. But I got no reason bother with free juice contests since getting my DIY on track.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
OH my goodness, you mean there are folks out there who don't enter the contests??:shock::) Well contests aren't what brought me to ECF. But after winning a fantastic prize in the 2nd contest I entered I got purty interested, the second mod I won was pretty neat also but I figgered that was a fluke no way. So I started losing interest and only put in 1 entry among thousands in the contest where I won my 3rd mod. So now, after having won 4 new mods in 9 months, yeah I find the contests kinda interesting. I try to get a couple entries in the worthwhile ones. But I got no reason bother with free juice contests since getting my DIY on track.
LOL! If I were you I'd like contests too. Sadly, I don't have your good fortune. I'd find a way to come in second place if I were the only one playing.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Contests are annoying. I don't even pay attention because they are all Facebook related. The whole internet is Facebook related and about getting "likes". If you do not do/or have never joined Facebook it is a waste of valuable time. I can buy what I need and do not have to lower my standards to beg or annoy people. If I like someone I will buy them a beer. CHEERS!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I'm beginning to see why you call yourself "Grumpy ole man" under your name. :)

:D

You posted the Topic in General forums, talking about so many Contest threads looking down the page.:blink: There are approximately -0- Contest running in the General forums ;)

Grumpy ole man,
That is just to tease the youngin's ;)

Anyway, lots of good topics. Plenty of people needing assistance. Groups needing our support, etc. Plenty do do besides sit, click and hope to win trinkets.:cool:

Anyway, sorry if you missed my intent. Plenty to do for everyone.:thumb:

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville

Similar experience here, for some reason a little while back I did enter a few contests and won a couple of mods. I use the Cloupor Mini+ somewhat regularly, the only regulated device I have. I'm definitely a one entry and wait it out kind of player though. I don't do the social sites and haven't much interest to read everyday about what everyone is having for dinner.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Similar experience here, for some reason a little while back I did enter a few contests and won a couple of mods. I use the Cloupor Mini+ somewhat regularly, the only regulated device I have. I'm definitely a one entry and wait it out kind of player though. I don't do the social sites and haven't much interest to read everyday about what everyone is having for dinner.
But don' you like the pictures of everyone's dogs? :D

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
But don' you like the pictures of everyone's dogs? :D
Well, and cats, yeah... that goes without saying, but it's just not enough. Now, if everyone was taking selfies of themselves while sitting on the toilet and vaping, vooping if you will, that might pique my interest a bit.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well, and cats, yeah... that goes without saying, but it's just not enough. Now, if everyone was taking selfies of themselves while sitting on the toilet and vaping, vooping if you will, that might pique my interest a bit.
Hmmmm, that probably wouldn't work for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread