The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Contest Threads

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Bronze, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    Is it my imagination or are half the active threads on ECF contests of one sort or another?

• Like Like x 1
  2. bacc.vap

bacc.vap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2011
    Virtualville
    There's a lot of contests here, I guess people like them. I just checked " New Posts " and 2 out of twenty were contests, so that's 10%. I'm sure that's not very accurate, but that's my preliminary determination.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    Just before creating this thread I counted 8 contest threads on the first page. And it seems it's the same ones and they are frequently on the front page. I'm not sure I am complaining or not. I guess I'm just wondering if it is worth so many people spending so much time on a contest thread picking numbers (or whatever they do) to win a $10 bottle of juice. I must be missing something here. Are there really that many people attracted to contests?

• Like Like x 2
  4. bacc.vap

May 18, 2011
    Virtualville
    I've only entered a relative few contest here in the 5 years I've been a member, but I think most of the posts in those threads are just random chatting, especially in the bigger giveaways. Something to do I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hitmetwice

Hitmetwice Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    Spend 10 mins some days clicking on them to put 'em in my IGNORE list....Done! Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    Netherlands
    They kinda have to have that many contests on here, seeing they sort of lure new members in with free-stuff (just log off to see the banners).

I can't say I mind though, seeing I just happened to win a free RTA last week [​IMG]

If I see a contest I'm interest in I'll only post once though, I can't be bothered to keep posting. I recon if it's meant to be one post should be enough :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    theres contest threads on here?? ohhh okayy the ones I dont even bother to read ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    You could be right.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    Well, they don't really bother me (other than having to weed through them). I'm just curious about the popularity of them. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Definitely your imagination.

Dozens of small contest in the proper place.
    A few Contest Globally - One at a time.

New threads started or responded to several times an hour in different Forums and Sub-forums throughout ECF.

Venture out, learn. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    I'm beginning to see why you call yourself "Grumpy ole man" under your name. :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Foggy Road

Foggy Road Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    OH my goodness, you mean there are folks out there who don't enter the contests??:shock::) Well contests aren't what brought me to ECF. But after winning a fantastic prize in the 2nd contest I entered I got purty interested, the second mod I won was pretty neat also but I figgered that was a fluke no way. So I started losing interest and only put in 1 entry among thousands in the contest where I won my 3rd mod. So now, after having won 4 new mods in 9 months, yeah I find the contests kinda interesting. I try to get a couple entries in the worthwhile ones. But I got no reason bother with free juice contests since getting my DIY on track.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    LOL! If I were you I'd like contests too. Sadly, I don't have your good fortune. I'd find a way to come in second place if I were the only one playing.

• Like Like x 3
  14. wheelie

wheelie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    Contests are annoying. I don't even pay attention because they are all Facebook related. The whole internet is Facebook related and about getting "likes". If you do not do/or have never joined Facebook it is a waste of valuable time. I can buy what I need and do not have to lower my standards to beg or annoy people. If I like someone I will buy them a beer. CHEERS!

• Like Like x 2
  15. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    :D

You posted the Topic in General forums, talking about so many Contest threads looking down the page.:blink: There are approximately -0- Contest running in the General forums ;)

Grumpy ole man,
    That is just to tease the youngin's ;)

Anyway, lots of good topics. Plenty of people needing assistance. Groups needing our support, etc. Plenty do do besides sit, click and hope to win trinkets.:cool:

Anyway, sorry if you missed my intent. Plenty to do for everyone.:thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  16. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    I'm too old to be a youngin. :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. bacc.vap

May 18, 2011
    Virtualville
    Similar experience here, for some reason a little while back I did enter a few contests and won a couple of mods. I use the Cloupor Mini+ somewhat regularly, the only regulated device I have. I'm definitely a one entry and wait it out kind of player though. I don't do the social sites and haven't much interest to read everyday about what everyone is having for dinner.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    But don' you like the pictures of everyone's dogs? :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. bacc.vap

May 18, 2011
    Virtualville
    Well, and cats, yeah... that goes without saying, but it's just not enough. Now, if everyone was taking selfies of themselves while sitting on the toilet and vaping, vooping if you will, that might pique my interest a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    Hmmmm, that probably wouldn't work for me. :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.