Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Yup, it's a funeral--for me, at least.

I'm gone. I've been reprimanded, scolded, ridiculed and otherwise treated like a child. I was told that my time has no value and my hard work and efforts to improve the situation don't matter. I was told to basically shut up and obey the orders. Apparently some countdown is in progress (not sure what it means, but it sounds ominous).

I am an adult, an ECF member in good standing, and a supporting member. I do not take orders from a person or persons who have no authority to give me orders.

So that's that.

I feel sad and terribly disappointed. I'm going to miss you all.

tumblr_ld21vnZKzn1qe4o3oo1_5001-2.gif

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
:blink:...Oh. Ok. :blink:

Kat? Miss us? You'll still be on ECF and celebrate with us in PreVet yes? :)

:cry:

I'm too hurt to even think about it, Meggers.

I've invested so much time and energy into this whole thing... I just feel like crying. Really.

A year and a half, every single day--only to be told to get lost.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
:blink: I don't think there should be any thinking about it. People on here love and depend on you. I...I'm not, generally by nature, one to be a bully and tell people what they are or are not going to do but...

YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE CAUSE I SAID SO. SIT DOWN AND DON'T MOVE TILL I TELL YOU TO!!!!!

:blink:...Please? :cry:

Thanks, Megggers. it means a lot...

I'll get back to you when I stop crying. My keyboard gets slippery when wet....

Last edited:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
LOL...Meggers

I am still wondering why we are going by JJ's rules...it was already clear & put very clearly by J0ker that we are the ones that make the rules for Pre-vets...anyone have an answer to that??? Seriously...why are we letting her tell us what we can do and what we cannot???? Anyone???

i just sent a pm to j0ker asking for clarification of his post ........

tweety's interpretation or jj's? let's hope for the best

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I'm done commenting about it whis. It doesn't matter. I tried to propose a way that worked using the existing rules and interpreting them broadly when this whole thing started up again. That was a no-go.

The way I read it, it's "No changes". If I'm wrong about that, then I'm wrong.

I've spent IDK how many hours (along with the rest of you) finding, agreeing, and SUBMITTING, a proposed solution that would have made all the issues "go bye-bye" since there would be little to nothing left to complain about (for execution of contest). Then, for ECF staff to back out of the whole proposal AGAIN.

The squabbling was pointless since the new rules would have solved the situation. Neither "side" could keep their fingers off the keyboard long enough for a review of the proposed solution. And the review only had to wait long enough for tempers to flair again and then say "No!". If you wait long enough, it was bound to happen.

It's a lose-lose situation. The only way to "win" was to A) Agree on changes and B) put them in place. We achieved A under stress but could not pull off B.

ECF failed as much as we did.

I'm not playing the "we" vs "jj's rules" game. Nor am I playing the "If you do this, I'll do that" game. Nor do I need yet another person's restating of what we all collectively spent weeks agreeing to and published (not that that's bad, but why?).

Atty don't play dat. I've wasted enough time here rather then helping others (that want support and help with e-cigs) on ECF.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I expressed my thoughts already in post #191. I have nothing else to add. I do not recognize jj's authority over me. I don't know who appointed her and why, but even if that appointment was somehow valid and lawful, I still have the right to not participate. I made a last good-faith appeal to her in that post but it went unrecognized and unanswered. She says her feelings were hurt. I'm really sorry about that, but I had nothing to do with that. Other people's feelings were hurt too. Why is it that only jj's hurt feeling matter?

This is a private, social forum. As long as we follow the rules of ECF, we are all free to participate in anything we want--or not--and all our actions and "rules" are purely voluntary. We don't sign contracts and nobody can hire or fire us. Nobody can appoint a leader of a voluntary group unless members of that group agree.

The only obstacle to a peaceful continuation of the PVT and the contest is jj2, who just appointed herself a tzar of the contest. I'm not sure on what authority, though. J0ker didn't mention anything about jj2 being in charge of making or enforcing rules--and according to "as things are now," jj2 is a liaison. The rules are made by PVT.

I appeal to you jj, one more time. Please, please, don't let a good thing that we all love and enjoy get ruined. It's now you against 10 or 12 of us. Please, let's go back to J0ker's "as things are now" for the rest of the year. Simple rules, no stupid and unforceable timelines, no bonus drawings--welcome threads and avatar parties for those who want them, two grand drawings at the end of the year, the PVT decides who's eligible. Plain and simple.

J0ker wanted the rules to be more inclusive and easy to understand--and he wanted those who run PVT to be in charge--you agreed. J0ker wants this thing to survive untill the end of the year and he wants us to act like adults and not bother him anymore. It's all in your hands, jj. Please.

The PreVets was started by Whiskey--and it owes most of its popularity to Whiskey's years of hard work, dogged dedication and her personal charm. The contest is just piggybacking on Whiskey's thread's enormous success. Let's not forget that.

And now I have to go and take care of my RW stuff.

My heart is broken, jj, and my feelings are hurt too.

All you need to do is say,"OK, let's just get along, as best we can--we don't have to be friends, but we still can cooperate."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread