Status
Not open for further replies.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
My aunt is in her 40s. Tried blu, but (as we know) "it didn't do it" for her.
I asked if she wanted info on a better setup, and she was excited about it. I've spent the last 6 hours rewriting 3 page emails on what to tell her without overwhelming her...

I ended up just googleing some B&Ms (Katy TX) for her to stop in and check out...
I emailed those B&Ms to make sure they had a juice bar, and to see if they had any evod starter kits.
I Told her to try some juice and look at ego setups.
I moved to ego from blu last August. I got a joye 1300mAh pass through with some evods. A few weeks later I got a Vision Vivi nova with a spinner (backups for your backups, plus I like to switch flavors a lot... It's easier to swap setups than constantly screwing and unscrewing heads). Those worked good for me, and it's generally what I recommend to noobs. Low maintenance and usually pretty hassle free.

Are the evod 650mAh kits any good?
Are there any good YouTube videos for a total noob? I checked out Pbusardo and Grimmgreens videos, but their attempts at beginner videos still seemed advanced...
I want to give her bare minimum info. Basically "get this setup, here's what you need to know about it: juice, heads, tanks, charge, backups"...

Thank you for any advice...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

MasteroftheVape

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Columbia, IL, USA
Sadly, you'll get a million opinions from a million people and most will tell you to try this or that instead. Back in the day when I used ego's and the like I had probably a dozen different kinds/brands. You would be hard pressed to find a "bad" evod/ego. Their all pretty standard from what I have seen. As long as it has ego or 510 thread she will be good to go for a starter kit because the biggest things she will have to figure out is what juice and delivery system she likes. B&M juice bar, and buy a few different kinds of carto/ce4/ce5 blah blah that the B&M has to try out.

The best way for her to learn intro vaping would be from the B&M. Not only from the workers, but she could see the other customers and what their using. And as we all know, vapers love talking about their setups. She could probably get a disposable drip tip from em too and try different setups so she can see for herself.

Last edited:
I haven't heard too many complaints about most basic kits, really, as long as you realize that they do have their limitations.

Which aren't that strict. More than a year in, I'm using a "basic" battery and enjoy it thoroughly. It's a no-brainer. A good eGo with an Evod clearo will probably serve her very well.

The links above are some fun discussions. :) As noted, ask ten people, get ten different opinions.

Even the most basic eGo is going to be superior to the Blu by miles.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I know everyone has their preferences - people have different experiances with different products - different airflow and such.

I was just looking for some products people have been happy with for new vapers to see if there is anything that could be better than the evod imo (I was going to check reviews).

Thanks for the link baditude - I'm going to check those out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread