Converting a non-smoker (not what you think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
I am not trying to convert my non-smoker friend to vaping. I'm trying to convert her to the idea that e-cigs may be the last, best hope to ending the whole cigarette crisis. I say, "Honestly, with my mods, vaping is better than cigarettes could ever be."

Her attitude is, "If it works for you, okay."

I want her attitide to be, "Based on what you're telling me, I'm going to tell every smoker I know about your success."

Granted, I can't guarantee that e-cigs are any safer than real cigs. Still....

Sentonal

Apr 25, 2011
Cooperstown NY
She's a non-smoker. I would respect and admire her opinion that she reserves no opinion. Better that than the "All nicotine users are evil" stance. It's not likely that a smoker talks to a non-smoker about wanting to quit... not much common ground there.

Best to just leave it at "If you know anyone who wants to try quitting feel free to give them my email and I can send them some links." rather then come off as a VapeZealot (which would make a great T-Shirt come to think of it).

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
Granted, I can't guarantee that e-cigs are any safer than real cigs. Still....

No?

I guess I would say that it's hard to be sure exactly how much safer they are. But even a fairly elementary understanding of the science involved makes it inconceivable that they could be anything other than quite a LOT safer.

About your friend- it takes all kinds to make a world. If it works for you, great. Be sure she knows that is DOES work for you, and that you'd be delighted to talk to anyone else she knows that it might work for.

Then relax about it. Nobody likes a pest.

Ande

jlarsen

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
Helena, MT
She's not a smoker, and she doesn't vape, so I would think it would be hard for her to share her enthusiasm for a product she hasn't experienced first hand with people who are addicted to another product which she also hasn't experienced first hand, or for her to have the same zeal for wanting to convert smokers to vaping. Is she out there promoting the patch or snus to her smoking friends, without having any firsthand knowledge of either, or trying to downplay vaping compared to those other smoking replacements? If not, then why worried that she isn't spreading the news about vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread