Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
It seems that we have to deal with Chinese copies again. These people that dont respect anything and anyone, copied Tilemahos with GG logo on it.

I will be very brief. If any store sells the copy with GG logo on it, I will immediately press charges.

My opinion for copiers stays the same for the last 47 years and its the same as yours. So, stop paying for China products. These people are eating your money, your mind, your soul. Be clever and stay focused on what is right and ethical. Simply stop listening to them. They are full of nonsense. Even on their sites they advertise fake features.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I checked out the copies. Looks like they're using pictures from actual GG products along with the Box. That's straight robbery. It shouldn't matter if you're in another country, thinking you will be protected by your government. The internet is global marketing and some global marketing laws need to change to protect the original maker/inventor.

And then trying to call it the same name and use the same logos as the original.....Sickening!

tmcguffie

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
Just to put my two-pence-worth in, don't agree with clones or copies of any product, period !
If I find a piece of gear I really like and it's outwith my budget, I'll save up for it, if I can't justify the cost, I don't buy it. vaping is just the same as most things in life, you get what you pay for. I'm always amused by the - I can't get my cheap, piece of crap clone to work, please help, posts that go around.
Support the people/companies who are moving the industry forward, not hanging onto its coat-tails.
I don't mean this as a plug for GG gear, I'll admit, I've never used any of theirs, its just a quick post with my thoughts on the issue

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
I was just reading this about what another modder did, specifically Stattqualm from Austria. They had a cease and desist order to paypal to not allow payments to the big clone selling web-sites in China similar but not only fasttech and these web-sites ended up not being able to sell the direct copies of the original product. There is a better explanation here
Yes and no.
The situation was diffferent. FT and FC had been disabled to get paypal payments. Stattqualm had trademarks applied for Stattqualm, SQ logo and Squape and told paypal, that paypal is part in infringement of a trademark. At that point Stattqualm had no rights in China. After that FT never wrote Squape or Triangle Window on an invoice for Paypal and later when Sattqualm got their trademarks for China it was impossible to pay Squapes by Paypal.

The Hana style boxes never came back on FT. Hana Modz Trademark was registered 1.27.2015, about 3 weeks before the clones disappeared. I guess FT had to pay or sign and stop selling Hana style boxes. FC had renamed the boxes in 2014 to Hanaa.

Anyway maybe the best thing would be for Imeo to reach the people at Stattqualm and ask some advice from them about the procedure, as what they did seems to be effective at least against the direct copies

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread