Copper wire for a RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There are a few wires that are safest with vaping, kanthal is probably easiest to work with if you want to build your own coils. (You cannot use kanthal in Temperature Control mode!) For a Temperature Control wire, stainless steel is probably the safest wire and it can be used in both wattage and temp mode. There are other materials you can use, but SS (and please purchase wire meant for vaping) is probably the safest to start with and it's nice to be able to vape it in either mode.

Best of luck and welcome to ECF. I'm so glad you asked the question. You may enjoy this forum to learn more about building your own coils and an RTA or RDA: Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

Anna

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
There is only one elemental metal that is more electrically conductive than copper and that is silver. You would think is would be gold but gold is third. You would need several feet to get much resistance.

05.jpg

Rico_tton

Multiple ID Suspension
Oct 10, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Even if you could get the resistance inhaling copper fumes gives you a massive headache that can last a week or until the poisoning leaves you blood stream. I had to tig some copper inside a copper tank, a few months ago, there was no where to vent, so I used a full sealed mask and oxygen.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
No! (Just in case you're still thinking about it. ;))

Also, do not use your garage as a source of vaping supplies. Do not use any wires, flashlight batteries, wall insulation materials, antifreeze, etc., that you may find there. Ever. :D

Always buy your hardware and ejuice (or PG, VG, flavorings) from reputable e-cig vendors--you may start with ECF-approved vendors. Good luck and be safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread