Coppervape BF Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I have a question guys, why am I experiencing voltage drop? I'm using new Sony Vtc 5a 18650 batteries. Thin Juggernaut dual coils on a Gaia .41 ohms, 3mm I.d. I have tightened the bottle cap that is attached to the 510. Wiped down the top & bottom pieces of the mod.

Do I need to build lower? Sometimes it hits good, sometimes it's really weak. Help, please o_O

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
I'm not measuring just judging by how it vapes. It's really weak now with freshly charged batteries.
Well, the first thing I'd dO is clean all metal to metal contact points, especially the cap to body.

If that didn't work, I'd start measuring voltage/resistance at various points.

Last edited:

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Thanks, if there were burs how would I remove?
    I use a triangle or round shaped riffler file, slowly filing along the slot edge.
    You want to be careful not to remove the plating on the rest of the screw head.
    A nail file might also work.
    It's caused by using a too small flat blade screwdriver when they assembled them.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    It's ok now o_O I took everything apart cleaned it & reassembled. Thanks!

Here's something I do that I think Works.

About once a week I like to put a New piece of printer paper on the writing board of my desk (which is Very Flat) and then Rub the Contact Surface of the bottom portion of my CV on it.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    I use a triangle or round shaped riffler file, slowly filing along the slot edge.
    You want to be careful not to remove the plating on the rest of the screw head.
    A nail file might also work.
    It's caused by using a too small flat blade screwdriver when they assembled them.
    Thanks a lot!

Reactions: puffon

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    Here's something I do that I think Works.

About once a week I like to put a New piece of printer paper on the writing board of my desk (which is Very Flat) and then Rub the Contact Surface of the bottom portion of my CV on it.
    Thank you! Do you mean that you remove the top portion of the mod & the rub the top portion of the bottom part of the mod on the printer paper?

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Thank you! Do you mean that you remove the top portion of the mod & the rub the top portion of the bottom part of the mod on the printer paper?

That's it.

And it is Safe to do verses using something like Fine Sandpaper or a ScotchBrite Pad because using those can roll the 90 Edge if you Slip.

The Key is to put the Paper on a Very Flat and Clean Surface.

The 1st time you do it, you might be surprised how much Black appears on the paper. Some say the black is "Dead Electrons". But I think it is more e-Liquid, Hand Oils, and Aluminum Oxides.

ETA: Don't forget to clean out the Magnet Holes every once and awhile with a Q-Tip with a little Rubbing Alcohol on it.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    That's it.

And it is Safe to do verses using something like Fine Sandpaper or a ScotchBrite Pad because using those can roll the 90 Edge if you Slip.

The Key is to put the Paper on a Very Flat and Clean Surface.

The 1st time you do it, you might be surprised how much Black appears on the paper. Some say the black is "Dead Electrons". But I think it is more e-Liquid, Hand Oils, and Aluminum Oxides.

ETA: Don't forget to clean out the Magnet Holes every once and awhile with a Q-Tip with a little Rubbing Alcohol on it.
    Thanks I really appreciate the help! :toast:

Reactions: zoiDman

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 28, 2015
    Los Angeles

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Hussar rda bf Sqounker

Here are my first impressions from another site. I got one of the early ones before SXK included the BF pin, and converted it myself. So I don't know how well their BF works compared to mine.

Screenshot 2017-07-17 at 9.03.11 AM.png

IMAG2920_picmonkeyed.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Here are my first impressions from another site. I got one of the early ones before SXK included the BF pin, and converted it myself. So I don't know how well their BF works compared to mine.

View attachment 672691

View attachment 672693

I was just reading that FT Thread you did.

That warning about Arcing kinda spooked me. What exactly is going on with it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread