Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
proxy.php

That inside o-ring has me totally confused, I see no purpose for it. Looks out of place to me. Anyone?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
That is where the juice control part meets the base isn't it? Didn't take it out to see but the one I have has that too. Maybe to keep juice from leaking under it
Mine is the SXK variety, it doesn't have one in that spot.
I noticed that I'm able to screw the chimney past it's closed position so far that the top piece that I'm turning it with no longer mates with the hex, it screws in too far. Perhaps it's (o-ring) purpose is to prevent that. I tried adding a 12 x 1.5 mm o-ring but was unable to screw the chimney into the base. I'll try a 12 x 1 mm when I get home from work. Mine is working good with no leaking BTW.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Yup, I see them now, so must have been an "ECF" thing and their software update.

That and the o-ring might create a better seal for when the JFC is positioned to OFF so there is no leaking into the chamber and flooding your build when re-filling ?? Maybe ?? Just a guess here.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I finally cleaned and assembled my SkyLine with one of those new bubble tanks I got from FT: $7.31 Iwodevape Replacement Glass Tank for Aspire Cleito Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - authentic / 5ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I measured the top/bottom (inside dimensions) of the tank and it is just a couple of thousands different than the original 3ml tank, but it fits just like the original 3ml one does, nice and snug and NOT out-of-round like the Cleito's were that I got from Sweet-Vapes.

Hey DW, my SXK Skyline didn't even come with that inner o-ring that you referenced in your pic's either, so I dug around my spares and found one that seems to fit it. We will see if it works. My CV SkyLine came with an o-ring installed in that position, and a air disk (which my SXK didn't have any of either).

Last edited:
Reactions: dwcraig1

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
My Coppervape SkyLine came with that o-ring installed, plus it came with (2) different air disks, and was cheaper (if I remember correctly) than the SXK version (I might have the Skyline and the Hussar mixed up though). Coppervape is coming out with all kinds of accessories for their Hussar RTA, and I hope that they will do the same for their SkyLine.

Reactions: dwcraig1

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
proxy.php

That inside o-ring has me totally confused, I see no purpose for it. Looks out of place to me. Anyone?

That o-ring is there to make sure you don't get any leaking into the chamber when you close the JFC and refill. On the other hand, I refill mine with the the JFC open open.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
These are the Bubble Glass tank im using , authentic , not sure what others are buying that dont fit ,
But i suppose there could be Inspections in the manufacturing for some batches
ebb18f96dee17bfe2932774c5b3cc13c.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Those are the very glass tanks that I bought (2) of over at Sweet-Vapes for $3 each. (1) was so Out-of-Round (on both ends, Inside Dimensions) that it leaked from the "Get Go", and the other one had a chip on one inside end where the o-ring comes in contact with the glass. I have been thinking that they looked like "Seconds", not the Premium top of the line product, and I was just unlucky on that particular purchase as some bad pieces are bound to get thru. No Biggie as far as I'm concerned. So I went with those IWODEVAPE replacement glass tanks from FT, as I still wanted the larger capacity tank for when I'm out and don't want to be carrying around a bottle of juice in my pocket. I checked them all and found each (I bought a 5-pack) to be within .004 of the original 3ml stock glass tank dimensions that came with my Coppervape Skyline, and each were within .001 of being completely round in shape, top and bottom, measured by my SS Dial Calipers. I figure that folks will get sub-par products from time to time from any manufacture, so I don't really sweat it too much, it happens.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
I made a strange observation ... always had the LC fully opened and occasionally had dry hits and reflow problems. Remembered that I had the LC only partially opened at the beginning and never had dry hits. After opening the LC only 1/3rd it was a revelation ... suddenly much better draw, flavor, no more reflow problems or dry hits.
Anybody with such problems give it a try!

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
My 2nd SXK Skyline from FT arrived today with the two Coppervape glass tanks. As expected they fit perfectly. The 12 x 1 mm o-ring around the deck of the base is missing on this one as well.
On my first SXK Skyline the top piece that you turn for JC started to become really hard to turn so I replaced the 12 x 1 mm o-ring with another 12 x 1 and it still was too tight. I replaced it then with an 11 x 1 mm o-ring and it is much better, easier than when new, not a PITA anymore.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
Wow, I wonder how you could cope with a 2 ml version, for me the normal 3 ml glass was a PITA because I was refilling like 2-3 times a day and that constant JCF closing, unscrewing, JCF opening was making me crazy, so I was very glad the 5 ml cleito came around.
But I guess everyone´s mileage may vary ;)

Reactions: Beamslider
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread