Status
Not open for further replies.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Wow, I wonder how you could cope with a 2 ml version, for me the normal 3 ml glass was a PITA because I was refilling like 2-3 times a day and that constant JCF closing, unscrewing, JCF opening was making me crazy, so I was very glad the 5 ml cleito came around.
But I guess everyone´s mileage may vary ;)

I vape strictly MTL which doesn't consume that much juice. The Berserker has a really tight draw and 2ml and if I fill it up I can leave the house without worrying about carrying a bottle with me. :D :D :D

• Informative
Reactions: 52anddone

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
On my 2nd SXK Skyline I had to wrap both ends with duct tape to get the deck off, this was after initial use so juice was present.
I removed the o-ring on the deck that seals against the glass and checked fitment without it and it was fine. I changed that o-ring to a 12.5 x 1.5 mm one as I didn't readily have a 14 (orig. is 16 x 1.5) and now it's fine.
So I measured the ID of the 2 SXK glass pieces and there was a .2 mm variance.
I also bought two spare Coppervape glass pieces, I measured the ID of these and they match the SXK versions, one is .2 mm smaller than the other.
Just thought I'd mention this in case someone else is having the same problem getting their deck to unscrew

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Yep, there is a slight variance in both the SXK and the Coppervape (I have both). I put one of these on my version of the Skyline (the SXK one) $7.31 Iwodevape Replacement Glass Tank for Aspire Cleito Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - authentic / 5ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping and it fits pretty good, no leaks and goes on & off easily. I'll have to go downstairs and remeasure that deck o-ring (I forgot what one I put on), I'll get back to you on that measurement.

Edit: 5 hours later; Looks like I used a 14x1mm o-ring for the inner deck (juice flow control). I hope that that was the one you were referencing DW. That's the one that my SXK DID NOT come with, and the Coppervape DOES come with installed.

Last edited:

TrashCat

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
Toronto, ON, Canada
Next thing I changed was the wicking material. I used japan organic cotton in the past and now tried rayon. I was highly sceptical because heating up a "string of plastic" seemed strange to me, but it´s actually awesome! It also does not collapse so much when wet compared to cotton.
K.

It's actually mainly reconstituted wood pulp ;)

As the McNugget is to Chicken, so Rayon is to Trees :p

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Next thing I changed was the wicking material. I used japan organic cotton in the past and now tried rayon. I was highly sceptical because heating up a "string of plastic" seemed strange to me, but it´s actually awesome! It also does not collapse so much when wet compared to cotton.

Actually Kusie, the Rayon will shrink just a wee bit when wet and Cotton will slightly expand, just for the record, as has been noted in numerous posts over the last couple of years, and this is why Rayon will not work so well in some atomizers (Digiflavor's Siren to name just one) and Cotton is the better choice because it seals the juice pathway better to prevent leaks into the coil chamber.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Actually Kusie, the Rayon will shrink just a wee bit when wet and Cotton will slightly expand, just for the record, as has been noted in numerous posts over the last couple of years, and this is why Rayon will not work so well in some atomizers (Digiflavor's Siren to name just one) and Cotton is the better choice because it seals the juice pathway better to prevent leaks into the coil chamber.
    If you tinker enough ,Rayon works just fine.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Yes, it's easy when you learn how to do it, as most things are. But, it is a different animal to use, and some have not figured that out yet. If I can get an atty to run good on KGD, then, and only then, will I attempt Rayon. I guess that I'm a slow learner when it comes to Rayon myself.:(

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Yes, it's easy when you learn how to do it, as most things are. But, it is a different animal to use, and some have not figured that out yet. If I can get an atty to run good on KGD, then, and only then, will I attempt Rayon. I guess that I'm a slow learner when it comes to Rayon myself.:(
    Very small learning curve,but the difference in flavor and longevity is worth it.
    Just pulled the deck after 15 fills to show you a picture. I put a thumbnail so you can blow the picture up.

20171028_073924 (1).jpg

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016
    I have the Coppervape version of this Skyline clone for a bit more than a month. I have tried many different builds in mine and used several of the plastic inserts to attempt different airflow results. I have never had any leaking problems. I have seen most of the 25 pages of positive comments here and viewed some of the very positive YouTube videos. I own a lot of rta's. Many single coil rta's. For the life of me I cannot get the Skyline clone to even come close to the flavor that I get from many of my other rta's. I confess I am more of a restricted lung vapor than a true mtl guy. Maybe that in itself is the reason. I see constant reference to the great flavor produced from this tank. In my experience the Kayfun V5, Rose 3, Hussar, Taifun , Ammit, Hurricane or a host of others I own produce better flavor than the Skyline. Maybe if I was a serious mtl vapor this would be heaven but for restricted lung vaping as a single coil rta I find this just average and prefer most of my others.

I only shared all this for those that are thinking about buying this based on rave reviews. If you are into single coil rta's for restricted lung vaping there are better choices. If you are a serious mtl person this may be exactly what you are looking for.

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    In my experience the Kayfun V5, Rose 3, Hussar, Taifun , Ammit, Hurricane or a host of others I own produce better flavor than the Skyline.

I agree with you Chodi, I also have the Coppervape Hussar, the Digiflavor Siren 22mm & 25mm, and Taifun GT-2/Fev 3 & 4/Hurricane clones, along with the New Berserker, and I think that any of those have better taste using the exact same juice and builds, but, it is a good atomizer, just not Great IMHO, and I am a dedicated Tight MTL vaper, for the record. I think that the V-1 Siren's (I don't have the V-2's) and the New VandyVape Berserker are the best that I have for flavor, with the older Fev 3 & 4 in second place. I have to say that the SkyLine clone and the Berserker are the driest RTA's that I have, as in no leaking/seeping or wetness around the air flow ring or 510 area.

Last edited:
    Reactions: bigbob2322

Kusie

ECF Veteran
    Jun 21, 2017
    Germany
    It´s really funny, because my experiences are completely opposite. Since I started to buy RTAs I really tried a LOT of different single coil tanks and to be honest I always return to the Skyline because it´s the only tank (besides Doggy 2K16) that can produce the flavour I want from my juice. I have two Kayfuns (V5 and prime) and they both don´t even come CLOSE flavour wise. Same applied to the Berserker, which was a massive dissapointment and gave me constant dry hits. I use a liquid that has some sweetness added and both kayfuns and the Berserker where NOT able to reproduce any sweetness - put the same juice into the Skyline and BOOM - a rich massive vape with lots of sweetness and flavour.

Reactions: benley73

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016
    I agree with you Chodi, I also have the Coppervape Hussar, the Digiflavor Siren 22mm & 25mm, and Taifun GT-2/Fev 3 & 4/Hurricane clones, along with the New Berserker, and I think that any of those have better taste using the exact same juice and builds, but, it is a good atomizer, just not Great IMHO, and I am a dedicated Tight MTL vaper, for the record. I think that the V-1 Siren's (I don't have the V-2's) and the New VandyVape Berserker are the best that I have for flavor, with the older Fev 3 & 4 in second place. I have to say that the SkyLine clone and the Berserker are the driest RTA's that I have, as in no leaking/seeping or wetness around the air flow ring or 510 area.
    See im more like the other Chodi restrictive dtl rather than tight MTL
    Im able to get a good vape an flavor from the CV skyline always have, i switch around a lot so one weeks fav is next weeks second, an such so in no Order these are a few of the ones I tend to use most out of my larger selection.

Cloudone V3 RTA
    Fev v4 RTA
    Taifun GT v2 RTA
    Taifun gt v3 RTA
    Hussar RTA
    SRv4 RTA
    By ka V7 RTA
    Skyline RTA
    Taifun gt v3 mini RTA
    And one of my dual coil Ultrons Karona RTA (Corona) which ive been enjoying a lot,
    What im mainly using along with bf sqounking , Narda bf , Mulciber bf , Pocket RDA bf , Haku phenom BF, O Atty bf ,
    Hussar RDTA BF
    Theses can all be closed down to a nice restrictive vape and provide some very nice flavours

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread