Cosmo Kit - Vaptio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Cosmo kit from Vaptio. The Cosmo Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Bear from Vaptio.

Cosmo Kit

Introduction

Vaptio in recent times have been concentrating in 4 areas, their Hero series of high power devices, powerful vape pens, pod kits and aesthetically appealing high quality sub-ohm tanks with innovative resealing top-fill designs. Here we see the now very much established Vaptio go back to their roots releasing a user friendly, low power, pocket friendly device, equally ideal for the first time vaper or vaper who are just looking for an uncomplicated grab and go device that will see them get a quality vape. We have seen this take on a regulated device from Vaptio in the past with power levels rather than wattage adjustment, included is the Cosmo tank, a genuine both MTL and DL affair which has a bonus, Nautilus coils are compatible with it! So let's give the Cosmo Kit a quick look.

In the Box

Contents:

1*Cosmo Mod
1*cosmo Tank
1*Cosmo Coil(C2, 0.7ohm)
1*Cosmo Coil(C1, 1.6ohm, Pre-installed)
2*User Manuals

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Cosmo Kit comes in the usual Vaptio style cardboard packaging with plastic compartmental tray. Once opened i was met by a device that is very comparable to the iStick Annis in size and like the Annis is a very slender device, the Cosmo tank is tall and slender suiting the device well. The spine and sides of the device follow the contours of the cylindrical internal battery before flattening out at the front edges to meet the face of the device. The curved spine and sides are in the colour of choice while the face, top and bottom of the device are Black. I received the Black version (making the entire device a solid Black colour), it's also available in Blue, Red and Gold, with all colour options the Cosmo tank comes in Black but the colour of the o-rings vary. The face of the device has a nice sized fire button at the top which barely protrudes and has little travel but is nice and clicky, Below this is the power level button that is shaped like a vertical chevron. Then we have a small indication LED followed by translucent letter's lined up vertically which are "H", "M" and "L", these letters are tinted dark black so only become visible when lit up. Finally at the bottom of the face of the device we have the vertically positioned USB port, spine and sides are featureless apart from the Vaptio logo printed in white placed vertically on one side. The base of the device has printed safety stamps and branding as well as 2 small venting slits, moving to the top we have a 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510. The supplied 18.5mm Cosmo tank fits perfectly so any bigger you will get overhang. The overall build quality is up to the usual Vaptio high standard and with the device being so small and curvy it is very ergonomic.

Comparison with iStick Annis

Cosmo Tank Specs and Features:

Tank Size: φ18.5*56.9mm
Tank Capacity : 2.0ml Top Fill
Material: Stainless Steel
Vaptio C2 Coil: 0.7Ω Kanthal, Vaptio C1 Coil: 1.6Ω Kanthal,
Bottom Airflow Control
Top-fill
Compatible with Aspire Nautilus Coils!
Thread: 510
Colour: Black

Cosmo Tank Overview

The Cosmo Tank is a 2ml capacity top-fill tank which is compatible with Nautilus coils. The tank is 18.5mm in diameter and has a height of 56.9mm so it's a slim tall tank which suits the slim shape of the Cosmo mod. Starting at the top we have a removable 510 drip tip so you can use your own and a twist off top-cap, there is a little notch that catches to secure the top-cap in position which means just a small turn releases and secures it. When the top-cap is removed you are met by 2 juice ports which are the usual kidney shape but on the small size so using chubby bottles can be a bit messy, as mentioned the tank holds 2ml of liquid. The base of the tank screws off and you screw your chosen coil straight into the base, the supplied coils are identical in shape and size to Nautilus coils which is a great move as this means you will never have problems getting hold of reliable coils to fit the Cosmo. The airflow is dual cyclops with stopper, one side we have 3 small holes for MTL followed by an open slot, the opposite side only has the open slot so for MTL you can choose between 1 hole, 2 holes or 3 holes with the opposite airflow remaining shut, if you carry on turning you now go on to the airflow slots (1 either side) for DL. You get supplied with 2 coils, the pre-installed Kanthal Cosmo C1 MTL coil 1.6ohm which is rated between 10-15w, the other supplied coil is the kanthal DL coil the Cosmos C2 which is 0.7ohm with a rating between 15-23w. The only issue i have at this point is the fact you get no spares for the tank so no spare glass, no o-rings, nothing!

Cosmo Mod Specs and Features:

Mod Size : 20.3*27*68.9mm
Material: Stainless Steel
Output Power : 1-30W (High, Medium, Low)
Battery : 1500mah Internal
Charging: USB 1A Charging.
Support Resistance Range : 0.7Ω-3.0Ω
Ultra smart compact profile, fitting in pocket
3 Options of Power Level
Visual RGB LED Indicators
Over-vape protection
Current shorted protection
Easily USB Charging
Thread: 510
Colours: Blue, Black, Red, Gold

Using the Cosmo

The Cosmo is the usual 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off once on the device has power levels rather than being able to set the wattage manually. To change the power level simply press the power level button which is positioned underneath the fire button, each click changes the level and the corresponding letter to represent the level lights up. The power levels are "L" 10w, "M" 20w and "H" which is 30w, then it's just a matter of pressing the fire button and vaping. Underneath the power selection button is a small LED that light's up to show battery status indication and also flashes Red various amounts of times when a protection kicks in. When vaping if the light is Blue the battery is between 100% and 70%, when it lights Green it's between 70% and 30% and when the battery is less than 30% it lights red, i like the battery indication even though there are only 3 levels because with it lighting Red at less than 30% rather than 10% which is the norm for this kind of device it gives you plenty of notice that you need to think about charging the device. When charging the device it also shows it's progress using the power level letters to do so, when "L" lights up the battery is at between 0% and 30%, when "M" is lit the battery is at between 30% and 70%, when "H" is lit the battery is between 70% and 99% and finally when the battery is fully charged no letters are lit. As mentioned the battery status indication LED also flashes Red when a safety protection kicks in, the protections include Low voltage protection, Over vape protection, Over charging protection and Short circuit protection.

My Experience Using The Cosmo Kit

The Cosmo was ideal for taking out with me when popping out doing things like shopping, i have had the Cosmo a couple of weeks and tried both coils and to be honest Nautilus coils being compatible is only a big pro because of availability as i was impressed with the Vaptio coils which matched the flavour from the Nautilus coils. I found the 0.7ohm DL coil best when using a 70%VG liquid on power level "M" but when using some 50/50 it kept up fine and was still full of flavour on "H" (despite being over the rated wattage) giving a warmer vape. Those that like a restricted lung hit without using high wattage will find this a nice vape with above average flavour for a stock coil (everything is relative not talking mesh coil flavour). Using the 1.6ohm MTL coil was best using on "L" and the airflow is super tight (1 hole open) right up to an airy MTL vape with 3 holes open, i even managed to do an airy MTL vape with the airflow slots half open which did allow me to vape on power level "M" still with really good flavour and no dry hit in sight. Using the MTL coil on "L" is ideal for high nic and nic salts, this is ideal for a first time vaper giving them versatility without being over complicated. The 1500mAh battery gave great life when using on "L" but it goes without saying the higher the power level i used the quicker the battery life was used. If you wanted to use the Cosmo device with other tanks you are limited to small MTL tanks has any tank over 18.5mm in diameter will gap and any bigger than 20mm will overhang the device altogether.

Pros

Well made
Simple to use
Pocket friendly
Stealth vape
Introduction to variable voltage
3 power levels
Good battery status indication
Very quick top-fill system
Can use own 510's
MTL and DL tank
Good flavour with both coils
Power level low is ideal for high nic and nic salts
Compatible with Nautilus coils
Ergonomic
1A charging
Very good battery life on low power

Cons

Can't fine tune wattage
Not suitable for high wattage users
No temp control (only a con if you normally use this mode)
Using chubby nozzles can be messy (small juice ports)
Tanks over 18.5mm will gap
Tanks over 20mm will overhang device
Tank comes with no spares whatsoever

I would once again like to thank Bear from Vaptio for supplying the Cosmo Kit for the purpose of this review.

Cosmo Kit

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
@johnpalley Sorry mate i haven't tried it but this is more geared to MTL but is possible to get a low wattage DL hit, it's very versatile with airflow and can get a tight MTL draw if that's what your looking for. Flavour is very good, Vaptio coils are always good for flavour and with it also being compatible with Nautilus coils i would expect you would get better flavour with this but that is an assumption.

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
@johnpalley Sorry mate i haven't tried it but this is more geared to MTL but is possible to get a low wattage DL hit, it's very versatile with airflow and can get a tight MTL draw if that's what your looking for. Flavour is very good, Vaptio coils are always good for flavour and with it also being compatible with Nautilus coils i would expect you would get better flavour with this but that is an assumption.
Thanks for the response. Yeah I’m trying to choose between this and the priv m17. This could end up being better I think but I want to be 100% sure first. Someone I know is buying one soon so I’m gonna wait for there review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread