Cotton builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

mujuru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2013
The O.C.
I'm a hugh fan of dripping off cotton... recently, i set up my kayfun for a road trip so i wouldn't have to drip and drive... i was bit let down by my Kayfun. No fault to my kayfun...i used to love that thing... but i've just become very accustomed to dripping dual coils and its hard to feel completely satisfied with a single coil build anymore... along with the tight draw (didn't always feel tight before).

Anyways...long story short... i ended up taking an old genny and drilling out the airholes to match the open draw of my RDAs and running a dual coil off cotton...(not my idea, read about it awhile ago)... and am loving it!!! hits like a dripper, but just flip it over for a second or two when needed to "reload"... awesome way to avoid having to drip after a few pulls. I still use my drippers as they are much more pocket friendly... but when i'm driving or know that I won't need to pocket my mod, I reach for my "auto dripper."

Just an option for you to look into if it suits your needs... Otherwise, dripping as needed after a few/several pulls is kind of the nature of the beast.

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
^^^ same here, using an Aga-t2 (Genesis RBA) with cotton, works awesome.

But anyway any RDA should give you at least 5-6 hits before you need to drip again, go with dual coil for more "touching points" with the cotton.

Just remember not to use too thick piece of cotton or the coil will "chock" it when the cotton swells by absorbing liquid, I think the best advice I got here regarding to cotton is "less is more" :)

Jett.

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
SLC, UT
I like to keep a minimal amount of cotton in any coil I build.

With my duals around .3, I get probably 4 or 5 pulls out of 2 drops. With my singles, which I like to keep from .9 to 1.5, I can drip 2 drops and I can get upwards of 12 pulls.

I noticed when I make nano coils and use cotton clouds, a large amount of liquid ends up just sitting in the wick unused. Not sure what's going on with that though haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread