cotton question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkchop081

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
Laurinburg,NC
I have not been able to find cotton that i was sure was organic, and walking into a drugstore and asking if they have organic cotton balls gets you some blank looks like "why does it matter". Then you try to explain what your doing and quickly realize that you are wasting your time. And this is how i ended up with the sterile cotton. Ask if for organic and get pointed to the bags of cotton that in no way say anything about being organic. Now for the kicker, the response to me stating that what they showed me was not organic, "well its cotton so of course its organic, it's natural, not man made" And this is the person who is in the back putting prescriptions together. Think about that next time you are at the drugstore picking up your meds

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas
I never used to boil, but was bored one night and boiled a bag of organic cotton balls in distilled water. For me, after boiling and drying out, it seems like the cotton absorbs better. Also, as mentioned before no break in period. Clean taste right away.
Also, did about a third of the bag in 15 mins about 4 months ago. I think I have used about a half dozen or so, and won't need to do it for a while again.

vape on, folks!

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
i use sterile and organic. i cant decided whats better. the sterile do have a funky taste at first for the first few drags but it goes away. the thing about boiling in water is now you have all the chemicals in your tap water and coming off the pot your boiling them in lol. catch 22 lol

The smoggy air we breath is loaded with fun chemicals. That's a real catch 22 for ya.

Lolli

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
In my thought process, "sterile" will mean chemically treated. Sterile is for wounds and will have some chemicals on it to treat wounds.
I have found organic cotton from Rite Aid. There was a whole entire section in the isle for "organic" products. This was separate from the make up and baby section (where other cotton balls could be found)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Time to say it, and someone needs to:

All this debate about Sterile vs. organic and Boiling vs. not is ALL a matter of Personal Preference and much due to poor information.
Water - Even if micro filtered still has some contamination. 99% Pure is still 1% who knows what.
Most Distilled water is BLEACHED and filtered for mineral removal.
Spring water may as well be from your well. Naturally filtered by the earth(Same principal)

Sterile cotton may have been decontaminated with Hydrogen Peroxide, but it is then flushed/rinsed and specially dried before being shaped and packaged.

Organic cotton cannot really be much, if any safer/cleaner as Cotton grows on the top side of the plant, exposed to ANY airborne pollutants as well as roots being subjected to any water born pollutants carried into any given field. (no? check out the Chesapeake Bay initiatives for clean water)

That said, cotton products are treated as personal use items and care is taken in preparation and packaging.
Once open, the choices you make may or may not help or hinder cotton condition.

We are all experts in our own minds - just remember, even experts disagree.:ohmy:

Sterile or Organic - Boil or Don't. It simply comes down to choice until someone publishes scientific evidence.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread