Cotton Yarn Wick (Peaches N Cream) Wierd Taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

partyannimal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Near Jim Thorpe, PA, USA
You'll never be set....haha! Chop, Cut, Re-wick seems the adequate set of words for this. Or maybe it's just me.

I just got some of the P&C from Wally World and am going to try it out when I get another RBA, or when my Dripper needs a rebuild. Which will probably be within the next 24 hours given my obsessive habit of building coils lately.

I was using cotton balls before, once I got my yarn I found I was more willing to rewick/wrap heads because I found the wicking process easier. Ymmv ;)

Sent from the hand not holding my itazte using Tapatalk

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I was doing some experimenting with P&C cotton yarn a while back, because I wanted to be able to pull a doubled piece of yarn through a micro coil for my GP Spheroid. A coil wrapped around a 5/64 drill bit was too tight. 3/32 was too loose. I needed something in between for my coil. I found that a #44 drill bit, which is .086" diameter (2.18mm) was prefect. It pulls through with just the right amount of friction. I wrap the coil on the #44 bit, bend a piece of kanthal into a V, double a piece of yarn into the V, and pull it through.
I have several attys set up this way, including a couple Kayfuns, Squapes, Taifun GTs, and an Omega dripper with dual coils, in addition to the Spheroid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread