Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
OK so I ordered cottoncandy 18mg 20vg80pg, snickerdoodle 18mg 20/80, and desertship menthol 24mg 20/80. VaporBomb also threw me a free bottle of passionfruit 18mg 20/80.

So since I'm new to vaping I had to immediately vape without steeping. (I have no other juices lol) So, heres what I've experienced so far. The cottoncandy is a really mild cottoncandy flavor, very close to real cotton candy. Then the snickerdoodle, which is delicious, also tastes pretty much "spot-on" to a real cinnamon/vanilla cookie. Both of these two flavors have a moderate/medium throat hit and decent vapor production at the 20/80 mix on the standard 510 batteries and 510 cartomizers. Then the passionfruit, which I haven't played around with too much, has a really sweet flavor, I want to say almost mango-like. Its also got a really pungent, sweet smell to the bottle and the lingering vapor. The passionfruit, at 18mg, actually irritates my throat a little bit, it seriously might just be me, but it hits a little harder than the cottoncandy and the snickerdoodle and stings my throat a little bit.

That brings me to my 24mg desertship menthol, which, I REALLY didn't like the day I recieved it. It tasted like unsweetened cocoa powder mixed with coffee and no menthol. Its been a day and already the menthol is showing up, its sweetening out, and it is getting a lot better. The desertship menthol definitely hits the hardest and my throat is even a little ferclempt as I type this from puffing on it. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to allow it to mix because, this order is all I have to vape, so I have been vaping the others more than this one. Yeah, as I vape it, it still tastes like a dry dark chocolate kind of thing. We'll see how it steeps before I have to vape it from running out of my other juices.

So I liked 3 out of 4 of the juices I got, and I really wanted to thank vaporbomb for the free sample. That is one thing that will keep me coming back for more orders. The snickerdoodle could easily become an everyday all day vape, maybe in a higher mg than 18. You also can't go wrong with the cottoncandy, because you can use it to sweeten other juices. I need to try the passionfruit more, but its definitely good.

Thanks VaporBomb. I will update this thread when I try the steeped desertship menthol. Good stuff. :)

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
The Desert Ship Menthol really does need some time. I was in the same spot as you, I got the juice and needed to use it RIGHT THEN. My DSM tasted like a mix between apple sauce and paint, it was not pleasant. After giving it about a week and a half it got really very nice. I never got the menthol flavor out of it, and it still tasted like applesauce but it became a better tasting applesauce :laugh:

If you're wanting a good menthol from VB, I can't recommend Shade Menthol enough. It was fabulous. I still can't find a menthol that really hits the mark as a previous menthol smoker, but the Shade Menthol is really very good. I've tried Desert Ship Menthol, Virginia Menthol and Shade Menthol (have yet to try Max Ult Menthol) but the Shade is definitely the best to me.

Arctic Ice is also a good purchase. It doesn't have a lot of taste, per se, but it is very cooling and mixes in really well with any flavor especially a tobacco one. Works great to clean out a previous flavor from an atomizer/cartomizer also if you vape it between flavors.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Thanks for the suggestions BonnyC, I'm going to try ShadeMenthol next. (and maybe virginia menthol, I've heard good reviews) I wanted to update this with how they are tasting now. I am currently vaping the passionfruit and it no longer stings my throat, its just a nice throat hit and a nice light mango/prickly-pear kinda flavor. (Its good) I haven't used the cottoncandy much since the first day because all my cartomizers have stronger flavors in them. The snickerdoodle is almost too light for me, the vanilla really shines through it and I don't get too much of the cinnamon. The Desert Ship is still my least favorite, but I CAN tell that it IS changing. (and I kid you not, I swear I keep tasting bugglegum in it's aftertaste) But since it is 24mg, its still got the best throat hit, so I did go for it last night while drinking. So, I'm going to keep letting them settle and keep updating. Thanks everyone.

0smitty

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Ft. Wayne, IN
The Desert Ship Menthol really does need some time. I was in the same spot as you, I got the juice and needed to use it RIGHT THEN. My DSM tasted like a mix between apple sauce and paint, it was not pleasant. After giving it about a week and a half it got really very nice. I never got the menthol flavor out of it, and it still tasted like applesauce but it became a better tasting applesauce :laugh:

If you're wanting a good menthol from VB, I can't recommend Shade Menthol enough. It was fabulous. I still can't find a menthol that really hits the mark as a previous menthol smoker, but the Shade Menthol is really very good. I've tried Desert Ship Menthol, Virginia Menthol and Shade Menthol (have yet to try Max Ult Menthol) but the Shade is definitely the best to me.

Arctic Ice is also a good purchase. It doesn't have a lot of taste, per se, but it is very cooling and mixes in really well with any flavor especially a tobacco one. Works great to clean out a previous flavor from an atomizer/cartomizer also if you vape it between flavors.

Arctic Ice is friggin' wonderful, and versatile! Stuff's great by itself, or to add a nice menthol blast to fruity flavors. Back when, I'd mix .5ml arctic with about 10ml watermelon, gave it a nice kick. This, and CinnaBomb, are *excellent* at being able to make previously-unvapeable juice into something more tolerable. Might be worth mixing a couple drops of Arctic with say 15-18 drops of the DSM, see if that levels it out. :)

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
UPDATE 2/7/2012

The Passionfruit juice from Vaporbomb evened out really nicely and has become my favorite out of the four. So thank you VERY much for the free sample VB. :) I thought it was too sour at first, but it tastes great now. Still lip smacking and bitter, but not sour or harsh on my throat. My bottle is almost gone. :(

I haven't tried the Snickerdoodle since my Snickerdoodle carto died, I have to boil it and revisit it. But as I said above, it tastes really close to a Snickerdoodle cookie, light and sweet vanilla flavor, MAYBE a small amount of cinnamon, just enough to know its there, and a TINY buttery aftertaste. I think that describes it pretty well. Throat hit wasn't very powerful at 20vg/80pg 18mg.

The Cottoncandy was VERY light in taste and after 5 or 6 hits became a sugar, or sweet flavored juice with a small cottoncandy aftertaste left in your mouth upon exhale. Throat hit was pretty good at the same specs as the SD.

The Desert Ship Menthol is the main reason why I came back to do a follow up review. The flavors are really settling and I'm seriously starting to enjoy it. This is a result of a mix between my tastebuds becoming accustomed to the taste, and also the fact that I believe it truly is mixing and mellowing out. I am using a standard 510 and it does taste a little "perfumey" upon exhale, but really not bad at all. If you blow this out of your nose, it tastes and smells like your blowing out a sweet, smokey, fancy tobacco. It no longer tastes like unsweetened cocoa mixed with coffee rinds. Also, while at first, the menthol was almost non-existent, I'd say the menthol is now the first flavor I taste and feel, its nice. At 24mg its giving me a nicotine buzz FAST! (I guess I need to stick to 18mg juices) Throat hit is the best of the bunch, and vapor production is also some of the best out of the four.

So thank you VaporBomb. Great order. I'm ordering some of the concentrated raspberry on special, and maybe a few other flavors if I can afford it this week. :) Returning customer for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread