Cough At First Vape of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

serendipitee

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Grapevine, TX, USA
I was just curious if others cough when they wake up and take there first vape of the day. It's not like a smokers cough, just a cough like you got too big of a throat hit. I noticed this also after I took a break for a few hours. It's almost like I need to ease into it every morning, like a warm up. It only lasts a few puffs then back to normal.

Same for me, first of the day and then first after not using it for a while.

I wondered if I was doing it wrong or if changing the pg/vg ratio would help. Anyone know?

serendipitee

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Grapevine, TX, USA
Probably depends on the nicotine strength a long with the ohm / volts you are vaping at

Don't think that's the case for me, unless lower nicotine strength causes it. I only vape 0mg & 6mg.

Until recently was a pack a day smoker of Capri Menthol 120s, so I imagine my nicotine intake was significantly higher.

Could it be caused by taking in less nicotine? Seems like it would not be.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
First off, howdy. RedhatPat here dialing into you all the way from Amish Country. Welcome to ECF! Not much to go on here but can you state how many packs a day you smoked, and how long since your last analog? I think it's fair to say most of us came into vaping with injuries from years of poisoning ourselves with analogs. So everything being equal, and assuming you're doing everything right (vaping nirvana setup + gamechanger type juice) then you gotta chalk up any oddities or weirdness physically as your body healing or adapting to a more effecient way to deliver nicotine without killing you part.

RHP

Thanks for insight. Rather than repeat, here is my previous point on my past smoking and vaping experience so far.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...spective-after-1-week-vaping-not-smoking.html

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
First vape of the day doesn't really make me need to cough - however, I usually do cough when the wicks start getting dry, after filling up a brand new tank cartomizer, or if I mix too much nic in my juice.

I agree. It may depend on what delivery device you're using. If it sorts itself out after a few puffs, that means to me that the wicks aren't wet enough. Haven't had this problem since I started using Kanger T3, Protank, nor Evod (all bottom coils).

BigSpoon

Verified Member
May 25, 2013
Howell, New Jersey, United States
I also cough once I wake up and try going for my first draws. I'm wondering if I lowered the nic and found a smooth juice to vape on first thing if that would help like the other's posted about.

works for me, but based on most of the other people posting i appear to me in the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread