Cough At First Vape of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I was just curious if others cough when they wake up and take there first vape of the day. It's not like a smokers cough, just a cough like you got too big of a throat hit. I noticed this also after I took a break for a few hours. It's almost like I need to ease into it every morning, like a warm up. It only lasts a few puffs then back to normal.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've been vaping for over a year. My first few drags in the morning can be expected to cause some coughing. It soon goes away after a few minutes. I don't believe it has anything to do with flavor, pg/vg ratio, or nic level.

Part may be due to a dry throat. It helps to drink some juice, coffee, or water before starting to vape.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
In time it'll get easier to pull back on the lung hits because that's the knee-jerk reaction we had as smokers but if you're in it for the fix then you need to check this out http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/337017-inhalation-technique-e-cigarette.html . You'll get more flavor, you'll get more nic to where it needs to be, and you'll waste less juice. I'm a dripper but I'll always flood and blow out (purposely) my atty so my first morning draw is niceeeeeeee, dare to say like a cartotank without the sock. I'm kidding folks! I have cartotank friends but hey nobodies perfect! Coffee or anything warm pretty much helps with the rest.

RHP

Last edited:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
My first vape of the day is before i get into the shower, but i don't cough because the room is steamy by then and i have probably already swallowed a mouthful of toothpaste and mouthwash by then (not because i wanted to).

I'm also scared of coughing and waking HRH up! :blink:

When i get to my car, however, it's game on!

T

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
I was just curious if others cough when they wake up and take there first vape of the day. It's not like a smokers cough, just a cough like you got too big of a throat hit. I noticed this also after I took a break for a few hours. It's almost like I need to ease into it every morning, like a warm up. It only lasts a few puffs then back to normal.

First off, howdy. RedhatPat here dialing into you all the way from Amish Country. Welcome to ECF! Not much to go on here but can you state how many packs a day you smoked, and how long since your last analog? I think it's fair to say most of us came into vaping with injuries from years of poisoning ourselves with analogs. So everything being equal, and assuming you're doing everything right (vaping nirvana setup + gamechanger type juice) then you gotta chalk up any oddities or weirdness physically as your body healing or adapting to a more effecient way to deliver nicotine without killing you part.

RHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread