Coughing

Status
Not open for further replies.

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
I know this is an old thread, but I am just bumping to thank everyone for their advice. After trying a few different things, I got settled on something that works for me, the coughing is gone, and the vaping has been great ever since. My only regret is not trying this sooner, lol
CONGRATS! Finding the way to inhale makes all the difference in the world: I find I have to warn everyone that wants to try my PV (and the hardcore smokers STILL don't listen and wind up coughing their heads off).

Chimney25

Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Canada
I know this is an old thread, but I am just bumping to thank everyone for their advice. After trying a few different things, I got settled on something that works for me, the coughing is gone, and the vaping has been great ever since. My only regret is not trying this sooner, lol

Good for you! May I ask what you changed to make it better for you?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You may try a higher resistance atomizer--I got a Mini Vivi Nova (which may not fit on your setup, I'm too much of a noob to know) and changed the 2.4 head out for the 2.8 one, and got a much, much smoother hit. I don't know how or why it works, or whether it will work for you, but it was life changing for me!

:thumb: This is an excellent point! My first cartomizers were dual coil (two heating elements in the cartomizer) and low resistance (1.8 ohm), because that is what came in my first cartotanks. I couldn't understand why the flavor of the juices sometimes became burnt and the vapor to be harsh.

Eventually I got around to trying some single coil cartos in a standard resistance (2.0 ohm - 2.5 ohm), and they made a WORLD of difference in my vaping experience. From this, I found out that I prefer a COOLER VAPE. Since making the switch, I've never turned back.

I have a personal theory that the upper coil in a dual coil cartomizer may not always get enough liquid to surround it, being that the punched cartos that we purchase always have the hole near the connector end. The bottom coil is always bathed in juice, but depending upon how well the polyfill wicks the juice (and other factors), the top coil may become dry and burn the surrounding batting to cause a burnt taste.

Below are some pics of a dual coil cartomizer dissected. Note the burned batting that surrounds the heating coils. You can click on the small images to enlarge their size:

disected-cartomizer -1.jpg disected-cartomizer -2.jpg disected-cartomizer-3.jpg disected-cartomizer-4.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread