Coughing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelee.d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Alabama
I've been strictly vaping for 75 days now. All of a sudden, I cough sometimes when I vape? I understand that coughing is symptom of quitting smoking but does it generally start 2.5 months later?? I'm confused. This is messing with my good vaping experience! Any thoughts? Some details- I vape 12mg of nic, 70 VG 30 PG liquid, mostly fruity vapes and with my MVP2, iTaste VV/VW.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's a little odd to begin coughing after having been vaping for some time. It's more common when you first begin vaping, as your body has to adapt from smoke to vapor. We all likely coughed when we first inhaled cigarette smoke until we adapted to it; the same is true with vapor.

Nicotine concentration, higher pg ratio, using too low resistance coils or too high voltage can also cause coughing. Specific flavoring agents can also cause some throat irritation.

Inhalation technique can cause coughing. In particular if you use a direct lung inhale. If you use a mouth inhale technique, you can allow the vapor a chance to cool in your mouth before inhaling into your lungs.

Using a longer drip tip can also help cool the vapor.

Freudian DripTip.jpg long_skinny_drip_tip_MyFreedomSmokes.jpg

(Freudian Tip from Pink Spot Vapors and long drip tips from My Freedom Smokes.)

At times, after two years of full time vaping, I occassionally cough. I generally use higher resistance coils (2.5 - 3.0) on my regulated mods as I prefer a cooler vape.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Could it have anything to do with allergy season beginning. I've noticed that I have been stopped up lately and cough a little more. Just a thought. I think if it was the vaping, it would have been at the beginning but I'm not 100% sure. I don't know if it could be a pg allergy starting. Good luck to you and I hope you find out. Thank you for posting because this can help others too. :)

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
It could be various other causes since pollen counts are going up around the country. Do you have any allergies? Looks like you answered that as I was typing this out.

Related, I very occasionally get a super strong flavor hit with very little vapor -- so strong that it causes me to cough mid-puff. Then I go right back to it a few moments later and it's fine. Not sure what causes it, and it's nothing like how a hotspot on a coil would taste, absolutely no burning. A little annoying but I can live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread