Could Trump's re-election go up in a puff of smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So by your logic because you don't know the facts there must be none?
Nope. By my logic people are making claims that they are not providing any facts for. Doesn’t mean there aren’t any, but it does mean that people who would be providing them if they had them aren’t which means they probably at best suck.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So you think he changed his mind?
Schumer is still calling for a flavor ban.
He was behind the FDA lawsuit.
It is a bipartisan effort to ban flavors.
Is he? Or are you just assuming from something he said last winter? A lot has happened since then. Show me recent activity and I’m wrong. The only recent reports I have seen out of federal govt lately are a GOP led bill that went invisible and some trump tweets. My suspicion is neither will go anywhere. Everyone is worrying about bigger things atm.

the most recent stuff though was the trump tweets I think.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
the Republicans are the ones talking about ecig regulation, not the Democrats.

I honestly don't see how you can be on the forum since 2010 and claim this? Is it seriously only because there's some GOP bill in the loop and thus you conclude that only (federal) Pubs want ecig regulation, not Dems?

Here's a Politico article from last few weeks that I think makes it clear that Dems are very pro on (heavy) regulation of eCigs.

My original point wasn't that Dems are and Pubs aren't. My original point is that Trump is currently our only hope. If you find Democrats that truly have a chance (at Fed level) to change the tide, do let us know.

• Agree
Reactions: Rossum

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I honestly don't see how you can be on the forum since 2010 and claim this? Is it seriously only because there's some GOP bill in the loop and thus you conclude that only (federal) Pubs want ecig regulation, not Dems?

Here's a Politico article from last few weeks that I think makes it clear that Dems are very pro on (heavy) regulation of eCigs.

My original point wasn't that Dems are and Pubs aren't. My original point is that Trump is currently our only hope. If you find Democrats that truly have a chance (at Fed level) to change the tide, do let us know.
Of course you don’t.

I’m sure there are Dems that are like that. My point is that there are GOP people like that too and one of them seems to possibly be trump.

As for the bill the thing hasn’t passed yet it merely passed a review to be voted on. On party lines. The house has passed something like 400 bills since it flipped and the senate has killed basically all of them. You’re hoping that if it passes the hous (which it hasn’t but might) that the senate will then pass it (which it has a history of not doing) that trump will then veto it? I honestly don’t think it will come up. In the really unlikely event it does I am very unsure trump would do so.

does it means the Dems as a whole are after ecigs? Or after ecigs more than the GOP? Let’s assume it passes the house. IF it passes the house you may have a point. The thing though is that at this point the Dems are passing stuff for points back home much like the GOP passed 36 or something attempts to repeal Obama care even though they wrote it in the first place. It’s grandstanding. They know it won’t get through because much more important stuff actually hasn’t. It does mean that the Dems can win points passing stupid legislation though.

Last edited:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
IF it passes the house you may have a point.

All I know is I wish we knew each other well enough to make a wager. I'd love to clean up with anyone that seriously thinks congressional dems will be more easy going than pubs. Winning such a wager would help me purchase stuff on the inevitable black market.

If a dem were at POTUS, there would be no re-thinking the issue. It'd already be done. Regulations would be in full effect.

• Agree
Reactions: Rossum

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
All I know is I wish we knew each other well enough to make a wager. I'd love to clean up with anyone that seriously thinks congressional dems will be more easy going than pubs. Winning such a wager would help me purchase stuff on the inevitable black market.

If a dem were at POTUS, there would be no re-thinking the issue. It'd already be done. Regulations would be in full effect.

I love how you keep saying pubs instead of GOP. It’s hilarious. Repetition isn’t truth but it does make things sound truthier. It’s kind of like the nickname thing. No connection to reality but maybe you can manipulate someone.

what makes you think I’d make any wagers on the current political garbage? you want to bet money on politics? Goto Vegas. They actually do it there. They have odds on it and everything. Have fun. Go “clean up”. They’ll take your money. It’s their job.

All these grand terrifying statement too: “ the inevitable black market” “ there would be no rethinking the issue” “regulations would be in full effect”.

Trump I think is fairly predictable in his own way. He seems more purely self interested to me than almost any being I have ever seen. The Dems at least generally have to be lied to.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
what makes you think I’d make any wagers on the current political garbage?

Because of the nonsense you keep saying that it's not Dems seeking onerous regulations on eCigs but is instead the GOP. And partly because of how confident you are when you are saying it.

I did just win $1000 from bookie in Vegas who said you'd make that wager. I bet him you wouldn't. And I won! So, I thank you.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Because of the nonsense you keep saying that it's not Dems seeking onerous regulations on eCigs but is instead the GOP. And partly because of how confident you are when you are saying it.

I did just win $1000 from bookie in Vegas who said you'd make that wager. I bet him you wouldn't. And I won! So, I thank you.
Like Gov. Mike Pence of Indiana? Can't say he did much for his states vape shops, and he was not a Democrat. Ah, that would be Vice President Pence, now. Maybe he just had a change of heart. Maybe.

Last edited:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Remember Gov. Tense

Like Gov. Mike Pence of Indiana? Can't say he did much for his states vape shops, and he was not a Democrat. Ah, that would be Vice President Pence, now. Maybe he just had a change of heart. Maybe.

I think Pence sucked for Indiana vaping. But still think Dems are in favor of more onerous regulations. And still think Trump is our only hope (for a legal market).

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
If I was going to be a single issue voter, vaping wouldn't be it.
Liberals want to force me to be healthy.
Conservatives want to save my soul.
Different paths to the same regulatory conclusions.
I got a warm welcome, and an open ear when I went to my local Congresswoman's office (a Democrat) with a demonstration of vaping equipment, and a thumb drive full of links to the available research.
They honestly didn't know, and they were grateful for the information.
I've seen Republicans, and Democrats both, on both sides of the issues surrounding vaping and public policy.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...
It's a BIG mistake to turn vaping into another partisan issue along the lines of the arguments surrounding abortion, or gun control.
It allows us to be marginalized, manipulated, and essentially ignored by both major parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread