Could use some advice choosing an E-CIG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Omg you read 'as in the same dillemma'as I --I do not have a clue as to where to begin but I do know 'I must quit smoking' People on this ecf board are so kind and helpful. Thumbs up !!!!

Kt - PLEASE read this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...bie-ive-read-lot-here-just-few-questions.html in its entirety. In it, I made the following post:

[Username] - please DO NOT get any of those three [kGo, eGo., e-Power] I own all of them, and like them very much FOR WHAT THEY ARE; constant-voltage devices. I see few if any compelling reasons to start with, or end with, constant voltage. This setup in the video below is IMO a virtual no-brainer to start with, or to add to just about any collection, no matter how advanced or extensive.

THE EGO TWIST IS A GAME CHANGER - YouTube Grimm Green Twist Game changer

Shameless cut-and-paste:

We lost 58,148 brave men and women just in Vietnam. That is perhaps 5,000 deaths a year, in a (very long) shooting war. The death rate from cigarettes is 80 times higher than for our soldiers who fought the heavily-armed North Vietnamese Army and the Viet Cong.

I look at those cigarette machines as if they were machine guns killing 1,200 people a day; 50 people an hour; almost one every minute. And people will keep dying until the war is won.

In World War 2, we lost 416,800 servicemen and women, over a span of about four years. Compare that huge sacrifice to the 443,000 who die each year from smoking. How many Americans in total have died from tobacco? I wish I knew. It could be 20 million or more.

Those tobacco machines must be stopped, or at least slowed down.

The faster a new vaper starts vaping on something, the slower those machines run. Period. Every minute, every hour, every day, or every week you keep out of the fray while trying to find the "perfect" weapon means that those machines are not slowing down when you could be making them slow down.

That is why I advocate the Joyetech eGo-C Twist as much as I do. When Grimm Green and Phil Busardo say that they like it and use it, often in place of their "more advanced", "more powerful", "fuller-featured", or just plain "cooler" stuff, and say that they consider it a valuable addition to anyone's "arsenal" regardless of experience level, that tells me that it's a virtual no-brainer for anyone just starting out. It just does. Sorry.

I wrote this week or so ago, mostly out of frustration:

"If you just want to start vaping while you continue exploring the hundreds of batteries/PV's/APV's/VV AV's, tube mods, box mods, bottom feeders, drip atomizers, variable wattage devices, pass-throughs, cartridges, blank cartridges, pre-filled cartridges, cartomizers, XL cartomizers, XXL cartomizers, pre-punched cartomizers, slotted cartomizers, clearomizers, rebuildable atomizers, humungomizers, hi-res, standard-res, low-res atomizers/cartomizers, eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers, the Bulli atomizer, 510 threads, 808 threads, 808-to-510 adapters, 510-510 extensions and what devices need them for what attachments, single coils, dual coils, triple coils, watts, amps, milliamps, mah (milliamp hours), volts, ohms, resistance as it relates to amp draw and battery life, pulse width modulation, buck/boost circuits, LED readouts and menus, IMR batteries, ICR batteries, drain rates, charging rates, battery safety, "protected"batteries, "unprotected" batteries", "ECF Compliance", multiple-battery chargers, cones, trim rings, J-Tanks, the MAP tank, Joyetech tank systems, Joyetech "C" vs. "T" and "A" tank vs "B" tank, "eGo" vs. Ego" vs. "kGo" vs. "Go-Go" vs. "WTF" .................

then you might want to consider what ******* just advised you to do. Get a couple of batteries, a charger (two would be better), a couple of boxes of Boge 2.0 or 3.0 ohm single coil XL cartomizers, a 510 drip tip, and some juice. Any juice.

If you want a tobacco flavor, get some "Virginia" and/or "Casablanca" from Backwoods Brew. If you want a non-tobacco flavor, get some "Root Beer" or "Peach" from Backwoods Brew.

Optional but highly recommended: one or two Vivi Nova tank/atomizers.

When the stuff comes, charge the batteries, put some juice into a carto, get the polyfill well-saturated, push the button, and vape.

Then explore other options as (and if) you feel the need to".

Please do not spend 200 hours analyzing every option out there before you start vaping on anything, like some poor woman on here said she did. In 200 hours, over 10,000 people die from smoking. Just start vaping on something. it doesn't have to be perfect; I think it's fine if it's merely very, very good, and something that you will very likely continue to use with some regularity regardless of what other gear you end up with. At the very, very least, you can give or sell it to someone else whose life neeeds saving.

THE EGO TWIST IS A GAME CHANGER - YouTube Grimm Green Twist Game changer

A PBusardo Review - eGo Twist - OvaleUSA - YouTube Phil Busardo Twist review

JM24

Jul 19, 2012
PA
I think I've got it now! Going to take your advice on this 'luvinit'

2 x 1000s AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | AltSmoke.com | eGo-C Twist Battery
2 x eGo/510 USB Rapid Charger - 420mAh (For 6$ I can splurge for the back-up)
1 x Go-Go USB Wall Socket (I'll have access to plenty of USB ports so only need 1 of these)
3 x Vision eGo CE4+ Clearomizer DV Edition

1x 30 ML (PG/VG 70/30) Gandalf (Purity) - $5.00 : Heathers Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids The Gandalf you recommended.

1x AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Ice Menthol - Most Popular Flavors - E-Liquid

1x Organic Wild Blue Punch E-liquid | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

Figured I'd try a few different flavors! This look complete to you guys or am I missing something?

I ordered all of the above. Came to about $118.00 with shipping. Thank you all so much for taking the time to help me with this! I will definitely make use of those links in the weeks to come John D. I'll continue to check this thread just in case I missed something. Thanks again all!

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
I ordered all of the above. Came to about $118.00 with shipping. Thank you all so much for taking the time to help me with this! I will definitely make use of those links in the weeks to come John D. I'll continue to check this thread just in case I missed something. Thanks again all!

JM -

I see only 3 "attachments" on your list - the CE4+ clearos. I strongly urge you to also get at least 2 Vivi Novas, 5 Smoktech 3.5ml DCT tanks, 25 Boge single coil XL-sized unpunched cartomizers (15 x 2.0 ohm, 10 x 3.0 ohm), two trim rings, and a plain clear drip tip.

You will almost undoubtedly use them during your vaping career. If you don't like, need, or want them I will buy them from you for what you paid for them, and will reimburse your shippings costs for sending them to me.

I also highly recommend that you get some Boba's Bounty, DK TAB, Backwoods Brew Virginia, Casablanca, and Root Beer, and anything from Mrs. T's Bakery.

I'd also consider getting two or so 650mah twists since the 1000's are a little on the long side, and not as handy and pocket-friendly as the 650's, which have pretty decent battery life especially with the 3.0's that will lower the amp draw at a given wattage.

You are going to enjoy vaping very much. Congratulations on getting started.

Tony76

Moved On
Jul 20, 2012
Uk
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

Tony76

Moved On
Jul 20, 2012
Uk
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

SpringzVz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Colorado Springz, CO
Hi all,

Normally it is my nature to do ridiculous amounts of research before making a purchase but I am in kind of a bind here. I very recently received a job offer from my older brother and I am super short on time. The catch is I will be moving in with him for 6 months or so until I save up enough for a place, and he is about as anti cigarette smoke as you can get. Anyway, I was wondering if you could forgive my lack of research and give me some advice?

Anyway, here is some information. I am not sure how much of this will be helpful, but I figure I might as well post it.

1. This is not my first E-CIG. Awhile back I purchased a 510 starter kit and used it for awhile, but it didn't work out. I would vape and vape and still have an urge for a cigarette. Upon further review, I believe the issue was probably using too little strength cartridges, but I also could have used a bit more of a hit. However, I didn't "hate" it. I didn't mind using it at all.

2. I prefer manually pushing the button.

3. I smoke about a pack of marlboro red 100s a day.

4. Size really isn't an issue. I don't mind having something larger than an actual cigarette, but I would prefer not to get something completely ridiculous that would get me suspicious looks all of the time haha.

5. I could see myself eventually getting into doing the liquid thing on my own, but to start I think i'd prefer something where I could get cartridges.

Again, I apologize for the "omg tell me what to do" nature of this post, but like I said I'm kind of in a time crunch here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

For great vapor volume and flexibility with cartomizers , tanks, and clearomizers. The EGO is the way to go.

I would suggest the New Ego 1000mah Twist partnered with Vision Version 2 clearomizers.
Here is a great vendor as well Joye eGo | Joye 510 | Electronic Cigarette supplies Tulsa | Batteries, atomizers, cartomizers, e-Liquid and more!

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
I have tried loads of e-cigs and I have found Innokin by far the best manufacturer a good stockist is Innokin | Electronic Cigarettes | Starter Kits | AIO | Noble | 510T

Are any of their products variable voltage? I have long thought that variable voltage improves the vaping experience, thereby increasing the odds that a given person will prefer vaping over smoking. For that reason, I think variable voltage is particularly important for beginners, lest they end up becoming one of the 400,000+ US citizens who die from smoking each year.

I consider the battle against smoking a "war" of sorts, with very real casualties, and like to send people into that war with the most effective weapons possible.

Hey John D, yeah it's me again! Yes I can confirm that Innokin has variable voltage devices (or at least 1 I know for sure) and it the iTaste VV, which I have. The iTaste runs from 3.3v - 5.0v. I've had mine now for 3 weeks and it performs well. The only issue it has is it uses a set of magnetic adapters for different threaded attys/cartos that are proprietary. They also have a tank type adapter made just for the iTaste. It allows you to quick change especially if you have multiple 510 or 808 or what haves. It's not perfect in that regard so you have to weigh the pros and cons on it.

I had a question about Ms. T's. I ordered a few bottles a while ago and they all had this kind of perfume type flavor note to them. Have you had this issue too and if you did you fix it? Mine have been steeping for around 2 months with no change.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Hiya Big, wasssssup?

I have to confess that I recommend Mrs. T solely on what I have heard other people say (over and over like fifty times); same exact thing wth my recommendation of the Vivi Nova, Bulli atomizer, ProVari V2, the Volt ciggie look-alike, Reo bottom feeders, Apollo SS VTube, Ego-W whatever-it-is-omizer, Cisco spec HH.357 atomizer, Ikenvape io6 atomizer, 801 fusion cartos from Ikenvape, Vector Variable Voltage APV, Boba's Bounty, DK TAB, E-Joker (R.I.P.), the Darwin, Smoktech 1.7 ohm single-coil Resurrector cartos and many other things that I have not yet had the pleasure to try.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go "rip you a new one" in that other thread. :)

Naaahhh, just kidding, I'll be gentle, as always. I'm really a .....cat at heart, although I can sometimes be a bit of an "Excitable Boy". LMAO!!

Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy - YouTube

[No one "needs" variable voltage. No one "needs" legs either. True story].

Last edited:

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
You know what, it's no problem, that's what this whole forum is about. It's not gonna help anybody out if people do not talk to one another and compare notes. It would get pretty dull around here if we all had the same opinion and point of view. BTW did you get the idea that I too love VV?

I think I'm going to start linking to audio files that I make, because I am very, very tired of the limitations of speed and conveyance of tone and nuance that the keyboard imparts to communication.

Yup, yup, yup, that's what Ima' gonna do. Watch this space for my first one.

Woooohooooo! I'm loving it! If I link to a fifteen minute audio file of me talking about whatever the hell I feel like, including love, forgiveness, and non-judgmental communication as a means of improving the discussion of vaping or any other topic, is that "Off Topic"? I hereby formally put this question to any moderator who might read this. In the meantime, I'm going to go ahead and do it.

Of course, what I say will be mostly focused on why I feel so strongly about variable voltage, because yes, I do sense that you love it, and might therefore have an appreciation for why I want as many other people as possible to experience what I consider to be its many indisputable advantages over constant voltage.

Can someone drive across country in a car that has a one-speed manual transmission? Yes. Would I recommend a five-speed? Yes.

Why are we still having this discussion about why I recommend variable voltage?

Last edited:

naverave

May 3, 2012
London, UK
KGO 1100 maH from hoosierecig.com for 43$. CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. Just like you I spent 6 months doing the 'research'. Since you asked the question here is your answer. Now just find a good deal and order it. Always make sure you find coupon codes/deals for that particular vendor. I think hoosierecig has code '5off'. As a newcomer you just cannot go wrong with Kgo Starter Kit. Its the same as Ego. Just a less popular brand than Joyetech or w.e. else is there in ego style batteries. I just started vaping 2 days ago and stopped wasting money on Marlboros. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread