Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA

wild200v

Nov 6, 2013
Kearns Utah
Are you planning on extracting pipe tobacco or are you looking for a recipe using flavor concentrate?

If you're planning to extrace pipe tobacco, check out this sub-forum:http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/liquid-extraction-tobacco/

If you're looking for flavor concentrates, Flavor West's Coumarin Pipe flavor is pretty good.
thank you so much. i had not found "Flavor West". i will look for them.this is what i was looking for. i did not know anyone made that flavor by itself. i thought it a mix of tobacco flavors and something else. so, w/that in mind, if someone knows which single flavors to play w/to make it, leat me know. in the meantime, i will go find flavor west and order that up. also finding i like a flavor called "Havana Banana". and i have not seen a "single" flavoring for that one either. but i would assume one could order Havana flavor and a few banana flavors and experiment. i seem to be finding that fruity flavors seem easy to make taste well w/slight tweaks. the coffee and tobaccos are a different story. anyone else think this?

wild200v

Nov 6, 2013
Kearns Utah
i went to Flavor west's site and found the smallest amount i could buy was 4 oz. i like the flavor enough to try even at 7+ a bottle. but when i went to shipping, wow, 9 bucks at minimum. is there something i am missing? do i just need to try a whole lot of products to justify the shipping? if i knew for sure it is the same as i have? maybe but? perhaps there is a site i could go to and get a smaller sample along w/other small samples? i feel perhaps i am pestering you all and do not want that. i just need help as i do not know of all the sources or if there are any besides the main source?

Danoman

Moved On
Oct 11, 2013
Anniston, Al, USA
thank you so much. i had not found "Flavor West". i will look for them.this is what i was looking for. i did not know anyone made that flavor by itself. i thought it a mix of tobacco flavors and something else. so, w/that in mind, if someone knows which single flavors to play w/to make it, leat me know. in the meantime, i will go find flavor west and order that up. also finding i like a flavor called "Havana Banana". and i have not seen a "single" flavoring for that one either. but i would assume one could order Havana flavor and a few banana flavors and experiment. i seem to be finding that fruity flavors seem easy to make taste well w/slight tweaks. the coffee and tobaccos are a different story. anyone else think this?

I agree completely... the tobacco's and the coffees are a bit of a challenge to dial in correctly... working on that myself in fact. :)

Vash

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2012
ethervapes.com
With tobacco flavors less is more and also they need to steep.Try making few small bottles in diff flavor % and see how they taste first day and few days later and so on.As you mentioned fruits tend to be pretty simple its the tobaccos/coffees and complex desserts that are much more tricky and need experimenting with to suit your taste :)

Danoman

Moved On
Oct 11, 2013
Anniston, Al, USA
On the tobacco side, you HAVE to start off with a really, really good tobacco (steeping and filtering the way I do) because it will taste as good as the tobacco is. I tried skimping on that part and it was a total waste of my products. After learning from THAT mistake I went on to a decent all natural tobacco and wow, the difference was amazing. I've also learned to add several drops of vanilla or caramel to the tobacco to 'smooth' out the harshness a bit as soon as I start the steeping process. (the same thing with a sweetener does some miracles too) Depending on how much you use. (just a little bit, not much) Normally, it won't really add a vanilla flavor to it it'll just make it a bit more mellow when added to your favorite mix and the throat hit isn't quite SO harsh when vaped. (of course, depending on the amount of PG/VG/Nic you add)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread