Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I bought some juul pods from a gas station i never otherwise go to. Was just there with a friend and thought id get some pods. These taste funny, really nasty. Mint shouldnt taste like these do. Im wondering if they are fakes.

I can't tell if it's fake or not, but if they aren't already being counterfeited then it's only a matter of time. Actually I am kind of surprised it took this long.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Juul asks regulators to stop companies selling lookalike e-cigarettes

If there is anything that I have learned over the last several years of vaping, is if a particular product is popular and profitable, China clone manufacturers will duplicate it. The Juul was a perfect target. Provari anyone?

Fake provari's?

DiscountVaperscom_wildfire_cap__97533135250167312801280_zpsb34c8b8a.jpg

Fake Provari ECF Forum

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Juul asks regulators to stop companies selling lookalike e-cigarettes

If there is anything that I have learned over the last several years of vaping, is if a particular product is popular and profitable, China clone manufacturers will duplicate it. The Juul was a perfect target. Provari anyone?

Having missed the Provari Era, I'm no expert, but that fire button doesn't look quite like what if expect on a provari. Same for the screws, but that button sure doesn't look like something on a $2-300 mod. But like I said, never had one to know.

(Edit apologies to provarians if that's legit no criticism intended)

Reactions: Opinionated

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Can't help but notice that they are revealed as FAKE and knockoff mods and tanks are called CLONES. Just my :2c:

well there is a difference, clones don't state that they are the original whereas fakes do

I agree with Shadav. The difference is in marketing and what you intended to purchase. If a product is a copy and you buy it as a very cheap version of the original with full knowledge that it is not the original then it is a "clone". If you are misled and believe you are purchasing an original (often at original pricing) when in fact it is not, then it is counterfeit/fake.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread