Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I have never tried a button cover. I've even had one forever that Rob sent me.

Well my old mom has been burning thru stacked batteries on her VV grands so I figured lemme hook her up with a killer grand that I have for her cartos. I remembers that button cover so I popped a grand bottle cap oring on there (thanks for the tip yall) then put on the button and damn if I don't LOVE IT.

I am the guy who "would never use a button cover". Well I have been learning a lot about saying never lately.

So I ordered up covers for all my mods and got one for the old jyvassturkie too cause he'll be all like "why didn't ya get me one".

The best part of it all is I got to talk to the Rob the Real Deal O'Neil for like an hour so I'm sorry if your mod didn't get shipped today.

Any day ya rap with the Original Gangsta is a great day. And he loves that special mod.

I told him he has to vape it just like we have all had to vape our special REOs Ha ha.

So I'm now a button cover guy. Lol

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I have never tried a button cover. I've even had one forever that Rob sent me.

Well my old mom has been burning thru stacked batteries on her VV grands so I figured lemme hook her up with a killer grand that I have for her cartos. I remembers that button cover so I popped a grand bottle cap oring on there (thanks for the tip yall) then put on the button and damn if I don't LOVE IT.

I am the guy who "would never use a button cover". Well I have been learning a lot about saying never lately.

So I ordered up covers for all my mods and got one for the old jyvassturkie too cause he'll be all like "why didn't ya get me one".

The best part of it all is I got to talk to the Rob the Real Deal O'Neil for like an hour so I'm sorry if your mod didn't get shipped today.

Any day ya rap with the Original Gangsta is a great day. And he loves that special mod.

I told him he has to vape it just like we have all had to vape our special REOs Ha ha.

So I'm now a button cover guy. Lol

And all along you thought we were just wimps with soft thumbs ;)

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Ruussss...Super_X_ Drifter ...Russ? That Russ, is using a Button Cover now??
shok.gif

...figured it was a matter of time. Thumbs can only take so much.

Which ones did you order?? Post some pics.
greeting.gif

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Ruussss...Super_X_ Drifter ...Russ? That Russ, is using a Button Cover now??
shok.gif

...figured it was a matter of time. Thumbs can only take so much.

Which ones did you order?? Post some pics.
greeting.gif

Wow its about time! Now ya gota remake all those videos with button covered reos! Haha j/k.

Gota see a video of you using one.

I'll say every video I've watched of yours that non button reo always looked odd to me. Hehe

If they get here before I shoot my new format vlog on Friday they will be featured. Here's what I got:
Aluminum for my TRA and Kawi Green, black for my Black anodized with Kawi green door. I also picked up a glow in the dark green that may go on that mod too. I gotta play around to get just the right aesthetic.

Here's the format. It's like a motor trend style update on my mods and atty fleet and significant gear. It'll let the viewer know how something is holding up, my opinion of it since I did the first impression (Walk thru) video, any issues, how they were resolved, any tips / tricks, changes in build preferences, maintenance rituals and intervals, etc. it'll include the acquisition date and I plan on running it every two weeks with updates on each item. The REOs are the only ones that qualify for "long term updates".
It'll also cover any new stuff I purchase since the last vlog.

Here's what I got planned for Friday night:
image.jpg

I thought this would be helpful and something more focused rather than just a rambling vlog. It involves a spreadsheet, record and note keeping. A guys gotta work sometimes right?

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
What's the M-Atty FPR and SPR? The only M-Atty I know is SRO (standing room only - as in "sold out - you can't get one").

Oh, my bad. It should actually read pre production prototype instead of FPR. :w00t: . Basically the same as an FPR but no markings. If the M-atty is a unicorn that one is the white whale with wings. And it was just freakin given to me by the maker.

the guy that makes em is an ECF member and just a cool dude with a vision who was part of the initial, big (now closed cause it exceeded post count) micro coil thread. So it was just by virtue of a long term e-friendship that I received the gift of that bad boy and the membership in the group allowing me to purchase a SPR.

I'm a blessed dude when it comes to the relationships I've made here on ECF. You never know who the person really is on the other side of the screen right?

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
When I bought my first Reo, I didn't order a button cover with it. I had never used a Reo before, so I didn't know I'd need or want one. I quickly decided I'd want a button cover, so I ordered a couple. In the meantime, I looked around for a way to improvise. I found that the rubber plunger from a 3ml syringe makes a pretty darn good button cover, in a pinch.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Yeah, since I realized that my mom won't even be over till the weekend, I decided not to deprive myself of a cover any longer. So off of her future mod it came and on to one of my daily drivers it went. No oring required for this kid cause I don't mash.

image.jpg

Oh and while I'm posting up pix look at my wife yesterday with the great #4. And yes she is adding to my lil collection of Bruins stuff from the pro shop. Prolly wear it Friday night for the vid :headbang:

image.jpg

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Love button covers for ease of use and hey, they are a pretty/handsome completion to an outstanding device.

Yep, NEVER say never. Years ago, I was "one of those" that thought that people who dressed dogs were silly. Then we adopted an old chihuahua who spent the remainder of his life seeking warmth. Yep, you got it! Charlie had lots of jackets and has passed them on to our recent adoption, who is also a heat seeker. Heck, even our big Piddy has a (and needs a) jacket for those occasional chilly days when we thrust her up from the couch to do her business outside..... Never say never. Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread