cr123s not lasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newtkeeper

Dec 22, 2011
Addison, TX
Ok, I can't post this in the batteries forum. I've have had pretty consistent issue with stacking batteries for 6v vaping. At first it was with cr2s with my copper, then when I got my silver bullet, the cr123s aren't doing much better. After a charge they usually only last me about 1 to 1.5 hours. in either my Silver Bullet or Reo. I've heard several people say that they an get them to run all day. I'm don't know what I'm doing wrong.

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I had the same problem. Plus their designed for smaller mods to be used singly. I never stack batteries anymore, but I did quite a while back...around the time I noticed that the lifespan and vaping hours weren't the best to begin with and, shortly thereafter, the batteries just wouldn't hold a charge at all. IMO, don't stack batteries; the rationale being that there are so many mods out now that function beautifully running off of single battery configurations.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I stack my lifepo's and get about 4 hours of heavy vaping before I notice them tapering off too much. I have both the blue and green banded ones..silver on top. I also have some blue ones from madvapes and carolinavapes. Have you checked the voltages off the charger for each battery? You could have a bad cell and not be aware of it unless you check. I vape 6-7mls a day at 6V and only change my batteries once a day in my SB.

Edit: I forgot to add that I also use dual coil cartomizers on mine. One SB has a Boge 3.0ohm on it which I can usually get a little longer runtime out of it versus the dcc.

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Yeah, would need to know the resistance of your atomizer/cartomizer and the mAh rating of the batteries to know if your experience is typical.

Also knowing if you have the thing puffing a cloud constantly or only hitting it once every half hour could be a factor too.

A C rating of the batteries would be nice for getting exact numbers and finding out what is going on, but I know many folks cannot even find a C rating as manufacturers don't always list them.

Newtkeeper

Dec 22, 2011
Addison, TX
Iw ill look and see what info I can get off of them. They are difficult to read, due tot he small print. They are Tenergy batteries witht he green band. You can get them at Fry's. I've been using a dual coil carto, it would eb standard resistance, but I don't know the exact ohms. I usually vape pretty heavily. Probably picking ti back up every 5-ten minutes and having a couple puffs. Hope this helps. I will get more info off the batteries, when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread