Cran mango

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I was going through some old juice that I had never tried commercial juice and I came across mango which I thought I would hate because I love fresh mangoes but I hate artificial mango flavor anyway it turns out I freaking love it and I found out that it's not just mango people are saying it has a cranberry in it too. I don't know if this is a question that can be answered and I do know taste is subjective. Off the top of your head does anyone know of a cranberry concentrate that works well with mango or that they think might or just in general a cranberry that's not too bitter that I can use as an accompanying flavor to a primarily mango centered juice.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Taste is subjective. There are probably mango flavors of a particular brand that work well with cranberry flavors of a particular brand.

I'd probably go to the sister site and put in a search for a clone of that juice, if it's old.

Also, the proportions are going to matter. Also, whether the juice was sweetened as well is going to matter.

You may have to throw your own DIY party on this one. If you named the manufacturer, that might help. But so much of DIY is pretty subjective, anyway and you say it is "very old" so it may have like tasted quite different before steeping/aging/melding (ARGH that thread) whatevering for however long.

Not trying to discourage you, merely point out the infinite variables. I might try some testers of well reviewed mango and cranberry flavor makers and do some single tester mixes and let them age.

You can try mingling them in different proportions in your tank to speed it up a bit .It's NOT the same as aging everything together but it can be a quick and dirty way to get a "sense" of proportions of flavoring and by that I might add that it works for *me* and certainly not everyone.

Good luck,

Anna

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Taste is subjective. There are probably mango flavors of a particular brand that work well with cranberry flavors of a particular brand.

I'd probably go to the sister site and put in a search for a clone of that juice, if it's old.

Also, the proportions are going to matter. Also, whether the juice was sweetened as well is going to matter.

You may have to throw your own DIY party on this one. If you named the manufacturer, that might help. But so much of DIY is pretty subjective, anyway and you say it is "very old" so it may have like tasted quite different before steeping/aging/melding (ARGH that thread) whatevering for however long.

Not trying to discourage you, merely point out the infinite variables. I might try some testers of well reviewed mango and cranberry flavor makers and do some single tester mixes and let them age.

You can try mingling them in different proportions in your tank to speed it up a bit .It's NOT the same as aging everything together but it can be a quick and dirty way to get a "sense" of proportions of flavoring and by that I might add that it works for *me* and certainly not everyone.

Good luck,

Anna
Oh that's a great idea as a fast n dirty trial once I get a cranberry. In fact I thought I hated mango I found out that I really love mango. It was an old Vape Wild flavor heck they might even still make it it was called techno mango. Maybe I need to do a broader search.

Reactions: stols001

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Vape Wild has a Peach Mango Tango that's really good (actually too strong/sweet for me but most pre-mades are) The peach flavor dominates. I mix it with their Smurf Cake... work great together. Might try it (them) with a few drops of cranberry added.
I would also LOVE to find a good DIY mango! TFA mango sucks.
I'm glad I didn't get it LOL I'm quite fond of central Vapors mango but I find it to be a bit pricey it's like $4 for 10 mL of concentrate which isn't terrible I know but I'm used to getting flavors for like $2/10ml or even less. It is a super Stellar mango though in my opinion of course taste is subjective. I just picked up a few 60ml juices from Nic River by Vape kitchen for $3.99 and they have a mango that I got so I'll let you know how that goes. It's not do it yourself but for $3.99 and having heard of Vape kitchen for years now I couldn't resist. I was so limited on what juices I got before that I don't even really know like what I like so I can't pick a recipe that sounds like something I like and just buy the flavors because I have no earthly idea whether or not I like that flavor so even if I make it on point exactly as intended I don't know what it's supposed to taste like LOL I literally only Vape lemonade and before that vapewild murica and before that grape LOL oh and a cucumber mint but that was like right after I quit smoking menthol cigarettes so that made sense now I hate mint. I'm sorry I have a tendency to write novels you may want to go check out that Vape kitchen if you want some pre-made juice they had some interesting offering and $4 for 60 mil isn't bad

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I noticed the flavors are not as strong as most but still going to give then a try (the 5 for $8 free shipping)
It turns out this will help me with a situation I'm in with my DIY (don't have any plain PG, just 48 mg nic in PG) That was fine for my MTL juices (mixed with 3 parts VG comes out to 12 mg nic) but I need to make some juices with less nic (for restricted DL)... by having to use more of the flavor % it's also more PG... problem solved. Probably confusing everyone but it works out perfect for my situation (I'm also adding extra VG) Told a friend and he's ordering some too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread