Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
3. 6/17 - "The sky is blue and all the leaves are green. My heart's as warm as a baked potato. I think I know precisely what I mean, when I say it's a *Shpadoinkle* day!" - Alferd Packer (Trey Parker) - Cannibal! The Musical

May you all have a Shpadoinkle day! (whatever that means, it sounds nice:D)

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
2. 6/17

"If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits………

PUGGGNINHGHHHRIZZZ!!!!" (The Monster, Young Frankenstein)

Okay, so it's technically from the song, but the alteration makes it count. I just watched AFI's Lifetime Achievement Award show for the brilliant Mel Brooks. It was fantastic. He is fantastic!

Gonna go back to read some of what's already been posted:).

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
6/17
Happy Monday everyone.
Here's from the deep wisdom scattered throughout that complex, highbrow, contemplative work of film genius, Kung Fu Panda ;)

Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."

Erised

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2009
Florida
#1 6/17

Willow
High Aldwin: [throws an apple into the air which turns into a bird] Go in the direction the bird is flying!

Burgelcutt: He's going back to village!

High Aldwin: Ignore the bird. Follow the river.

This describes me and my sense of direction (Yeah, I kinda sorta got lost again this morning).:facepalm:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
6-17
More Kung Fu Panda wisdom.
Because I am, currently, stuck listening to someone spout REALLY BAD ADVICE on a long business conference call and it's incredibly irritating.

"...no matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach."

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
6/17/13 - #3

"There is another..."
-Yoda in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

(spoiler alert if you've never seen the series)
This quote is in reference to what would happen if Luke died in the battle with Darth Vader. His answer was, there is another. It's one of the more mysterious quotes because no one quite knew what was meant by that. Later, it was revealed in the movies that the person he was referring to was none other than Leia, his sister. In the following books, Leia became quite strong in the Force herself. I basically use it whenever one idea turns out to be a bum idea, but there's still hope of pulling it off. :)

somejerk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Utah
quote from blade runner that wasn't actually in the script.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die."
I thought of it because it's always been one of my favorites, although it is a bit sad.

Erised

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2009
Florida
#2 6/17

Innerspace

Mr. Wormwood: You've got a great future in front of you in Retail Food marketing, and I just hate to see you throw it all away by going psycho on us.

I'm thinking of this one because I just love the grandfatherly gentleman that works at my local grocery deli -- he is always so sweet and friendly, and no matter how difficult the customer is he remains unflappable -- I admire his patience (and I remain amazed that he's not gone psycho!). :laugh:

somejerk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Utah
Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*.
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*.
Fezzik: He's really very short on *charm*.
Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
Vizzini: Enough of that.
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?

Vizzini: DYEEAAHHHHHH.

I thought of it because someone else posted a princess bride quote and I thought, I could pretty much quote the whole movie! This is my favorite part!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread